:::[Official] San Francisco 49ers 2024 Season Thread [2-2 vs Cardinals 10/07 1:05PST]:::

Should UnicornHunter’s faithful card be revoked for his blasphemous Patrick Willis comments?

• Yes permanently

Votes: 31 79.5%
  • Yes temporarily

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • No

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
So "glad" it's only a high ankle sprain, you can tell the squad loves having him as a teammate

something about seeing an injured rookie on the sidelines trying to motivate his teammates...future is gonna be bright my Gs

November is a long time to be out our most promising young defender. If that's his actual return time we'll be out Foster for exactly half of the games that I identified as "winnable" from our schedule. Of course that makes us winning those games seem less likely than it already did.

Deforest Buckner and especially Soloman Thomas may as well have not played, and that really hurts considering they're our last 2 first round picks.

Solomon Thomas had 2 ******* RB tackles and that's it. At least Defo had 6 tackles but still, not exactly a great showing, especially since 0 of those were TFLs.

Panthers got a ton out of their first round pick, McCaffrey, more than we get from Buckner, Thomas, Foster, and J Garnett, which is our sum of 1st round picks over the last 2 years.

Besides that the defense played okay, at least we didn't give up 100 yards rushing to a single player, although between Stewart and McCaffrey they rushed for over 100+ yards on us, so that sucks. Tartt ****** up twice but came up big once, breaks about even in my book. Defense nearly kept us in the game, stupid decisions on offense kept us out.

What really ****** us was questionable decisions by Kyle Shanahan and Brian Hoyer. 2 failed 4th down conversions in the 1st half, an INT, a fumble, between the two of them they turned the ball over 4 ******* times. Idk WHAT Kyle was smoking on that 4th & 1 failed FB dive attempt.

We gave away like 20 pts on turnovers and they only scored 23. Could have been a close game if we hadn't given it to them around the 45 yard line over and over. We could have been at least in competition the whole game instead of completely blowing it by the halftime. Kyle Shanahan's 1st half playcalling was way too aggressive, like what is this guy smoking?

And Cam was either still hurting or still rusty and played pretty poorly (14/25, 2 TD, 1 INT, 87.3 QB rating) so we almost for a freebie on that and couldn't even capitalize on that, sad.

Like everyone else here I'm just disappointed. I know we're a bad team in a rebuild, but I expected more than what we showed yesterday.

Deforest Buckner and especially Soloman Thomas may as well have not played

Yeah, I stopped reading there.

DJdSWpMXcAEmF5W.jpg

Hahah I was bout to say "what is heatseeker smoking?" Buckner looked man possessed out there at times.

Bro you can't just look at a stat sheet and say dudes were trash out there. Very misleading.

Happy and sad watching those clips Red posted of Foster going ham on McCaffrey because it also shows Bowman looking like someone encased his feet in concrete. Terrible what injuries did to Bow. ☹️

Happy and sad watching those clips Red posted of Foster going ham on McCaffrey because it also shows Bowman looking like someone encased his feet in concrete. Terrible what injuries did to Bow. ☹️

It's sad, man. Bow is a shell of his former self. He's still a solid NFL LB, but he's no longer the all-world player we all remember.

btw was eric reid around the LOS as we expected him to play ?

didnt seem to have much impact

November is a long time to be out our most promising young defender. If that's his actual return time we'll be out Foster for exactly half of the games that I identified as "winnable" from our schedule. Of course that makes us winning those games seem less likely than it already did.

Deforest Buckner and especially Soloman Thomas may as well have not played, and that really hurts considering they're our last 2 first round picks.

Solomon Thomas had 2 ****ing RB tackles and that's it. At least Defo had 6 tackles but still, not exactly a great showing, especially since 0 of those were TFLs.

Panthers got a ton out of their first round pick, McCaffrey, more than we get from Buckner, Thomas, Foster, and J Garnett, which is our sum of 1st round picks over the last 2 years.

Besides that the defense played okay, at least we didn't give up 100 yards rushing to a single player, although between Stewart and McCaffrey they rushed for over 100+ yards on us, so that sucks. Tartt ****ed up twice but came up big once, breaks about even in my book. Defense nearly kept us in the game, stupid decisions on offense kept us out.

What really ****ed us was questionable decisions by Kyle Shanahan and Brian Hoyer. 2 failed 4th down conversions in the 1st half, an INT, a fumble, between the two of them they turned the ball over 4 ****ing times. Idk WHAT Kyle was smoking on that 4th & 1 failed FB dive attempt.

We gave away like 20 pts on turnovers and they only scored 23. Could have been a close game if we hadn't given it to them around the 45 yard line over and over. We could have been at least in competition the whole game instead of completely blowing it by the halftime. Kyle Shanahan's 1st half playcalling was way too aggressive, like what is this guy smoking?

And Cam was either still hurting or still rusty and played pretty poorly (14/25, 2 TD, 1 INT, 87.3 QB rating) so we almost for a freebie on that and couldn't even capitalize on that, sad.

Like everyone else here I'm just disappointed. I know we're a bad team in a rebuild, but I expected more than what we showed yesterday.

gotta relax a bit bruh. it's week 1 of a roster and coaching staff that's received a complete overhaul from a season ago. so many young bucks starting on defense, expected some lapses in that secondary, and it happened. it looked like the moment was too big for tartt at times with him being out of position on multiple plays but i cant say i'm too surprised. overall, the defense looked pretty good against what could end up being a prolific carolina offense once cam and cmc get rollin. they made kelvin benjamin a non factor. if anything, terrible field position and the offense lost the game for this team. lookin forward to getting jimmie ward back.

Looks like they're looking into fixing the shade side of the visiting side

If they want fans to stay at their seats, they need to fix this asap

Crowd is a non factor all game because 75% of the seats are empty :smh:

^they do that, I think it'll be effective. Like wtf were they thinking when they built the dam place.

Week one was some of the things I expected. Essentially a turned over roster aside from 16 guys. New coaches etc. it showed with a lot of the penalties and game management.

I think there was a lot of positive though. With the defense especially. Last year the flashes we showed weren't like this. Team needs time to gel and adjust. Defense was great imo. Bummer with Bowman...he was such a prolific player. When he was healthy he was dominant and probably the best LB in the league. Those were two big injuries and they show. Always a step too late now. He's doing the right things just not at the speed and aggressiveness he did whence was healthy.

I think week 6-8 will be more telling than what we see now. We got an issue though with this oline

Looks like they're looking into fixing the shade side of the visiting side

If they want fans to stay at their seats, they need to fix this asap

Crowd is a non factor all game because 75% of the seats are empty :smh:
Although I've never been Levi's does not look like the gem that other new/recently built stadiums are. The cowboys,Vikings and Falcons stadiums are damn near amusement parks. My perception of Levi's is not that.

Yea I've been reading a lot on twitter from reporters that the organization is looking into improving fan experience and stuff like that

Hopefully this can be fix by next season

They built the visiting side in the sun to give them a disadvantage but on the flip side, fans aren't staying in their seats so it cancels out :lol:

Man it sucks being in the visitors side. Chilling for 3 hours in 85+ santa clara weather. Why the hell did they think it was a good idea. I doubt they spend the money to do what miami did.

Defo is an animal. Turning into a monster in the run D. Carolina has one of the best interior OL in the NFL.

giphy.gif

Defo takes on the pile. Solly beats and sheds 75 and takes on the puller.

giphy.gif

Back
Top Bottom