:::[Official] San Francisco 49ers 2024 Season Thread [1-1 @Rams 9/22 1:25PST]:::

Should UnicornHunter’s faithful card be revoked for his blasphemous Patrick Willis comments?

• Yes permanently

Votes: 31 79.5%
  • Yes temporarily

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • No

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
07321C41-6F2D-40EC-B199-98A6FCE644E9.jpeg

I think it's mutually beneficial. For the niners, they either had to cut him or eat the salary cap hit since there was no one willing to trade for him. If he was cut, we got nothing. For Jimmy, his agent tried to work a trade with no success and I'm sure they had an idea of who was willing to sign him once he was cut. Either the teams looking to sign him weren't enticing to Jimmy, he wasn't guaranteed to start, and/or he wasn't going to get paid all that much. This way the niners retain him at a reasonable cap hit and can still possibly gain something from a trade if an injury occurs and Jimmy gets paid more than he probably would elsewhere and can wait for an opening. If nothing comes out of this, the niners are clean of Jimmy next year and gain a compensatory pick. Jimmy will be healthy and can possibly be the top coveted free agent qb next year.

The one negative is if Trey struggles, which I'm sure he will at times considering he's young, do we have a media circus with people calling for Jimmy to start?

What do we do with all the extra cap space now? Do we sign a veteran free agent? Is it possible to extend someone like Bosa and increase his cap hit for this year and lower his cap hit in years going forward? Do we just roll it over at the end of the year?

Garoppolo's new deal is worth $6.5 million that is fully guaranteed, and includes incentives that can push his money close to $16 million

I was all in on them releasing him if they couldn't find a trade partner but i'm not mad at all at them retaining Jimmy G at this "discount." $6.5 million for a competent back up QB who knows your system and been deep in the playoffs is a deal. feel how you feel about Jimmy ****tin the bed in the NFCCG and SB but he knows how to run this team in the regular season when healthy. looking at previous and current markets, Jameis got $5.5 million last season after being almost entirely unused the year prior while taysom hill was getting paid starter-like money. great insurance plan by Lynch and Co.

hope they can use the renegotiated money to find a decent offensive lineman

Keeping their asset for a longer period. Market conditions can change at which time the team could profit

Otherwise it is GREAT insurance for Trey Lance. Automatically becomes one of the best backup QBs in the league and I’d rather him play than Sudfeld or Purdy. Lance already got hurt in his littlr action last year. I have no doubt our backup will get time

I hope they stick it out with taking lumps with Trey and give him a decent leash, but I'm actually okay with this deal and I'm a big critic of Jimmy.
I hope so too. Let him gain the experience to improve as a QB.
The one negative is if Trey struggles, which I'm sure he will at times considering he's young, do we have a media circus with people calling for Jimmy to start?
You know it will happen the moment Trey begins to struggle with his game. The media will need those clicks and views to garner attention.

I can't complain. We wasn't just about to lose him for nothing.

Jimmy now knows what he is worth. I ain't mad at $6.5 mil, knowing full well Trey Lance is Our Starting Quarterback.

Jimmy just gonna have to wait his turn, if at all, and hold that clipboard on Sundays (knock on hardwood Trey don't get hurt).

But better Jimmy backing up Trey than Sudfeld or Purdy. Neither of the two would be ready. And there sure as hell ain't nothing wrong with having the best backup in pro football.

The way I see it, the only way Jimmy gets his job back is if Trey wets the bed 6 consecutive games and I just don't see that happening. Sorry Jimmy.

But wait.....guess what walked thru that door just now.
20211212_155746.jpg
we takin bids bros :lol:

Last edited:
I’m cool with it. Especially with the way Suddy and Purdy were throwing picks the other night. I know this isn’t the real oline but damn man block somebody, felt like every snap all of them were losing. Only saw the highlights and that was a brutal watch. Texans have one in Pierce, kid was moving out there.

Back
Top Bottom