Official Saucony Originals / Retro Thread

The third pair won't be a galaxy theme for sure. Jason Faustino (EB's co-owner) said they scrapped galaxy themed saucony's that were in the pipeline when Nike dropped the foams.

I'm thinking the next shoe will be inspired by a planet of some sort. In the first ACES video, they already had a rocket ship blasting off so I doubt it will be that. If it were to be a planet, I hope they choose Jupiter or Neptune. That'd be dope.

They for sure won't do Mars, lol.

It is. Most collabs aren't made overnight. A lot of them are 2-4 years in the making. Idea, pitch the idea to the company you want to work with, approved by the company for production, etc. Long process.

no way it was around the time the galaxy foams dropped though...

nobody was pitching nothing to saucony back then :lol:

remember reading the last collab shoe for EB was going to be a 6000 with a grid 9k sole. swear someone said something about this in this thread a while back. I may be getting confused with a possible future collab though. 

It is. Most collabs aren't made overnight. A lot of them are 2-4 years in the making. Idea, pitch the idea to the company you want to work with, approved by the company for production, etc. Long process.

:rofl:

2-4 years you buggin.

:rofl:

Unless you got sources you are just spewing BS.

no way it was around the time the galaxy foams dropped though...

nobody was pitching nothing to saucony back then :lol:

2012 isn't that long ago, man. So it's not hard believe they had the idea and created mock designs, but dropped them when they saw the foams.

this is what would've happened at the meeting in 2012 if someone proposed putting it on a Saucony

Shouldn't take more than a year to figure out what color and materials to put on a retro.. just sayin

maybe the overall concept of Death List 5 / Space Pack / etc. was thought of around then
That's what I was saying, man. You have an idea, then that idea goes through several mock designs and samples, then it has to get approved for release. All of that takes time. Also, just because a brand wasn't catching heat in 2012 doesn't mean anything. Runners in general had a core fan base before the hype train hit

It depends on the WIFI network. If you're on some random free wifi yeah you might want to switch to LTE, if it's your home or job network and it's cable or fios you should be good.

I got the new Samsung Galaxy S5, that sh*t is insanely fast...I usually turn my WiFi off on sneaker releases.

Going to meet up with a guy in an hour to trade my DS air max 1 Milano plus 100 on my end for his DS Burgers. He is a big am1 enthusiast and I was lucky enough to double up! Wish me luck that he doesn't have second thoughts!

Back
Top Bottom