:::[Official] San Francisco 49ers 2024 Season Thread [2-2 vs Cardinals 10/07 1:05PST]:::

Should UnicornHunter’s faithful card be revoked for his blasphemous Patrick Willis comments?

• Yes permanently

Votes: 31 79.5%
  • Yes temporarily

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • No

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I still got my eyes on isaac seumalo to play center.

Staley-beadles-seumalo-Garnett-brown
no belief in Brandon Thomas, Daniel Kilgore, or Marcus Martin?

I'm not ready to give up on those guys they need to be coached up.

Last edited:
I thought Kilgore did good when he was healthy... Thomas and Martin on the other hand could use some more grooming

I feel indifferent about Marcus Martin. Very disappointed in that dude so far.

Kilgore can't be depended on

Can't Thomas play tackle? I swear remember he played left tackle. Maybe they think they have depth their with Thomas and that CFL dude.

Last edited:

this guy will be my 2nd round pick in my final mock leading up to the draft. i love vernon butler, but you can't have everyone and the draft is deeeeeeeeeeeep in DL. addressing the offensive line by adding a nasty, downhill mauler that will thrive in kelly's inside zone will pay dividends in the long run and lighten the load for our young franchise QB going into the future.

the concerns about him having his heart outside of football were put to rest for me:

start off day 2 with joshua garnett after we land goff on day 1. that's how it's drawn up. 
pimp.gif

stanford running a PIN AND PULL run right here. a chip kelly staple.

l0NwLARhSmWm5wZwY.0.gif

garnett isn't the most graceful dude on the move, but dude's technique is clean and he's very smart. moves solid for a big, powerful dude. notice the subtle jab he puts on the defender as he's pulling. 
laugh.gif

more pin and pull. stanford had garnett do everything,
stanford running a little stretch zone play right here. kelly uses the stretch zone, too, but for the most part, his running games revolves around inside zone. the inside zone has more of a downhill, drive blocking element to it. think along the lines of the power that we ran with harbaugh. not exactly the same but similar.

PitifulAmusingGodwit.gif

since it's an outside zone run, garnett has to get lateral. he's uncovered, which means there's nobody in his zone front of him, so he has to look for work in the next zone. keeps his hat inside. notice how he finishes his block. he always finishes his blocks. one his biggest strengths.

Last edited:
Noah Spence still available is interesting. Thought he would go late first.

He seems to have cleaned up his act and turned it around.

we still have a ton of picks. good to see baalke use those late picks as ammunition to get day 1 starters. expedite the rebuild process.
 Matt Miller  ‏@nfldraftscout  Josh Garnett was a legit threat as a trade-up possibility OR to Seattle. 49ers were wise to secure their guy tonight. Plug-and-play LG
we need more day 1 starters. keep wheeling and dealing, baalke. i see my dude. 
nthat.gif

buckner talking about getting reunited with chip and his BFF armstead: http://www.csnbayarea.com/show/91361/episode/2305036

Last edited:
all the people saying trading back into 1st round for Garnett was a bad move by 49ers is being short-sighted here.

For the ones complaining about not having a 2nd rounder anymore, they essentially swapped their 2nd rounder for that Chiefs late 1st rounder so that cancels out, Garnett is basically our 2nd round pick. Baalke just made sure to get him before Seahawks sniped him from us.

4th rounder - We still have the 4th rounder compensatory pick so we STILL have a 4th rounder.

6th rounder - we still have 3 6th rounders and added a 7th and we're talking about a 6th round pick being given up to secure a day 1 starter like Red said.

What in the hell is there to complain about :lol:

I want the niners to continue their current theme of picking from the pac12 and take Scooby

Ain't eeem mad about baalke trading a 2nd to get Garnett. We're picking 5th in the 3rd round, that's essentially a late second rounder

Can someone get me the video clip of when Garnett was selected and what Shaw had to say about him on NFL Network

Unfortuneatly I was on my way to work I seen the pick live via the mobile app, but didn't get to here any comments

Can someone get me the video clip of when Garnett was selected and what Shaw had to say about him on NFL Network

Unfortuneatly I was on my way to work I seen the pick live via the mobile app, but didn't get to here any comments

I want the niners to continue their current theme of picking from the pac12 and take Scooby

Ain't eeem mad about baalke trading a 2nd to get Garnett. We're picking 5th in the 3rd round, that's essentially a late second rounder

Not even really trading a 2nd rounder though if you think about it. We basically traded a 4th & 6th rounder to move up for Garnett.

I say to look at it in this way b/c we swapped that 2nd rounder for the Chiefs #28 (essentially an "early 2nd rounder" if that makes sense).

Not like we traded away the 2nd rounder w/o getting an "equal" value in return.

Buckner was a safe pick... I'm not mad. Pac 12 Defensive player of the year and he's huge. I really liked moving back in to the first to get the best guard in the draft.

I want to get a QB tho at least to come in and give us some depth, we got nothing. Also a wideout.

Back
Top Bottom