:::[Official] San Francisco 49ers 2024 Season Thread [1-1 @Rams 9/22 1:25PST]:::

Should UnicornHunter’s faithful card be revoked for his blasphemous Patrick Willis comments?

• Yes permanently

Votes: 31 79.5%
  • Yes temporarily

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • No

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
i'm riding with Jimmy until Shanny pulls him. as much as I want to see Trey get starter experience, if we see him starting this season, i'll take it that team has no real super bowl aspirations.
I agree. It'll take a while for Trey Lance to get used to being a Pro period. Playbook memorization, timing, chemistry, reading defenses, pocket presence, feeling pressure, etc., etc., all gets learned and familiarized through reps and observation. He'll get it down, but it will take time. We just need to solidify the foundation around Jimmy, because we know he can't do it alone, nor should he be expected to at this point. Unfortunately injuries definitely caused setbacks, otherwise we'd be in better shape, but that comes with football so we adjust.

i'm riding with Jimmy until Shanny pulls him. as much as I want to see Trey get starter experience, if we see him starting this season, i'll take it that team has no real super bowl aspirations.

i really can't think of a rookie in recent history who's come in and taken his team to the SB. even when kaep came in and replaced smith on his way to his only SB appearance, he did it after having a full season of riding the bench and learning the playbook. not saying that trey isn't the solution, but right now, i doubt he is. Russel Wilson is the only dude i can think of who played meaningful games his rookie season and then won his team a ring the year after.
We’re not a SB team this year which is why I want him to start and take his lumps now and come into his own like Burrow, Herbo and Allen. We’re a wild card team at best, and that’s a stretch since we have the worst starting QB in our division.

Our defense isn’t the same without Buckner either and the secondary is as thin as they come. Making the playoffs would be a win for us, but I don’t see a SB appearance with our current roster. Running a high powered offense with Lance was supposed to help mitigate the numerous holes we have on our defense.

Buckner and Bosa were terrifying, can’t believe we broke that up. I know we restructured Jimmy but he should have taken a pay cut, them dudes made his job so much easier. I hate living in the past but that situation was completely mishandled.

We’re not a SB team this year which is why I want him to start and take his lumps now and come into his own like Burrow, Herbo and Allen. We’re a wild card team at best, and that’s a stretch since we have the worst starting QB in our division.

Our defense isn’t the same without Buckner either and the secondary is as thin as they come. Making the playoffs would be a win for us, but I don’t see a SB appearance with our current roster. Running a high powered offense with Lance was supposed to help mitigate the numerous holes we have on our defense.

whoa my guy, step back from the ledge. don’t let one loss to a top 5 QB in week 3 make you lose faith in this season. niners are more than capable of winning this division. nfl truly is a week to week league

no team is a clear cut front runner for the superbowl, at least in the nfc. every team in the league has weaknesses. i’ll wait to see how the niners play kyler and russ before i form any strong judgement.

and idk man, i would love to see Trey be “it” but asking any qb, especially a first or second year qb, to be great enough to make up for deficiencies on defense as well as holes in our run game is a lot to ask for. short of TB, not many QBs are carrying both sides of the ball and winning in late january

Man, I hate to be negative about the loss. But I think it's time to sit Jimmy. So many times he set the receivers up to get hurt. He just looks scared...It's frustrating to see. Also, it seemed like Green Bay was more unsure about Trey when he got in. He definitely should've played more. Crowd was screaming for Kyle to put him in. Also, not going for it on that 4th and 1 was dumb too because green bay still scored after the punt in the 2nd qtr. I could say pass rush was bad at the end, but really Rodgers was getting the ball out fast. Stupid to play prevent when all they needed was a field goal.

Dink and dunk Jimmy is not the answer. Defenses are dialed in on Jimmy and are just sitting on all the underneath stuff. Nobody respects his deep ball, not even his own receivers. If there’s no run game, Shanny can’t get to his play action plays so LBs and safeties aren’t gonna get pulled in and will dare Jimmy to hit those intermediate and deep passes. We definitely need another element to our offense and it’s Trey.

Jimmy is a scared *** *****. Period.

I'm used to Montana and Young. I'm used to seeing Super Bowl wins. So is Kyle Shanahan.

I dont want to see MY SF 49ers playing a QB who plays scared 90% of the time.

Trey Lance is ready. Because with this banged up roster, it is no longer Super Bowl ready. Get his experience started now.

If Red was here Im pretty certain he would blame this on Shanny’s clock management.
That's a factor, but you gotta score if given the opportunity. And if the defense can't hold GB from getting 45-50 yards in :37 seconds, it's completely on them. What sounds more egregious, scoring while leaving 37 seconds on the clock, or the defense giving up 50 yards in 34 seconds? It's on the defense in my eyes.

