:::[Official] San Francisco 49ers 2024 Season Thread [1-1 @Rams 9/22 1:25PST]:::

Should UnicornHunter’s faithful card be revoked for his blasphemous Patrick Willis comments?

• Yes permanently

Votes: 31 79.5%
  • Yes temporarily

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • No

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
My thoughts on the game:

-Pass Rush: very disappointed with this unit. They put a little pressure on Rodgers early on, but the rush was nonexistant in the 2nd half. Couple that with the fact that the Packers were on their 3rd string left tackle, this is unacceptable.

-Secondary: We got some bad pass interference calls, but no excuses. This unit is beyond banged up and we can expect more of the same if our pass rush doesnt hit home more often, this unit will continue to struggle. Still bothers me how the cornerback position is so ignored by Lynch and Shanahan. We refuse to draft corners. We dont really sign many. Henderson just got traded for peanuts. Its almost as if they are ok with the results here.

-Running game: I hated the way we called run plays yesterday. Its clear Sermon is not a great fit for our running attack (which made the draft pick and trading up to get him so headscratching). Sermon needs to run behind a power formation. I cant wait for Wilson to be back. Also, we need more from our passing attack to help set up the run. We arent going to be successful if our running game is terrible.

-Kittle: Happy he was more involved in the offense. He had 9 targets, which on the surface seems like a good amount but its not enough.

-Aiyuk: Much better performance for him this week. He was on the field all game long. I still feel like we wont see him develop into a top WR until we have a QB who can utilize his strengths.

-Demeco Ryans: My biggest complaint with him is the lack of blitzing. Our front 4 couldnt get to the QB last night, yet we continued to keep rushing the same way. We need to mix in some blitzes. Make the QB uncomfortable. I also would have liked to see more double teaming of Adams, especially late. But the blitzing was my biggest criticism.

-Clock management: I laugh at the people who think Juice should have gone down instead of going into the endzone. His job is to score. The problem was that Jimmy should never have snapped it with 13 seconds left. We had 3 timeouts. Gotta manage the clock better than that. Im sure part of that has to do with Kyle, but this was unacceptable. Also, why the hell did Wish boot the ball into the endzone after the Juice score? Pop it up to the 5 yard line, squib it, do something! Booting it into the endzone was unacceptable.

-QB: *sighs* I thought Jimmy was horrible yesterday. He was useless the entire first half. His passes (even the completions) were incredibly inaccurate. Receivers constantly needing to adjust to errant throws, jumping to catch the ball, diving, etc. The play that was reviewed that all of us in my section thought Sanu dropped was such a pathetic pass. I give Jimmy credit for hanging in there and leading a TD drive at the end of the game, but thats only good enough for me to bump his grade up to around a D+/C-. Either way, that's not good enough.

-Trey: I'd love to know how he is doing in practice. Because the stadium LIT UP when he came into the game yesterday. The Packers were confused and you could see them scrambling presnap. I believe if the running game continues to struggle, having Lance in there more to do RPOs, would help a lot. I'm on record saying I want him to play after the bye. To me, it doesnt matter if Jimmy is more seasoned, knows the playbook better, etc. if this is the kind of performance we are going to get. The kid needs experience. Hope he is in there sooner than later so his lumps happen sooner than later.

And still did well enough to get us the lead with 37 seconds left, so...
And we lost. He did the same thing last week but the Eagles didn't close like the Packers did. He can have some credit for that drive at the end but he played poorly overall. I dont buy the "he did well enough" pov. If he played good football for more than a drive or 2, we win the game easily.

My thoughts on the game:

-Pass Rush: very disappointed with this unit. They put a little pressure on Rodgers early on, but the rush was nonexistant in the 2nd half. Couple that with the fact that the Packers were on their 3rd string left tackle, this is unacceptable.

-Secondary: We got some bad pass interference calls, but no excuses. This unit is beyond banged up and we can expect more of the same if our pass rush doesnt hit home more often, this unit will continue to struggle. Still bothers me how the cornerback position is so ignored by Lynch and Shanahan. We refuse to draft corners. We dont really sign many. Henderson just got traded for peanuts. Its almost as if they are ok with the results here.

-Running game: I hated the way we called run plays yesterday. Its clear Sermon is not a great fit for our running attack (which made the draft pick and trading up to get him so headscratching). Sermon needs to run behind a power formation. I cant wait for Wilson to be back. Also, we need more from our passing attack to help set up the run. We arent going to be successful if our running game is terrible.

-Kittle: Happy he was more involved in the offense. He had 9 targets, which on the surface seems like a good amount but its not enough.

-Aiyuk: Much better performance for him this week. He was on the field all game long. I still feel like we wont see him develop into a top WR until we have a QB who can utilize his strengths.

-Demeco Ryans: My biggest complaint with him is the lack of blitzing. Our front 4 couldnt get to the QB last night, yet we continued to keep rushing the same way. We need to mix in some blitzes. Make the QB uncomfortable. I also would have liked to see more double teaming of Adams, especially late. But the blitzing was my biggest criticism.

-Clock management: I laugh at the people who think Juice should have gone down instead of going into the endzone. His job is to score. The problem was that Jimmy should never have snapped it with 13 seconds left. We had 3 timeouts. Gotta manage the clock better than that. Im sure part of that has to do with Kyle, but this was unacceptable. Also, why the hell did Wish boot the ball into the endzone after the Juice score? Pop it up to the 5 yard line, squib it, do something! Booting it into the endzone was unacceptable.

