:::[Official] San Francisco 49ers 2024 Season Thread [2-2 vs Cardinals 10/07 1:05PST]:::

Should UnicornHunter’s faithful card be revoked for his blasphemous Patrick Willis comments?

• Yes permanently

Votes: 31 79.5%
  • Yes temporarily

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • No

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Lol. I would like the see the yac that accounts for his yardage
Faxx

He'll normally throw for 250, but 180 of em are yac.

He escaped today, all our pass catchers including Jennings made him look good against imo a garbage Bengal secondary who Herbert torched for 41 points last week in Cincy.

dog hes one of the best statistically under pressure :lol:

Lol, nah man I don't believe it.

Eye test proves my personal perception of it all.

Jimmy gotta prove to me he on Montana and Young's level as a winning QB who makes winning plays MOST of the time, and as a 49er fan who's been spoiled bt watching 5 Super Bowl runs the ONLY way to do it imo is to lead this team to a Super Bowl victory.

I'm always gonna have high expectations for my 49er QB's.

Lol, nah man I don't believe it.

Eye test proves my personal perception of it all

really dude… :lol:

i think you are moreso saying you want someone who can get outside of the pocket and extend plays? Idk but yeah, i hate when he gets sacked as much as anyone but id rather him eat that when the pocket literally collapses into him rather than him trying to force something before he gets hit tbh

**** I forgot to post this when Deebo scored. Better late than never.

1639358938159.gif
I was watching this loop for a minute waiting for him to eventually catch up to the camel

really dude… :lol:

i think you are moreso saying you want someone who can get outside of the pocket and extend plays? Idk but yeah, i hate when he gets sacked as much as anyone but id rather him eat that when the pocket literally collapses into him rather than him trying to force something before he gets hit tbh
Yeah I need Jimmy making smarter plays the majority of the time.

Montana never had the strongest arm like Elway or Marino. Joe and Steve never really put up huge yardage numbers but what made them great was they didn't make bonehead mistakes like Jimmy almost always does.

Jimmy's inconsistency is what makes it difficult to watch. We're 7-6 when we should be 10-3, 9-4. Not saying it's all on his shoulders but he can definitely play a lot better; a playoff team's ultimate success, a lot of it imo is going to rest on the QB's shoulders

And to top it all off Jimmy can't run so he even more of a liability when he's not on his A-game. He too much of a roller coaster ride

But I digress, great WIN for the team. Much needed. Time to focus on getting another dub next week.

Last edited:
Jimmy ranges from sub-par to above average. The issue is you can get those and everything inbetween in any given week instead of him being consistently solid.

Last edited:
Word thats fair. But i gotta warn you, Jimmy and 98% of quarterbacks in the entire history of football are going to disappoint you with those Montana and Young expectations :lol:

That's what happens when one witnesses the brilliance of great 49er QBs and 5 SBs. You expect the tradition to continue and you expect the ownership and mgmt to put the right QB in place to lead your team to the mountain top once again

This QB class is wild

Lawrence fields and Wilson not looking so good

Mac Jones probably going to afc championship

I really hope trey had the goods
Well if you remember, Mac Jones wasn't doing so well in the beginning of the season. But Belichick simplified the offense for him and I think Mac just adapted well to the role. Trey hasn't been in the field long enough to make any strides towards progression.

Lawrence and Wilson are stinking it up.

I’m a Steve Young guy but if you have love for him but disdain for Jimmy then you have a skewed perception of reality. We remember him for his record breaking super bowl performance against a hapless Chargers team, but prior to that (and even after that) his playoff performances were frustrating for the Faithful.

With what we know we already have on offense, let's list the attributes....

1. Solid O-Line that has a core (Trent, Mack) and will only get better.
2. Weapons and playmakers all over the field
3. A pro bowl fullback
4. Kyle Shanahan .....

I'm salivating at the prospects of adding the ultra dynamic Trey Lance to the offense. Lanve needs reps so he can make mistakes and learn from them. The sooner the better so that the sooner this team can realize it's full potential.

The only thing Jimmy will do is hold this offense back imo. We not firing at optimal levels with Garoppolo.

Yeah I need Jimmy making smarter plays the majority of the time.

Montana never had the strongest arm like Elway or Marino. Joe and Steve never really put up huge yardage numbers but what made them great was they didn't make bonehead mistakes like Jimmy almost always does.

Jimmy's inconsistency is what makes it difficult to watch. We're 7-6 when we should be 10-3, 9-4. Not saying it's all on his shoulders but he can definitely play a lot better; a playoff team's ultimate success, a lot of it imo is going to rest on the QB's shoulders

And to top it all off Jimmy can't run so he even more of a liability when he's not on his A-game. He too much of a roller coaster ride

But I digress, great WIN for the team. Much needed. Time to focus on getting another dub next week.
With what we know we already have on offense, let's list the attributes....

1. Solid O-Line that has a core (Trent, Mack) and will only get better.
2. Weapons and playmakers all over the field
3. A pro bowl fullback
4. Kyle Shanahan .....

I'm salivating at the prospects of adding the ultra dynamic Trey Lance to the offense. Lanve needs reps so he can make mistakes and learn from them. The sooner the better so that the sooner this team can realize it's full potential.

The only thing Jimmy will do is hold this offense back imo. We not firing at optimal levels with Garoppolo.
Look at this ****, you “digressed” for just barely over an hour. Insufferable.

I’m a Steve Young guy but if you have love for him but disdain for Jimmy then you have a skewed perception of reality. We remember him for his record breaking super bowl performance against a hapless Chargers team, but prior to that (and even after that) his playoff performances were frustrating for the Faithful.
Here's the difference though. He took over full time for Montana in 1993 and led them to a Super Bowl win in 94-95 season. Young learned from his early mistakes very quickly and Jimmy is still taking baby steps after having just as much if not more experience as a 49er starter than Steve ever did from '87-93 when he was a backup.

All of Young's prior failures came as being a part time starter while Montana was nursing injuries and concussions so imagine how difficult it was for Steve to find his rhythm and chemistry with Craig, Rice, Taylor, Rathmsn, and Jones.

Even Jerry known to say it took him a while to adjust having to catch passes from Steve, a leftie, after having caught passes from Joe, a righties, all his life. Rice said Steve's timing was completely different although it turned out Steve became an even more accurate passer than Montana.

Steve won league MVP his second season as the full time starting QB in SF, Jimmy has not come close to the impact of Young.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom