:::[Official] San Francisco 49ers 2024 Season Thread [1-1 @Rams 9/22 1:25PST]:::

Should UnicornHunter’s faithful card be revoked for his blasphemous Patrick Willis comments?

• Yes permanently

Votes: 31 79.5%
  • Yes temporarily

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • No

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
okay trey-truthers i gave you the night off, but now it's time.

trey-truthers: jimmy g is a turnover machine. he throws the ball too high for receivers to catch and creates INTs.

reality: trey lance, first drive, second throw, too high for Ross Dwelley to catch, interception budda baker, AZ ball. :emoji_thinking: throw too high? turnover? where have I heard those words before?

trey-truthers: jimmy G has bad footwork

reality: trey lance unfortunately has worse footwork and actually hops and crosses his legs (a big no-no) while dropping back (I can provide video).

this is something important he actually can work on in practice or on the sidelines outside of live game action. go watch joe montana's footwork and then watch trey's. it's ballet vs ice hockey.

trey-truthers: trey finished a half vs Seattle with a 117 QBR, AS HIGH AS RUSSEL WILSON, time to crown the new king.

1633973475234.png

reality: that 117.1 QBR was largely weighted by a busted coverage TD. In his first full game trey lance earned an adjusted QBR 58.4 (since the trey truthers were eager to look to that as a definitive measurement) :emoji_thinking:

1633974310704.png

trey truthers: jimmy Garroppolo didn't score until the last 2 minutes of the half vs GB. he starts too slow, isn't d y n a m i c, and you can't win scoring that late.

1633973593909.png

reality: trey gets the start and actually puts up 0 points in the half. in fact he had neither a passing nor rushing TD all game :emoji_thinking:

1633973656439.png

trey-truthers: jimmy G can't make multiple reads and locks onto his primary receiver

reality: trey staring at his intended receiver from the LOS and scrambling when that receiver is covered. same problem kaep had, play breaks down at all and it turns into a lazer or a scramble.

in fact it was so obvious where Trey thought he's going with the ball he had something like 4 PBUs from defensive tackles.

trey-truthers: trey is going to be dynamic and feast in kyle's playbook, he's ready! he's been studying on his iPad all summer!!!! it doesn't take that long to take in kyle's playbook.

reality: Kyle running the same cover 2 zone beater double slat flat play 4x vs Seattle's Zone 2 and Trey still struggling to read the hook defender and make the correct read to beat the zone 2. clearly he needs a lot more time to understand kyle's offense.
So your defense of Jimmy is critiquing Trey against a far superior defense on the road. But yes, let’s continue our The Last Dance to nowhere with Jimmy, because he would have slipped right past JJ Watt’s pressures and diced AZ’s secondary with the precision and accuracy we’ve all come to know and love.

okay trey-truthers i gave you the night off, but now it's time.

trey-truthers: jimmy g is a turnover machine. he throws the ball too high for receivers to catch and creates INTs.

reality: trey lance, first drive, second throw, too high for Ross Dwelley to catch, interception budda baker, AZ ball. :emoji_thinking: throw too high? turnover? where have I heard those words before?

trey-truthers: jimmy G has bad footwork

reality: trey lance unfortunately has worse footwork and actually hops and crosses his legs (a big no-no) while dropping back (I can provide video).

this is something important he actually can work on in practice or on the sidelines outside of live game action. go watch joe montana's footwork and then watch trey's. it's ballet vs ice hockey.

trey-truthers: trey finished a half vs Seattle with a 117 QBR, AS HIGH AS RUSSEL WILSON, time to crown the new king.

1633973475234.png

reality: that 117.1 QBR was largely weighted by a busted coverage TD. In his first full game trey lance earned an adjusted QBR 58.4 (since the trey truthers were eager to look to that as a definitive measurement) :emoji_thinking:

1633974310704.png

trey truthers: jimmy Garroppolo didn't score until the last 2 minutes of the half vs GB. he starts too slow, isn't d y n a m i c, and you can't win scoring that late.

1633973593909.png

reality: trey gets the start and actually puts up 0 points in the half. in fact he had neither a passing nor rushing TD all game :emoji_thinking:

1633973656439.png

trey-truthers: jimmy G can't make multiple reads and locks onto his primary receiver

reality: trey staring at his intended receiver from the LOS and scrambling when that receiver is covered. same problem kaep had, play breaks down at all and it turns into a lazer or a scramble.

in fact it was so obvious where Trey thought he's going with the ball he had something like 4 PBUs from defensive tackles.

trey-truthers: trey is going to be dynamic and feast in kyle's playbook, he's ready! he's been studying on his iPad all summer!!!! it doesn't take that long to take in kyle's playbook.

reality: Kyle running the same cover 2 zone beater double slat flat play 4x vs Seattle's Zone 2 and Trey still struggling to read the hook defender and make the correct read to beat the zone 2. clearly he needs a lot more time to understand kyle's offense.

