:::[Official] San Francisco 49ers 2024 Season Thread [2-2 vs Cardinals 10/07 1:05PST]:::

Should UnicornHunter’s faithful card be revoked for his blasphemous Patrick Willis comments?

• Yes permanently

Votes: 31 79.5%
  • Yes temporarily

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • No

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I’m reading that CJ and Nick flipped a coin for who played tonight

So they probably knew they were both making the roster

I don’t like it tho. I’d be quick to flip CJ for a pick and use the roster spot on someone else...

Mullens performed admirably today. The only advantage I see CJ having is being more well-versed with the offense...maybe. Mullens timing was impeccable today though so that may not be the case anymore.

I never in a million years thought Nick Mullens would be this good. Boy, was I wrong. At least in this offense, Nick Mullens is a good QB.

If anything I think nick knows the offense better than cj.

I think Kyle just have a boner for cj and don’t wanna admit he was wrong just like with joe Williams.

How y’all gonna feel if/ when Wilson Jr or Richie James gets cut to keep CJ on board?

I never in a million years thought Nick Mullens would be this good. Boy, was I wrong. At least in this offense, Nick Mullens is a good QB.
Same here, I thought it would be another Shaun Hill situation, all heart, not too much natural talent.

No biggie about Jeff Wilson. He's a solid RB, but even Mostert has looked good. This system pumps out RBs. It would be nice if we could get Wilson back on the practice squad.

Can't cut Richie James. It would be dumb.

I feel like a Dlineman or a WR we want more is gonna get cut for cj

Maybe Kyle bluffing to up the trade value on either of them?!!! idk

But me no likey keeping all 3

I'm sure CJ is available at the right price. Hell, Mullens is too, but I personally wouldn't move him unless we're talking an early day-two pick. And even then having a good backup QB can be the difference between saving a season and disaster. If the team is competitive this season and Jimmy happens to miss a few games, I feel good about Nick keeping the team on track.

I'm not advocating for this, but here's a sleeper cut: Marquise Goodwin. While Richie James isn't in the same universe as Goodwin in terms of speed(nobody is except Tyreek Hill), I think he could fill Goodwin's role. Quise is an amazing guy, but he's had a **** ton of injuries and is going to be 30 next year. Just something to keep an eye on.

God damn, all the 49er RBs look good. It’s a different one every game now. McKinnon legit might not make the team.

49ers will have to make some interesting cuts at the WR position. I like KBs footwork and body control, but Richie James looks real solid too.

49ers keeping CJ for now because why would they let him go for nothing? Hold on to 3 QBs and see if a team is desperate enough to trade for one.

McKinnon will make the roster.

Goodwin getting cut would be a major surprise but like Red81 said his injury history makes it a possibility.

Defense allowed some big plays when Mahomes was in. But mahomes and that offense are best offense in football so not worried bout it.

But I think when the new defensive additions come in (Ford, Bosa, Verrett) this defense could be elite. It’s tough with the rules being curbed for Offense but If this defense can do a better job wrapping up and tackling 49ers defense may be great again. Harbaugh era great.

What did y’all think of ward on the field yesterday?

I say keep him as starter and eventually when he gets hurt Moore should have enough seasoning to take over.

Geez what a 180 Colbert has done to himself :smh:

What did y’all think of ward on the field yesterday?

I say keep him as starter and eventually when he gets hurt Moore should have enough seasoning to take over.

Geez what a 180 Colbert has done to himself :smh:
Ward was balling yesterday. So was Kwon. Solly was disruptive as well.

Dam the 9ers got some dam players . Just finished watching the game. Richie James can’t be cut. That would be foolish. His return game to good as well.

Back
Top Bottom