:::[Official] San Francisco 49ers 2024 Season Thread [1-1 @Rams 9/22 1:25PST]:::

Should UnicornHunter’s faithful card be revoked for his blasphemous Patrick Willis comments?

• Yes permanently

Votes: 31 79.5%
  • Yes temporarily

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • No

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
lol 
roll.gif

Last edited:
This team is not good. And from the looks of it they're not looking to change that. Not 1 of our position groups is above average, IMO.
Couldn't agree more this is why I am hopeful they will make a big move or two in the FA market. 

This team is not good. And from the looks of it they're not looking to change that. Not 1 of our position groups is above average, IMO.
ward, lynch, armstead, and williams all finished near the top of their positions on PFF.

Last edited:
final grades for the season

to nobodies surprise, all of our young talent is on defense. ian williams had a monster year. 
sick.gif
pimp.gif
 much deserved contract.

Last edited:
No talent on the offense now... Boone and Boldin are gone and two of the remaining 5 positively rated players are backup HBs Jarryd Hayne and DuJuan Harris 

ward, lynch, armstead, and williams all finished near the top of their positions on PFF.

But these guys don't belong to a position group as a unit. Yeah, we might have a small number of talented ball players, but what team doesn't?

Is our oline strong? Dline? Secondary? QB group? WR group...

This is what I'm getting at.

Watch us end up looking like the same ole Niners from 2015. The same unit that couldn't sack Eli in over 50 pass attempts. The same WR's that create NO separation vs the Seattle secondary.

I don't see how anyone in here is optimistic so far...

Last edited:
But these guys don't belong to a position group as a unit. Yeah, we might have a small number of talented ball players, but what team doesn't?

Watch us end up looking like the same ole Niners from 2015. The same unit that couldn't sack Eli in over 50 pass attempts. The same WR's that create NO separation vs the Seattle secondary.

this

We're rebuilding and were in the very beginning of that process. It's going to take a long time. Group strengths will become more clear as we add more pieces. For example, Imagine you add a deforest Buckner or Vernon butler to that line with lynch, Williams and armstead. Now the DL looks stout as ****. Whew, that's a nasty group. :pimp:

Last edited:
Thread got lit real fast lol

Im not panicking. In this division i dont expect us to be in the playoffs next year. Get a QB, see what players on the team continue to improve and really form your core this season with a new scheme. Then year 2 of Kelly we will have money, a QB, and more draft picks while knowing more of what we have. Hard to form an opinion on much with the offense we ran last year. Our defense wasnt bad. Just young and on the field a lot.

I already know the response coming. Chip's scheme will exploit holes in zone coverages. So your typical talent isn't needed on the perimeter. I don't want the front office to sacrifice our chances at getting great football players because we can grab a "system guy" later on.

I'm hopeful we draft guys that can flat out with their 1 on 1 matchups. No guarantee Chip is here to develop those "system guys".

End. Of. Rant.

Landing the franchise QB is a game changer. Let's wait and see what we get in return for Kap. Could become chips used to land Goff or Wentz later on.

Last edited:
Thread got lit real fast lol

Im not panicking. In this division i dont expect us to be in the playoffs next year. Get a QB, see what players on the team continue to improve and really form your core this season with a new scheme. Then year 2 of Kelly we will have money, a QB, and more draft picks while knowing more of what we have. Hard to form an opinion on much with the offense we ran last year. Our defense wasnt bad. Just young and on the field a lot.

Well said.

We're rebuilding and were in the very beginning of that process. It's going to take a long time. Group strengths will become more clear as we add more pieces. For example, Imagine you add a deforest Buckner or Vernon butler to that line with lynch, Williams and armstead. Now the DL looks stout as ****. Whew, that's a nasty group. :pimp:

Now I can get down with this. But in order for this to happen we miss out on a 1st round talent at QB. So are we THAT hopeful that a Dak, or a Connor Cook can really pan out?

We have to address some of these needs in FA. Players I'd love to target (still available):

Sean Smith
Jaye Howard (I guess he signed without my knowledge)
Arian Foster
Prince Amukamara

We're running out of options. Our receiving core looks terrible on paper. Hopefully Smelter pans out to add some size/speed.

Landing the franchise QB is a game changer. Let's wait and see what we get in return for Kap. Could become chips used to land Goff or Wentz later on.

I'm trying so hard to be optimistic/positive like you, but it just ain't working out. Looks like Chip might have to win us ball games with scheme, rather than punching you in the mouth.

What makes you think a team is definitely trading for Kaep? Broncos might go the RGIII route. Heard last night he was on a plane headed for Denver. We ain't paying Fitz 15-17 per. So unless the Jets or Browns come calling, Kaep might be on the opening day roster.

Getting something for Kap is just a luxury. Otherwise either cut his *** or see how he plays out this year. Hes not an obstacle.

Man last few pages were [emoji]128293[/emoji]. It's funny people want us to sign a big FA to make a "splash". For what? The good of looking good to the general public?

I'm with the notion that rosters are built through the draft. Like red said all these big name free agents were once draft picks developed into great players. It's a known fact statistically that you do not win the season with free agency. Look at how many free agents actually panned out last year?! And that's across the board offense, defense and ST.

I personally think our defense has tons of talent to a point we don't need to over pay Sean smith. If he came at a non **** down corner price tag I'd be down. The only player I really wanted was Alex Mack. The center play is underrated. I mean look at Seattle when they traded their beast of a center for a TE that did nothing for them. He was a game changer that could get "separation" and dominate at his position. Turns out Wilson the guy they already had was a much better fit. A "scheme" guy.

If getting a FA player or two would make us a playoff/Super Bowl contending team then maybe I'd be more adamant on some big need signings. But the truth is we're rebuilding. And we need to draft and build accordingly. Boldin lost a lot this season in terms of domination. And he doesn't fit into what Chip does. We already know Boones deal. He wanted more than he was worth. I rather see what the young guys got. One thing the Harbaugh regime didn't do much of was give the young guys a chance. To be fair we had stud vets.

Anyways end of rant. Patient is a virtue guys. The elite teams stay elite for a reason.

Wow these last couple of pages LOL.
We can't buy a SB through free agency guys!

Gayders have had the nicest signings so far IMO. They already drafted their core pieces and are supplementing the team through FA. Fnck the nation though

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom