:::[Official] San Francisco 49ers 2024 Season Thread [NFC CHAMPIONS]:::

Should UnicornHunter’s faithful card be revoked for his blasphemous Patrick Willis comments?

• Yes permanently

Votes: 31 79.5%
  • Yes temporarily

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • No

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I dont have a clue how chryst will be as OC but hiring him at this point looks like nobody else wanted the job

why did we hire a zone block offensive line coach if were pretty much going to stay with the same system/philosophy? 

that's the most puzzling question to me out of all these hires.

lol

maybe they can give that dude the boot and make sparano the o-line coach. he specializes in power running.

Last edited:
Man i tell you idk wth jed n baalke smoking up there but im just like

1419.gif

True that.

Kap will likely suffer the most from this and in the end, it'll cost him his job. :\

Hopefully geep takes the leash off Kap and lets him run wild.

Last edited:
So the guy that coached Kap to being a mediocre, underachieving QB is now gonna run the whole offense. Seems legit.

So tired of the pessimistic and negative attitudes in all honesty (not just on here)

Niner faithful 'til the end of me.

I think our defensive coaching staff is pretty solid. It may not be Lord Fangio and co, but I think there's enough capable minds with a **** load of talent to work with that we'll be ok.

As far as the offense goes, I just hope Tom Rathman kicks someones *** in those offense meetings.

49ERS COACHING STAFF

Jim Tomsula, head coach – He did not provide many clues about his vision for the team at his introductory press conference. The one major piece that remains on his coaching staff is offensive coordinator.

Geep Chryst, offensive coordinator  – He is a holdover from the previous staff, on which he served as quarterbacks coach. Chryst will reportedly receive the promotion to the top assistant.

Eric Mangini, defensive coordinator – The 49ers are expected to keep the 3-4 scheme that was implemented under former coordinator Vic Fangio.

Steve Logan, quarterbacks – Logan will work closely with Colin Kaepernick, whom he described Wednesday as “my kind of guy – mobile, accurate and smart." Logan was an assistant, along with Tomsula for two seasons in NFL Europe, before serving as offensive coordinator when Tomsula was head coach of the Rhein Fire in 2006.

Thomas McGaughey, special teams coordinator – The former NFL Europe colleague of Tomsula spent one season running the New York Jets’ special teams under Rex Ryan.

Tom Rathman, running backs – The former 49ers fullback will return for his 13th season on the team’s coaching staff. His first stint ran from 1997 to 2002. In his return, he’s been on the staff since 2009.

Tony Sparano, tight ends – He last coached tight ends with the Dallas Cowboys in 2003 and ’04. After a one-year stint in 2012 as New York Jets offensive coordinator, Sparano coached the Raiders offensive line. He was the Raiders interim head coach and finished as the runner-up to Jack Del Rio for the permanent job.

Chris Foerster, offensive line – He was let go as 49ers line coach in 2010 in favor of Mike Solari. Now, he replaces Solari after spending the past five seasons with Washington.

Eric Wolford, assistant offensive line – The former Youngstown State head coach was briefly on the Oklahoma State staff before getting his shot to coach in the NFL.

Jason Tarver, senior defensive assistant/linebackers – The former Raiders defensive coordinator will have some play-calling responsibility. He will likely be entrusted to develop some blitz schemes.

Ronald Curry, TBA – The former Raiders wide receivers spent two seasons with the 49ers as an offensive assistant. The 49ers denied the Buffalo Bills permission to hire Curry as their wide receivers coach. Whether he gets that title with the 49ers or not, he’ll work closely with that position group.

Aubrayo Franklin, TBA -- The former 49ers nose tackle will fill an entry-level defensive coaching position.

Ejiro Evero, TBA – After four seasons with the 49ers as defensive assistant, the former UC Davis safety could have an expanded role as an assistant defensive backs coach.

Mick Lombardi, TBA – He came to the 49ers in 2013 as “assistant to the head coach.” Last season, he moved into a coaching role as “offensive assistant.”

I hope this works out

This is just sad. A franchise like the 49ers, is being cheap. Pitch the idea for a new stadium and build. Maximize profits and get rid of the biggest headache in Harbaugh. what a mess

They pretty much got an NFL Europe staff.

What's the feeling on mikey I at LG in here, from people that know him best? Steam picking up here about going after him to put between Kalil and Sullivan. People are giving him like elixir status for Kalil :lol:

Mike iupati hasn't been the same player in over 2 seasons. Those injuries have ruined him. He's always been a pretty bad pass protection guard, but his run blocking, which was what he hung his hat on, also has deteriorated.

With the coaching staff intact, it's time to turn our attention to the draft.

Baalke is still the man calling the shots and that in itself is assuring. We need another good draft to follow up last years good draft.

Gotta keep pumping out young talent and making good free agency acquisitions.

Last edited:
View media item 1376308
Great to have Gamble back to help keep this roster loaded with talent.

I totally agree with Matt miller. I am not a fan of cooper especially when you take into consideration where he'd be picked. I would take Kevin white over cooper even if cooper was available at 15.
View media item 1376318

Last edited:
Man i tell you idk wth jed n baalke smoking up there but im just like

1419.gif

rep'd just because of the Lost reference...damn I miss that show.

I guess the silver lining is Roman is gone and geep knows Kaep well. if Geep wants to keep his job, he'll let Kaep play to his strengths, aka, let that boy run ragged!

moe200069 moe200069 appreciate bro....Yeah now the pressure is on Kap if he dont perform well with that contract guess where the blame is going i just dont know with these adjustments at coaching yet the offense was horrible this season already i really dont get it. This draft and FA will say alot if we address our needs on Offense or atleast make us better than b4 ima bit concerned but its Niner Faithful ill hold my judgement till December.

Back
Top Bottom