:::[Official] San Francisco 49ers 2024 Season Thread [NFC CHAMPIONS]:::

Should UnicornHunter’s faithful card be revoked for his blasphemous Patrick Willis comments?

• Yes permanently

Votes: 31 79.5%
  • Yes temporarily

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • No

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Thing is he might go in the 1st now. Eagles have been linked to him at 22 and so have the Seahawks at 32. This dude has skyrocketed in the rankings so fast it's crazy.

I agree with you tho. As nice as the big sexy name sounds id rather grab a handful of quality players instead of investing them all into one guy. Wouldn't be mad if it happened tho. 
happy.gif

Last edited:
we visited with frankenstein

Matt Maiocco  @MaioccoCSN  · 5h

Source: Big, tall, talented and long-armed Florida State WR Kelvin Benjamin recently paid a visit to the 49ers. http://www.csnbayarea.com/49ers/49ers-visited-kelvin-benjamin …
 Benjamin is the fourth-known wide receiver to meet with the 49ers at their Santa Clara facility, following reports of visits from Martavis Bryant (Clemson), Paul Richardson (Colorado) and Albert Wilson (Georgia State).
even tho he had drops the one thing i noticed when i went back to review KB is that he naturally looks to extend those long arms to attack the ball with his hands at the further/highest point with solid body control.  not only is instinctively letting the ball get deep and attempting to trap/cradle it with your body bad, but it's even worse with a qb who throws 100mph like kap so that was a big plus on KB. his on field flaws like running routes and reading/exploiting coverages can be improved with good coaching and lots of effort, but obviously the desire to be better has to be there which is the biggest question with this guy.

Would grab him in the 2nd, but not at 30 in the 1st.

Last edited:
John was in town and we hung out last night to watch the UFC. He re-confirmed that the trade up would be for Sammy Watkins and not Mike Evans although they like both, but it's highly unlikely to happen now with all this off field BS the Niners want to add more depth.g

He also said 49ers have contacted him about being at fan fest so he'll likely be there if any of you guys are attending.

Last edited:
That insider info :pimp: I was thinking that news about us moving up for Mike Evans is a smokescreen that we really want Watkins

John was in town and we hung out last night to watch the UFC. He re-confirmed that the trade up would be for Sammy Watkins and not Mike Evans although they like both, but it's highly unlikely to happen now with all this off field BS the Niners want to add more depth.g

He also said 49ers have contacted him about being at fan fest so he'll likely be there if any of you guys are attending.

Will you be attending? :nerd:

Them lines :smh:

Last edited:
I don't watch much NCAAF, but damn, after watching that Mike Evans clip and watching film on Watkins, I hope we pursue a WR. however, I wouldn't want us to mortgage the bulk of our draft in trying to get Evans. He has great size, hands, and a seemingly amazing ability to track the ball as soon as he turns his head, but last time we gave up everything + the kitchen sink for a WR, we ended up JJ Stokes. i may be out of my element amidst all the draft talk, but i'm not a big fan of evans based on his speed. i understand he's big, but i want a WR who can stretch the field or create separation once he gets the ball.

Last edited:
I am still holding out we grab my dude Jarvis Landry somewhere in the 2nd or 3rd. I'd bet everything the guy is going to have one hell of a career. Would be nice to snatch up both LSU receivers. Combination of Odell Beckham Jr+Jarvis Landry or Brandin Cooks+Jarvis Landry would have us set for years.
Will you be attending?
nerd.gif

Them lines
mean.gif
yeah it's likely especially if JT goes. you aint lying about them lines. 
sick.gif

Last edited:
Red, I think I speak for all of us when I say the insider info is much appreciated, good lookin' out :pimp:

Also I agree with what someone else said earlier saying trade up for Watkins or stay put at 30, but with the abundance of draft picks that we have I feel like trading up at some point is inevitable.

Red, I think I speak for all of us when I say the insider info is much appreciated, good lookin' out
pimp.gif

Also I agree with what someone else said earlier saying trade up for Watkins or stay put at 30, but with the abundance of draft picks that we have I feel like trading up at some point is inevitable.
np man. i wish i could get more info, but hes not involved with the team as much as I would like lol. he talks to some of the guys on the niners like tom rathman here and there.

been thinking about convincing john to sign a couple of these and send them out to random NT faithful. nothing big, but cool for any true 49er fan especially those of us who grew up watching him play.

Last edited:
np man. i wish i could get more info, but hes not involved with the team as much as I would like lol. he talks to some of the guys on the niners like tom rathman here and there.

been thinking about convincing john to sign a couple of these and send them out to random NT faithful. nothing big, but cool for any true 49er fan especially those of us who grew up watching him play.

View media item 942980

Let's not make it random and make a list for you to attempt to hook up :lol: :nerd: :nthat:

Red, I think I speak for all of us when I say the insider info is much appreciated, good lookin' out :pimp:

View media item 942980

Wow! That would be awesome :pimp:

Jason McIntyre ‏@jasonrmcintyre 

[1of2] I still put 0 stock in Manziel/Dallas, Atl-trade-to-1 BUT 49ers trade up is very real. Mike Evans is obvious target. SF did

[2of2] extensive homework on 2 other big WR (Bryant, Latimer). Crabtree final year, SF needs big WR v Seattle CBs. SF has 6 picks in top 100
I wonder if these guys are getting the trade up to 5 scoop and assuming it's for Evans, or if the Niners are debating within whether they want to oppose those big Seattle DBs with size and power? 

I can envision replacing Michael Crabtree with 230lbs 6'5 Mike Evans in that NFCC scenario and seeing him pluck the ball right out of the air before Sherman can get a finger on it. 
sick.gif

Last edited:
I'd love Mike Evans on this team, especially with all the contracts we have to deal with after this upcoming season. When is Evans supposed to go, like 15-ish?

Oh really? Dang, didn't think he was sought after like that.

Can't wait for the draft, all these rumors and whatnot got me real antsy this year :lol:

I heard some scouts have him above Sammy Watkins as the #1 receiver so it depends on what you're looking for. Like we've been going back forth and on if Niners want to go with pure measurables they can go with the cheaper alternative in Kelvin Benjamin. Although he's not nearly as polished and NFL ready as Mike Evans I think he could have the bigger potential of the two but also is more likely to be a huge !@#$ing bust if he doesn't work his *** off. I like both, but Sammy looks like hes going to be special to me. He's the guy i'd give up the draft for. One of those special players who you look for ways to get the ball in his hands at all times.

i feel on you on being tired of waiting for it to happen.  
mad.gif

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom