:::[Official] San Francisco 49ers 2024 Season Thread [NFC CHAMPIONS]:::

Should UnicornHunter’s faithful card be revoked for his blasphemous Patrick Willis comments?

• Yes permanently

Votes: 31 79.5%
  • Yes temporarily

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • No

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Is that a joke?  Who are we going to need good luck against? Matt McGloin? 
roll.gif

and if you're referring to the people in the stands aint no professional players on this team worried about the black butthole. There will probably be more 49er fans than Raider fans too.

Last edited:
You guys are too nice. I dont care if its a "free tryout" or not. I want no part of that piece of **** Martin around our football team. Soft as Charmin.

You guys are too nice. I dont care if its a "free tryout" or not. I want no part of that piece of **** Martin around our football team. Soft as Charmin.

Definitely agree, not a guy I'd want to be teammates with in all honesty. But that's just me, Harbaugh had him at Stanford and if he somehow comes in and becomes a solid player then I'm all for it for what we gave up.

Not feelin Martin, but liking these low risk high reward deals getting done. Thank God we didn't pay Whitner, cant believe the kind of money defensive players are making these days :smh:

Liking the moves that have been made especially letting go of whitner and Rogers. Liking bathea as well. Dude was a beast in his prime and can still play, much better than whitner.

with all the FA signings, wish that boy Whitner the best of luck.

although him and Goldson were coverage liabilities, Whitner + Goldson had to have been the hardest hitting pair of safeties in that '11-'12 season. between those two and willis, weren't too many WRs going over the middle.

Not feelin Martin, but liking these low risk high reward deals getting done. Thank God we didn't pay Whitner, cant believe the kind of money defensive players are making these days :smh:

Tight ends are becoming more and more prevalent in passing attacks so it seems there's a premium on good safety play.

Not feelin Martin, but liking these low risk high reward deals getting done. Thank God we didn't pay Whitner, cant believe the kind of money defensive players are making these days
mean.gif
DBs are just getting wildly overpaid everywhere.

http://www.ninersnation.com/2014/3/12/5500314/nfl-free-agency-rumors-49ers-chris-cook-cornerback

NFL free agency rumors: 49ers interested in Chris Cook, per Matt Barrows

By David Fucillo  @NinersNation on Mar 12 2014, 7:39a 44

Trevor Ruszkowksi-USA TODAY Spor

The 49ers might be interested in cornerback Chris Cook. We break down some thoughts on the former Viking, and his own thoughts on his 2013 performance.

Sacramento Bee beat writer Matt Barrows is reporting the San Francisco 49ers are interested in Minnesota Vikings cornerback Chris Cook. The 49ers are likely in need of a cornerback with Carlos Rogers recent release, and no word on the future of Tarell Brown. It's a good bet that the 49ers will address the position in the draft, but free agency help remains an option.

Cook is 6'2, 212 pounds, with the skill-set to be solid in press coverage. The folks at Daily Norseman have struggled to figure him out. Back when he was drafted, Mocking the Draft wrote about him as a guy without a position. They described him as lacking athleticism to be a cornerback, but lacking the physicality of a safety. The concern seems to be that he has not played up to his skill set.

According to Pro Football Focus, Cook allowed the most touchdowns in what was a brutal Vikings secondary. Cook weighed in on his performance on Twitter (pardon the language!):

Cook has had his share of distractions. He was arrested in 2011 for domestic assault. He was acquitted in 2012, but he missed ten games in 2011. He says he has made some lifestyle changes. Additionally, social media has been one area of criticism of Cook. Some view him as a little too active. Who knows if that makes it a distraction or not, but it's something that will come up.

im good off cook. resign t brown if anyone and fill the rest of needs in the draft.

free agency is cool but the draft is the most exciting part of the offseason.
devil.gif

Last edited:
@49ersaaron8 you were asking about why we got bethea when ward was cheaper well here's the numbers

tj ward - $14 million guaranteed

antoine bethea - $6.5 guaranteed

trent and paraag aint overpaying for anyone so im not surprised.

Last edited:
I knew it was a difference of guarnteed money. Basically that's the only part of the contract that matters in football.

:lol: @ Jonathan Martin, makes too much sense for Harbaugh to get something out of this ***** boy.

:lol: @ blaine gabbert one of the worse qbs ive ever seen.

Like Bethea replacing hitner tho.

Does miles austin have anything left?

Not really happy about us signing Jonathan Martin, even though it's essentially low risk. 
Exactly what I said.  I don't even care that its lower than low risk (NO risk). I dont want this biotch anywhere near our football team.  I was hoping he was going to quit football, but his recent tweets indicate he is excited to be a Niner.  I couldn't care less.

Remember Harbaugh talking about Freddie P. Soft?  Martin is Freddie in human form. 

I don't know if you guys don't understand or what. We need a swing tackle and the guy went top of the 2nd round 2 years ago. The stipulation of the trade is he has to make the 53 man roster for it to be in effect. And it's 7th rounder next year.

Not saying he's immensely talented but dude was great in College at times.

With Martin's ********ness and all, is the 49ers locker room not strong enough not to make that ***** an issue?

Seriously the guy was solid at Stanford. How many times have the 49ers brought in guys that were busts elsewhere only to turn their careers around here? whitner? rogers? If Trent, harbaugh and the rest of our staff sees something then we should trust their judgement. I personally dont like the way he handled the situation but aslong as he can do his job I dont give a damn. a lot of these dudes have personal issues and off field issues: alex boone was a drunk, aldon still is a drunk, bowman had issues with drugs, parrish cox was a rapist, ETC. In the words of the great singletary I WANT WINNERS. I dont give a damn about the rest.

the locker room stuff is irrelevent when you have grown !@# bad !@# mofos like justin smith and alex boone walking around who set the example. this aint miami.

Last edited:
I don't know if you guys don't understand or what. We need a swing tackle and the guy went top of the 2nd round 2 years ago. The stipulation of the trade is he has to make the 53 man roster for it to be in effect. And it's 7th rounder next year.

Not saying he's immensely talented but dude was great in College at times.
Understand just fine pal.  Sure, we need a backup tackle.  There are plenty of backup tackles in the world.  I'd rather not have a guy who:
  • Is the definition of soft
  • Wont stand up for himself
  • Sells out his teammates who, wild or not, were friends
  • will have a media circus following him around
  • doesnt appear to be completely dedicated to football
  • has mental issues
Call me crazy, but thats how I feel.  What I crossed out in your post is completely irrelevant.  It has nothing to do with where he was drafted or what the stipulation of the trade was.  He could have been a non-guaranteed training camp invited free agent and I would have the same opinion.

Back
Top Bottom