:::[Official] San Francisco 49ers 2024 Season Thread [1-1 @Rams 9/22 1:25PST]:::

Should UnicornHunter’s faithful card be revoked for his blasphemous Patrick Willis comments?

• Yes permanently

Votes: 31 79.5%
  • Yes temporarily

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • No

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
One thing for sure is jimmy need to grow some balls. Everytime he feels pressure, he gets shook and looks to panic. Its like his compusure is trash. Did well to bring us back but i also wonder how good trey who can throw a long ball and scramble do with shanny play book.

We overcame the fumble and interception. This loss is based on clock management. Not saying for Juice to not score Im saying it should have not been hiked that soon

the only negative i can think of to letting Trey is him not being ready as far as confidence. I’m not too worried about roomie mistakes cause Jimmy out there doing the same. But i would Hate to out Trey out there and watch whatever confidence he has go to **** and ruin him.

At this point i’m rolling with whatever Kyle decides. He knows the situation better than anyone

Going to throw him out into the fire and have him look like Zach Wilson
But let's be fair, I think Trey would be a lot better than how Zach Wilson has looked...Yikes.

Trevor Lawrence looked bad yesterday too. I saw that highlight where he tried to lob pass and it was just ugly.

Hope norman alright.
Wilson going to try to throw it deep.
Bruised lungs sounds like it hurts big time. Looks like we may see Dre Kirkpatrick.

Also, isn't our O-line good enough to have Kittle run more routes instead of blocking? Just use Juice to help with the rush. I would think the Niners would have an advantage with Kittle if they are staking the box.

Jimmy G gonna continue living off the efforts of his receivers and tight ends. YAC boys out here dragging CBs and getting their Lebron on while Jimmy hangs them out to dry on 5 yard slants and curls. The one time he tests that secondary deep, he throws a floating lame duck that gets easily picked. Obvious that Kyle doesn’t trust his arm downfield. It’s like this every week. 😂
FB8A727C-2A84-4570-B75C-FA3DAE5B4E23.jpeg

This offense will be muted unless Jimmy is BENCHED. Literally the opposing defense is sitting on every short route and jumping everything and they are not worried at all by the deep ball.

Imagine Trey running RPO/Zone Reads with this offense 🔥🔥🔥🔥. Opposing defenses would be TOAST.

If they make the switch to Trey for any reason barring injury or Jimmy absolutely stinking it up, there’s no turning back even if he struggles imo. And I don’t think they’re at that point yet. Aside from that. This is a veteran team. Making the switch this early is pretty much telling those guys they’re treating this as a transitional year while Trey figures it out and focusing on 2022. . Now if come November they’re .500 or 6-5 and it looks like their ceiling is a wild card spot. Let him play the rest of the way. If they lose next few games and Jimmy looks like Nathan Peterman in the process, then I’m fine with them making the switch as well.

Lets see how they bounce back. It’s a chance to drop Seattle to 1-3. They look more beatable than they have in recent years. Get that win against a team who has been a problem throughout different qb’s and different coaches over the years.

Ive been watching the Jets, Jaguars and Bears this year and their qb’s have struggled like crazy. I’m sure a large part of it is due to the talent level on their rosters, and some of them will figure it out as the season progresses. The 49ers have much better talent on their roster than those teams so hopefully that makes the inevitable transition more smooth when it happens though.

I know we got jimmy in our roster but look at Murray for AZ as a rookie. Dude came in and was gooood. Whats stopping trey of being good as a rookie too? Im sure shanny aint going to switch it but the what ifs all season going to bug me.

Calamari won the Heisman and did work on a vaunted Alabama defense that churned out multiple NFL draft picks. Trey Lance...did not. Also, Trey coming in for that last second TD run only happened because Aiyuk dropped a TD that Jimmy put on a silver platter for him.

Why so many hot takes about benching Jimmy IMMEDIATELY after a loss in which HE THREW THE GO AHEAD TD???

Calamari won the Heisman and did work on a vaunted Alabama defense that churned out multiple NFL draft picks. Trey Lance...did not. Also, Trey coming in for that last second TD run only happened because Aiyuk dropped a TD that Jimmy put on a silver platter for him.

Why so many hot takes about benching Jimmy IMMEDIATELY after a loss in which HE THREW THE GO AHEAD TD???

Because he played horrible for most of the game?

The Jimmy G apologists are hilarious.
Nobody is apologizing for anything. We're simply stating he's been a solid to good QB. You, on the other hand, are highlighting your own hateful bias on a weekly basis because if it isn't perfection you think he should be benched. This isn't just you, there's a handful of people in here who think just like you and go flying off the handle the second something goes awry.

It’s always hostile in here after an L.

Everybody relax 1 game of a 17 game season. Jimmy will finish the year out. I enjoy as much as anybody seeing Trey Lance come in but, I’m not in practice and the meeting rooms.

Kyle knows best he probably attempting to groom flaws of his. Yes big arm and throwing on the move is effortless for him but, the processing is so important for Kyle’s offense. It’s been stated by others in this thread 49ers go
2-3 or 2-4 record yes the decision will be made other than that Jimmy will lead this team to playoffs and be on a different roster next year.

Jimmy deserves to start. I didn't see anything that warrants him to be benched immediately. He had two great 2nd half drives, which included the game-winning drive in the 4th.

Back
Top Bottom