:::[Official] San Francisco 49ers 2024 Season Thread [2-2 vs Cardinals 10/07 1:05PST]:::

Should UnicornHunter’s faithful card be revoked for his blasphemous Patrick Willis comments?

• Yes permanently

Votes: 31 79.5%
  • Yes temporarily

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • No

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
@49ersaaron8  DONT SLEEP ON COOPER RUSH BRO 
laugh.gif
nerd.gif

zane gonzelaz is the best player on that entire page. 
nerd.gif

chris goodwin=good player

i need to sit down and watch garrett sickels more. the times i've seen him he seems like just a guy.

i saw jerome at the senior bowl. he's a smaller dude with average athleticism, but he's a physical dude that plays with really good instincts. he's okay.

Kaepernick, Jay Cutler, and Adrian Peterson still out there.

Marshawn lynch considering a return,
Only would play for Raiders

Crazy world we living in

Runs low to the ground just like gore, too. Explodes out the pile like a ****** missile. Shades of my favorite 21.

can someone do me a favor and dig up some gifs of the niners power run plays...i miss those plays like the deserts miss the rain

that gif makes me sad, bros :frown: :smh:  i miss that guy

frank-gore-64-yard-td-vs-colts-o.gif

Fav 49er ever... I love that dude, man.

This gif for some reason reminded me of that run against Seattle in 2013. He got ran down :lol: but not before he got em in fg range :pimp:

that gif makes me sad, bros :frown: :smh:  i miss that guy

frank-gore-64-yard-td-vs-colts-o.gif

Fav 49er ever... I love that dude, man.

This gif for some reason reminded me of that run against Seattle in 2013. He got ran down :lol: but not before he got em in fg range :pimp:

trip, on an unrelated note, bruh we gonna need you to post in this thread more often on the strength of that avy...

:evil:

:lol: I been off NT as a whole for a bit, I'll be back posting more tho... One of like 3-4 threads I check/post in on here :pimp:

Mock draft experts expect 49ers to take Stanford star at No. 2

A surprise candidate has emerged as the trendy prediction on what the 49ers will do with the No. 2 overall pick in the 2017 NFL Draft.

Stanford defensive end Solomon Thomas is expected to be selected by the 49ers by nine of 17 major mock drafts.

Many of the experts pointed to new 49ers general manager John Lynch’s defensive focus and connection with Stanford, his alma mater. That said, Lynch does not plan to attend Stanford’s pro day  Thursday and still has the 49ers’ last two first-round picks, both defensive lineman, around.

Thomas had 8.5 sacks and 14 tackles for loss last season, including a sack in the Sun Bowl.

Here’s a look at what the experts said, and who picked other players;

Todd McShay of ESPN picked Thomas:  “With a good combination of quickness and power, Thomas would be a good fit for the defense Robert Saleh hopes to build out West.”

Daniel Jeremiah of NFL.com picked  Thomas“Thomas has the versatility to play up and down the line of scrimmage, and he seems like a perfect match for what John Lynch is trying to build.”

Bucky Brooks of NFL.com picked Thomas“The 49ers don’t need another big body in the middle, but Thomas is the top player on the board and gives them another disruptive defender to anchor an emerging defense.”

Walter Cherepinsky of WalterFootball.com picked Thomas“From a needs standpoint, Solomon Thomas makes much more sense for the 49ers anyway. They need an edge rusher in the worst way possible, and Thomas fits their new 4-3 defense perfectly.”

Luke Easterling of USA Today picked Thomas:  “Don’t be surprised if the 49ers pass on the top quarterbacks for a powerful edge defender who helps their scheme transition.”

Dane Brugler of CBS Sports picked Thomas“Yes, there is the Stanford connection with general manager John Lynch, but more importantly, Thomas is an excellent football player who adds immediate pass rush help on the defensive line.”

Pete Prisco of CBS Sports picked Thomas“There are a lot of scouts who think this will happen, even though the 49ers need a quarterback. Thomas can be special.”

Rob Rang of CBS Sports picked Thomas“Sandwiched between massive defensive ends DeForest Buckner and Arik Armstead and new defensive tackle Earl Mitchell, he could give the 49ers the dominant defensive line to compete in the NFC West, with the need at quarterback more likely to be addressed with a veteran.”

Jared Dubin of CBS Sports picked Thomas:  “Between the Stanford connection, Thomas’ athletic testing at the combine, and all the noise around Thomas heading to San Francisco, this seems like where the No. 2 pick is heading.”

its setting up to be an epic showdown between solomon thomas and malik hooker on april 27. 
nerd.gif

nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

i'd be happy with either, but i'd still prefer the trade down 
grin.gif

Thomas or Hooker. That's an extremely tough call, supposing we don't trade down.

I prefer Hooker, however. Dude has tremendous range, makes big play after big play, and reminds me so much of a bigger Ed Reed. 

If we get Hooker at #2, I'd like to see us also get Florida LB Jarrad Davis if he's available in the second round. His tenacity and nose for the ball reminds me a lot of Ray Lewis.

Imagine getting two potential defensive stars with the upside of an Ed Reed and Ray Lewis. 

Last edited:
Either way, we have major options. I think all of the players below will become All-Pros. Hopefully, we pick the right impact player. If we can make a trade and somehow nab two of them (as impossible as it sounds), even better.

Solomon Thomas

Malik Hooker

Jamal Adams

Corey Davis

Myles Garrett (if CLE goes QB)

Reuben Foster

Your average niner fan is going to be pissed we picked a DE for the third time in the first.

This dude i work with to a tee lol. We were just talking about it last night.

Just really sucks weve been in this unstable phase and now were transitioning to a completely different defense that almost renders those picks useless. Not totally but obviously wouldve been looking at different players at those spots.

As much as i want Fangio to come next year, it would really suck to draft this year to our current scheme and switch back next year.

I do think they could still end up fitting just because theyre good players. But its just not a natural fit. Defo is probably my favorite player on the team right now after Staley lmao

Maybe I'm being a delusional homer but I think if Arik Armstead can stay healthy he has an opportunity to make a huge impact in any defense. Adding more talent to the D-line and edge rushers will turn this thing around much quicker than we all thought.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom