:::[Official] San Francisco 49ers 2024 Season Thread [2-2 vs Cardinals 10/07 1:05PST]:::

Should UnicornHunter’s faithful card be revoked for his blasphemous Patrick Willis comments?

• Yes permanently

Votes: 31 79.5%
  • Yes temporarily

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • No

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
ATL fans will be using that Wolverine photo frame meme by season's end.

I sure hope so, because after the Harbaugh-Tomfoola-Dip Kelly era of debacles it isn't like we can just fire K Shanahan if things go poorly again, Shanhan and the 9ers are basically floating in the ocean handcuffed to one another at this point, this partnership is going to have to last for years, something we haven't been able to do with a HC in a long time.

^ heatseeker23 heatseeker23 that is seemingly and hopefully implied w/ Jed giving Kyle and Lynch unprecedented 6 year contracts for 1st year Head Coach and GM roles.

Jed knows this isn't a sustainable habit of firing and hiring a new head coach every single year and that it's a bad look on them by the rest of the league.

Kyle and Lynch basically have a good 2-3 year mulligan window of being allowed to be "spectacularly bad as long as there's a plan and visible progress being displayed" as we know this current team is a long work in progress (Brick by Brick) and that it's gonna take time to turn this ship around.

Fortunately though, we've been blessed (although this is just all on paper so far) that Lynch and Shanny aren't wasting any time trying to make this team contenders again.

Anquan Boldin visiting the Buffalo Bills, we're way past that point now, but not signing him to a year contract last season was dumb as ****,Q caught 8 TD's last season at his age, our highest TD catcher? Vance McDonald with 4 :confused:

We have a younger Q. His name is Pierre Garcon.

Besides, the offense should look different with Kyle and guys like Juice, Goodwin, Kittle, Taylor, etc.

Last edited:
The team is full of burners now.

"Flash"

goodwin-smokes-cromartie.gif

Keep an eye on UDFA Matt Breida going into preseason. Dude graded out in the 94th percentile of NFL athletes at the running back position

giphy.gif

DangerousDelectableBufeo-size_restricted.gif

THE JUICE IS LOOSE

ImmenseDamagedAtlanticbluetang.gif

Dont sleep on the kid

c1fd1e_acb52e5d88014517add5ded54f9aef0f~mv2.gif

TE1

cbcc2bd0-818f-11e5-a3ee-19ea470c655b_iowa-catch.gif

Did I mention the offense is much faster? o_O

BrokenPaltryDarklingbeetle.gif

Last edited:
I feel you Red but my point about how dumb it was not taking Q for a year last season still stands. We clearly didn't have jack **** to replace him with and numbers show it.

Last season Q caught 8 TDs, last season our entire eligible receiving corps including RBs totaled just 21 receiving TDs, and a lot of those came after the game had already been lost from a mathematical standpoint, AKA "garbage time".

We probably had 14 or less receiving TDs in games where the score was still competitive, and that's being generous. Statistically its less than one TD per match during time when the game was still even remotely winnable. No surprise we only won 2, we were probably lucky to even come out with those.

Not saying we should sign him now, hopefully our new guys will produce, but if we had resigned Q last year we might have won another game or 2. And sure, that would have messed with this season's draft picks but Heatseeker23 is always in it to see us win it, not to put up a ******** season and tank for picks.

Last edited:
Larry Krueger says his team source tells him Bowman might be done, and Gregg Rosenthal heard Carlos Hyde could be a "surprise" cut.

Buckle up, fam.

******* sucks but doesn't surprise me I heard they were trying to shop Bowman on the DL this summer, especially sucks after we just hit him with a hefty extendo. Thanks again Trent Baalke.

CarLos less of a surprise he's a straight forward inside & downhill back and everyone knows Shanahan favors outside zone. Then you figure in Carlos injuries, he's never really had full healthy season.

As if being a 9er fan hasn't been wild enough lately... loOKs like the roller coaster just gonna continue

Larry Krueger says his team source tells him Bowman might be done, and Gregg Rosenthal heard Carlos Hyde could be a "surprise" cut.

Buckle up, fam.

Done with the Niners or done playing football? That sucks either way.

Wonder why Hyde would be considered on getting cut? Not grasping the offense or fit the new offense?

Rumors that Bowman isn't moving well in pass coverage.

As for Hyde, no idea. I think he should be fine in Kyle's scheme. This could be a situation where the new regime wants their own guy. Who knows.

Done with the Niners or done playing football? That sucks either way.

Wonder why Hyde would be considered on getting cut? Not grasping the offense or fit the new offense?

Bowman could be done with the 9ers or done playing football. Trent Baalke extended him through 2020 in 2016 so its a considerable amount of money we'll lose :frown:and if we cut him another team could, of course sign him.

The problem as Red said is in pass coverage. According to reports Bowman is moving decently well but is slow in coverage and has been burned by the likes of Garrett Celek. That's super bad news. In the new 4-3 scheme Bowman (or whoever plays his position) is going to be asked to drop into zone coverage and cover both TEs and slot receivers.

John Lynch said (and this is me summarizing) "When I think of Navarro Bowman I think he is a LB who is great at blitzing the QB in a 3-4 defense. Now we're moving to a 4-3 defense where we're going to ask LBs in that position to drop into zone coverage a lot more often".

As far as Carlos Hyde goes like I said above he's an inside zone or power RB and Shanahan is moving us from inside zone/power which Harbaugh, Tomsula, and Kelly used a lot to outside zone runs which Carlos Hyde and most of our OL know jack **** about. That's why they brought in Zuttah because the center is very important in calling out assignments for the outside zone scheme, although theoretically Kilgore could still beat him out for the position.

If Joe Williams, a one cut back who uses speed to press the edge, looks better than El Guapo then El Guapo might be dropping down the depth chart or leaving the team. Also there's Tim Hightower who has experience with Shanahan in WSH.

Additionally like I said Carlos has been sort of injury plagued and has never had a full healthy season so there's probably concerns there too.

As far as Carlos Hyde goes like I said above he's an inside zone or power RB and Shanahan is moving us from inside zone/power which Harbaugh, Tomsula, and Kelly used a lot to outside zone runs which Carlos Hyde and most of our OL know jack **** about. That's why they brought in Zuttah because the center is very important in calling out assignments for the outside zone scheme, although theoretically Kilgore could still beat him out for the position.

You're my boy heat, but this is incorrect. I don't believe Carlos in is jeopardy because of the scheme.

First, the main difference between inside and outside zone for the running back is the time for the lane to develop. The actual reads the RBs make are pretty much identical, and 'Los has been making zone running reads since he was at Ohio St. with Urban Meyer. Whether it's an inside zone or an outside zone, the reads for the RB are similar in both types of runs: bang, bounce, or bend.

OZ

CLml5oSVEAABtNQ.png

IZ

f6d5143ebb7e44eeeefacd194e2d2b9e_crop_exact.jpg

Second, Carlos Hyde has shown he can play in an outside zone scheme. Harbaugh dialed up plenty outside zones plays:

Outside zone from under center with a fullback lead--exactly how Kyle will run it.

2017-03-21_21-59-36hyde1_zpsxkl7k1ya.gif

In 2015, Tomsula switched the running scheme to predominantly outside zone, and brought in Chris Foerster, who is one of the best OZ coaches in the league. Carlos was having plenty success until he got hurt.

Outside zone from the pistol

Carlos-Hyde-10-yard-touchdown-run-vs-Vikings.gif

This HL video features outside zone runs almost exclusively:

So the excuse about the scheme is baseless. It'll be for another reason if Hyde gets cut, which wouldn't surprise me. Kyle likely prefers his guys, and Carlos can't stay healthy and is in a contract year. The Shanahans don't pay for RBs, so he's all but guaranteed to be in another uniform next season.

Last edited:
Hmm guess I didn't remember how much OZ they ran with Tomsula, but with Chip Kelly it was almost exclusively inside zones from the pistol or zone reads from the shotgun

and what a "highlight tape", lol, there's only 3 different games in that whole 6 minute video clip

0:00 --> 3:30 vs MIN Vikings

3:30 --> 5:30 vs NY Giants

5:30 --> 5:53 vs SEA Seahawks

That's because Carlos got hurt in the second game of that season. This and the foot.

1439090080816803362.gif

Last edited:
That's because Carlos got hurt in the second game of that season. This and the foot.

I mean, yeah, but just seems kind of comical and like a bit of a stretch to call 3 games a 2015 highlight tape. I guess that's all the highlights he had but that highlight tape is really just one dominant game vs Minnesota, a couple good plays vs NY, and a run or two on Seattle.

I sure hope so, because after the Harbaugh-Tomfoola-Dip Kelly era of debacles it isn't like we can just fire K Shanahan if things go poorly again, Shanhan and the 9ers are basically floating in the ocean handcuffed to one another at this point, this partnership is going to have to last for years, something we haven't been able to do with a HC in a long time.

this is about a 4 year thing, if they cant turn it around by then they are gone

I mean, yeah, but just seems kind of comical and like a bit of a stretch to call 3 games a 2015 highlight tape. I guess that's all the highlights he had but that highlight tape is really just one dominant game vs Minnesota, a couple good plays vs NY, and a run or two on Seattle.

Look up Laquon Treadwell's Vikings Rookie season "highlight tape" and maybe you won't be busting Los' balls as much lol

first rumors of bow being moved and now el guapo potentially on the chopping block?? say it aint so niner brethren. somebody hold me

that stiff arm on barry church though YIIIKES put that man in a grave, word to Undertaker :sick:

Winter is here, and I'm not talking about dungeons and dragons.

Camp officially begins today. :pimp:

Back
Top Bottom