That's a factor, but you gotta score if given the opportunity. And if the defense can't hold GB from getting 45-50 yards in :37 seconds, it's completely on them. What sounds more egregious, scoring while leaving 37 seconds on the clock, or the defense giving up 50 yards in 34 seconds? It's on the defense in my eyes.

Dont hike the ball with 12 seconds left on the play clock and 3 timeouts. This is on Shanny. Hes supposed to let Jimmy know to drain it out

Secondary and/or Ryan's playcalling are the bigger problems. Its been a while since teams have thrown at us like this for big chunk yards. I heard Hitner criticize the D playing calling in the post game show saying they didnt didnt disguise their looks. Pretty much showed Rodgers what the coverage was and dared Rodgers to try and beat it. Come to think about it, I kinda remember hearing the NBC crew bringing that up and saying we tried to play them man to man instead of zone.

The pass rush not feasting on the GB's Oline didn't help either. Fortunately, we can work on that, our pass coverage play-calling, Oline pass blocking consistency, getting receivers open, and offensive play-calling all together.

What we can't fix is Jimmy(lack of arm strength/decision-making, occasional tunnel vision/inaccuracies), injured running backs, and injured secondary players.

Our offense still stale and it won’t change until we can show that we can pass the ball 10+ yards

Jimmys deep ball into was horrendous… Either that play needs some tweaking or jimmy just stared down Kittle allowing Alexander to fly over… He had no one in his zone

I think we are just used to kicking GBs a** when we are healthy or having a starting qb play lol. And we almost won by basically spotting them 17 points. (So many PIs)
Offense started sooo slow. Put up at least a field goal in the first quarter and the outcome is different.
4th and 1 you go for it on the 50. Period.
Ryan’s need to get better on the playcalling. The finish of these last 3 games are not impressive at all.
Well bounce back once we get some of our RBs from injury. Mostert really makes our run game unique. I’m hoping Hasty and Cannon can fill his role.

There’s only one solution… make the transition to Trey. Jimmy clearly isn’t the SB level QB he was in ‘19. He’s shaky at best, very inconsistent, and makes weird mistakes. Get the young, athletic, big arm in there and see where he takes us. We still have the coaching and roster to make a playoff run.

Damn one loss and people are already calling for Jimmy to be benched? Sheesh.

I know right. Folks in here can talk about Jimmy G’s inconsistencies last night and that’s fine…..there’a a lot to discuss there. However he doesn’t deserved to be benched. He helped score what should have been the winning touchdown with :37 seconds left. I don’t care what opposing quarterback you are up against……no defense should give up field goal position with that little bit of time left.

Jimmy G did his job las night…..no matter how bad he might have looked at times. Our new defensive coordinator Ryans cost us the game courtesy of the secondary play and not being aggressive enough when it mattered. I’m all for the continuation of Jimmy G still starting.

they need good healthy corners. people blaming the play calling or scheme but IDK what you do when your DBs so depleted in terms of health and talent.

call man? well your DBs aren't as good as their WRs so you're getting burned because your DB cant win the 1 on 1 against davante adams on a possession catch or can't keep up with the speedster scantling

call zone? well now your DBs are playing soft coverage yards off the receivers, so no getting burnt on those 1 on 1s but now you're getting burnt closer to the LOS

honestly the defense played good ball mostly. 9ers had 2 turnovers on offense and the GB packers only got 3 points off them total. if that was 14 points it wouldn't have even been a close ball game.

i think there were 3 major problems:

1. lack of healthy cornerbacks. we had 8 cornerbacks on the active roster. 2 are OUT 2 are QUESTIONABLE 1 is on IR. That means Dontae Johnson, Deomoddore Lenoire, and Emanuel Moseley are literally it right now

2. lack of offense in the first quarter. score a FG in that first half or even another TD earlier in the half and it's a way different ball game.

3. pass rush started off strong, but after the first 5-10 minutes ended up getting bullied for a lot of the game by a weaker GB o-line. Not to mention they were nasty with adding protection. Nick Bosa was getting chipped by RBs and got pancaked ******* HARD by their TE.

but people need to not be so dramatic and not act like this is the end of the world

9ers gained the lead on a TD drive with 37 seconds left

losing in the last 2 seconds to aaron rodgers nothing to trip about. that's what he and tom brady are literally famous for doing. if you give the ball back to them in a one score game, even with no time outs, even with less than a minute on the clock, you're running the risk of the type of last second minute heroics that these guys are famous and considered GOATs for

It’s not about Jimmy deserving 100% to be benched. It’s about moving forward and improving the position.

Back
Top Bottom