-QB: *sighs* I thought Jimmy was horrible yesterday. He was useless the entire first half. His passes (even the completions) were incredibly inaccurate. Receivers constantly needing to adjust to errant throws, jumping to catch the ball, diving, etc. The play that was reviewed that all of us in my section thought Sanu dropped was such a pathetic pass. I give Jimmy credit for hanging in there and leading a TD drive at the end of the game, but thats only good enough for me to bump his grade up to around a D+/C-. Either way, that's not good enough.

-Trey: I'd love to know how he is doing in practice. Because the stadium LIT UP when he came into the game yesterday. The Packers were confused and you could see them scrambling presnap. I believe if the running game continues to struggle, having Lance in there more to do RPOs, would help a lot. I'm on record saying I want him to play after the bye. To me, it doesnt matter if Jimmy is more seasoned, knows the playbook better, etc. if this is the kind of performance we are going to get. The kid needs experience. Hope he is in there sooner than later so his lumps happen sooner than later.
Do you think the Demeco's playcalling is a reason why the pass rush wasn't successful last night?

Jimmy deserves to start. I didn't see anything that warrants him to be benched immediately. He had two great 2nd half drives, which included the game-winning drive in the 4th.
We didn't have a game winning drive, nor would we have needed one with better QB play for 3 quarters.

It’s always hostile in here after an L.

Everybody relax 1 game of a 17 game season. Jimmy will finish the year out. I enjoy as much as anybody seeing Trey Lance come in but, I’m not in practice and the meeting rooms.

Kyle knows best he probably attempting to groom flaws of his. Yes big arm and throwing on the move is effortless for him but, the processing is so important for Kyle’s offense. It’s been stated by others in this thread 49ers go
2-3 or 2-4 record yes the decision will be made other than that Jimmy will lead this team to playoffs and be on a different roster next year.
QFE. Would we really be here today calling for Jimmy to be benched if we won?

(Jimmy did his job) + (Defense didn't) = Bring in Trey. Make it make sense.

Do you think the Demeco's playcalling is a reason why the pass rush wasn't successful last night?
Not sure. I just know that once we all saw the pass rush wasn't doing well, we should have mixed in blitzes to help it.

We are probably going to be 5-1 at the bye and settle for C grade effort from Jimmy. We all just gotta keep our heart rate under control lol

A lot of packers offense was predicated on big 3rd and long PI calls. Hey it’s football goes like that sometimes.

We are wasting our time with Jimmy. This is absolutely his last year as a 9er so why prolong his stint as our starter? There’s a slim chance we have a shot to win a SB with him, so why do we continue on as is? It’s STAGNANT. Let’s take that leap forward, and get Trey some valuable experience. You guys need to give the guy more credit to be able to handle the pressure and learn on the fly.

We are wasting our time with Jimmy. This is absolutely his last year as a 9er so why prolong his stint as our starter? There’s a slim chance we have a shot to win a SB with him, so why do we continue on as is? It’s STAGNANT. Let’s take that leap forward, and get Trey some valuable experience. You guys need to give the guy more credit to be able to handle the pressure and learn on the fly.
The offense was horrible for most of the game. It has no identity whatsoever. A big reason is the QB.

And with better QB play, we wouldn't have needed a stop at the end.

It blows my mind that you guys feel that just because he had a good drive at the end absolved him of his **** play for the rest of the game.
No, it doesn't absolve his mediocre plays. But again, if it isn't perfection you're calling for his head.

Just to be clear, you admit he had a good drive that put us in the driver seat to win. So, had the defense held and we took the W, you (and others) would still be griping about him? You guys are insufferable.

No, it doesn't absolve his mediocre plays. But again, if it isn't perfection you're calling for his head.

Just to be clear, you admit he had a good drive that put us in the driver seat to win. So, had the defense held and we took the W, you (and others) would still be griping about him? You guys are insufferable.

I would still be pushing for Trey to take over. We most likely will not get to the SB with Jimmy behind center. There is no point to continue on with him.

jimmy does not float between solid and good, it’s a lot wider that that. it’s more like horrendous to slightly above solid and it’s a wild ride :lol:

was jimmy a factor that cost us the game? yeah. but there were a lot of other factors too. the team can’t wake up with 1:30 left in the first half every game and expect to win very many. especially against good teams.

at this point i’ve accepted that we’re rolling with jimmy for the foreseeable future. not crazy about it but it is what it is, gotta trust kyle knows what he’s doing. i would like to see Trey get mixed in a little more to slowly build his confidence

I would still be pushing for Trey to take over. We most likely will not get to the SB with Jimmy behind center. There is no point to continue on with him.
But this is a completely irrational hot take week 3 brother. Use some rationale.

49ers can’t make the playoffs now with Jimmy G??? False like unequivocally false.

All you have to do is make playoffs in this league and every team is dangerous. 49ers will be in playoffs stamp this.

But this is a completely irrational hot take week 3 brother. Use some rationale.

49ers can’t make the playoffs now with Jimmy G??? False like unequivocally false.

All you have to do is make playoffs in this league and every team is dangerous. 49ers will be in playoffs stamp this.

I think we can get to the playoffs with him. I don’t think we can win it all with him.

Man not having Sala makes a huge difference…. 9ers need there secondary’s to step up, hell if uncle sherm comes back I hope he can help mold these CBs

To be clear, yes he had a good drive. I'm sorry if I expect more than 1 or 2 good drives from our $27M a year QB.

Insufferable huh? Winning doesn't absolve players of criticism. If you dont think Jimmy played poorly in spite of the drive at the end, I don't know what to play.

If we won the game, would complaints about the running game and secondary be met with the same animosity that you are giving to me about the poor QB pmay.

Back
Top Bottom