:::[Official] San Francisco 49ers 2024 Season Thread [NFC CHAMPIONS]:::

Should UnicornHunter’s faithful card be revoked for his blasphemous Patrick Willis comments?

• Yes permanently

Votes: 31 79.5%
  • Yes temporarily

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • No

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Yeah. I dont want anyone from that tree.

Gase is absolutely intriguing. I think he has a great offensive mind, but he still makes me feel uneasy with the lack of HC experience at any level and knowing who his QB is.

Last edited:
Damn, that's my coach man :frown:

I don't have the slightest bit of ill will towards Jim, I havent felt the success that we've endured under him in a very long time. Although I'm upset he's not going to be with us, I appreciate what he has done and shown our guys and fans (who for the most part were here before him for those garbage seasons) what winning is like.

I remember stating in our season thread before Harbaugh got here somewhere along the lines of "the 49ers have ruined Sunday for me for years" and I hope I dont have to repeat those words again. I really hope we know what we're doing, very ballsy decision..

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 17 minutes ago
Many ready to ticket Jim Harbaugh to Michigan. It very well might turn out right. But one source last night: "No agreement. No deal done."

Could be said just because he's not done with the season yet, but it gives me a glimmer of hope :rolleyes

Dave Feldman already confirmed it. He's not just another media dude; he's Jims life-long BFF. Off to UM for Jimmy.

Last edited:
Should have just fired Jim after the raiders game and let tomsula do his Interim thing see how it played out. My opinion.

I very much have enjoyed Niner football the last 4 years jim will be missed. Thought he was gonna be here awhile :frown:

I'm sure they were still trying to explore every trade option. Or if they knew UM was the place Baalke and York were discussing how much they'd pay for a buyout.

Those are the only two reasons I would think they wouldn't fire him.

Goes to show how bad Singletary was... Jim didn't do as much as people think, the talent was there and he just utilized it

We'll be fine

UM is the scenario York and Baalke wanted. They can make it appear as if Jim left them, they don't have to pay him next year, and they don't have to see him coaching another NFL team. Wins across the board.

Last edited:
Doesn't sit well with me, how this whole scenario played out. Gonna miss Harbaugh, basically brought us outta the slums.
frown.gif

Hopefully the team benefits from a clean slate, the talent is still there. Just too much conspiring against the team this season.

Doesn't sit well with me, how this whole scenario played out. Gonna miss Harbaugh, basically brought us outta the slums. :frown:

Same. I thought he might be tempted to go back to college though because of how much control he has over the players. I'm sure the contract helps too.

fellas i know this has been spoken about before but any suggestions on where to park today at Levis?

And they should.

Maybe I'm crazy, but if they don't promote from within, id be open to Rex Ryan getting the job. When he had decent teams they almost made the Super Bowl. He got the most out of bad teams and poor gm's and his players never quit on him.

If he came with a good offensive coordinator and left the offense alone, I think he'd be a decent hire. He would have a gm who knows how to draft talent and a team with talent for the first time in years and the defense wouldn't miss a beat. Id prefer Fangio though but I'm open to Rex.

Plus I doubt there would be any media related tension, I haven't seen Rex say anything negative about woody or idzik to the media at all despite their incompetence.

Last edited:
Can't hire any outside defensive guys. If by chance they come with a good offensive coordinator, then the coordinator will subsequently leaves for a head coach job the season after, and we are back to the perpetual days of revolving OCs.

Not only that, but our defense is fine. Everything on the defensive side is fine. We need zero help on that side.

Last edited:
I wonder if fans who are 100% supporters of Harbaugh, who are going to the game, will start a Jed York sucks chant or anything showing their support of Jim. The leash is short for Jed and company because they got what they wanted and now they must show they have a plan.

Niner fans are brutal. That boy Jed better stay in his Box, someone will throw a beer at him.

Last edited:
I feel you. I'm more a fan of defensive guys though. My thing is, I don't want to see an emphasis on offense only for the defense to take a step back.

We've seen historically great offenses get shut down in big games by very good to elite defenses.

Unless Kap magically turns into Montana or Young, the offense just needs to be middle of the pack and not crap to me. An average competent offense wins the bears, cardinals, rams, raiders, and arguably the game in Seattle.

Greg Roman is vermin. I'm convinced they wouldve made the playoffs this year with so much as an average middle of the pack offense.

Back
Top Bottom