You are comparing Jimmy, an 8 year veteran who is on his 4th year in this system, to a rookie QB who has had first team reps for all of 4 days prior to his first start. Sorry bro but this was a really hard read and something I would expect a clueless fan to post. And calling people "Trey-Truthers?" Cmon man. You are better than this.

Trey had some mistakes and things he clearly needs to do better. But I have said that sentence about Jimmy multiple times this season too. My biggest issue with the people who want to criticize Trey is that Jimmy makes rookie mistakes on a regular basis too. Its not like we are comparing Trey to Tom Brady.

you realize none of those points make jimmy sound good right? especially when comparing a guy who
made his first start to a seasoned jimmy.

jimmys ceiling is so low a little person can’t walk in. he’s shown zero progress in the time he’s been on the team and is constantly injured. it’s time to move on. Trey will take some time to develop for sure. we’re at a point where i’d rather get it out of the way now and find out if he’s the guy we all think he can be than have the same stagnant/struggling offense with jimmy

That's what I was thinking. If we are comparing a 8 year NFL vet to a rookie making his first start in two years then that probably tells you everything you need to know about that 8 year vet.

It's really not that difficult to see.

It's called the EYE Test. Eye know the QB that gives us the best chance of winning is Trey Lance.

Had Jimmy faced that Arizona pressure on Sunday, he either would've gotten injured or led the team to a blowout loss.

Eye test, eye test, eye test. And I'm sure Kyle knows this but he has to be PC because Jimmy is being paid a boat load of money and it's imperative to continue giving the impression that Jimmy has some sort of trade value

I’d like to share the same enthusiasm as you guys about Trey, but unless he corrects that windup throwing motion I just can’t. He’ll continue to throw wobblers, be inaccurate, tip DLinemen off, and shorten the time on his throwing window with it.

injuries aside there are a plethora of problems we have. The OLine doesn’t create running lanes. The WRs drop way too many passes, they also don’t win their routes and it adds to why the OLine gets called for holding. Trey is going to get himself hurt by continuing to dive and/or lower his shoulder running. Kyle needs to delegate the play calling. Speaking of play calling, Trey ran 16 times yesterday. Not all of which were designed but if you’re going to call a run play give it to the RBs…And PI continues to be a rampant issue on a weekly basis.

Another injury. SMH

That was my biggest gripe with the game yesterday. The damn play calling. Shanahan was playing Trey like he was expendable. RG3 all over again. :angry:

Kyle Shanahan is an idiot. He overworked Lanve with the run plays his first start and the rookie gets hurt.

Almost as if he did it on purpose to make sure Jimmy gets back on the field.

Maybe Kyle truly wanted Mac Jones but Lynch and ownership wanted Lance, which is why Kyle called the plays he called yesterday 👀

Nevertheless this coach is dazed and confused af.

We can kiss the playoffs goodbye this year.

Hope that knee issue is nothing serious. But ****. This team is cursed with injuries. I was going to say about Trey making corrections like that windup motion. That’ll come with him playing. But if he’s hurt, **** it. Throw Jimmy to the wolves on Sunday night.

But damn, 5 rookie qb’s starting this season, and it would be the 49ers rookie who gets hurt smh.

Bye came at the perfect time. Surprised it was his knee and not shoulder thinking he could truck a LB.

Kyle has been horrible this year, with whay he has said to his decisions and play calling. He acting like he isn’t made to be a head coach. Smh. He has handled trey lance absolutely horrible.

If this season ends in a losing season fire both, kick them out and ban them. All this talent and how they are playing is a joke

Absolute nightmare. We finally get Trey in there, and now we will be forced to go right back to Jimmy. It’s only downhill from here.

Brian Baldinger was the most negative about Kyle Shanahan than I have ever seen before. Thats very telling. Yesterday's gameplan was a JOKE.
Kyle sabotaged Lance, and with Shanny's BS playcalling it put Trey in high risk of injury. Sure enough, Lance is hurt.

There's a method behind the madness

Sabotage Trey, Ride with Jimmy the rest of the way this season, and trade Trey in the offseason for Kirk Cousins and have Jimmy and Kirk Cousins battle for the starting job next year. All part of Kyles master plan.

Sabotage Trey, Ride with Jimmy the rest of the way this season, and trade Trey in the offseason for Kirk Cousins and have Jimmy and Kirk Cousins battle for the starting job next year. All part of Kyles master plan.

Trade kittle too, but it ends in us acquiring Kyle pitts, that was the secret master plan the whole time, it was all about Pitts the entire time

Back
Top Bottom