Official Seattle Mariners 2009 Season Thread Vol. Season Over

first time in this thread...im a mariners fan living in the bay area. been a fan since the griffey, buhner, tino and edgar, joey cora days. my cousins heregive me grief for liking the mariners and hating the giants. i have this bet against all my cousins here that ichiro will have a better average at the end ofthe season than any giant with qualifying at-bats. what do you think about my chances?

we also have a "better record" bet between the seahawks and 49ers.
we have a "who will have more yards" between hasselbeck and 49ers starting qb as well as between crabtree and housh.
what do you guys think?

Originally Posted by Elpablo21

Tough loss for Felix...they all cant be gems...Hopefully Bedard and company pick it up back tomorrow
they can't all be gems, but 10 hits and 6 runs is inexcusable for him. inexcusable. the offense repeatedly bailed him out and he just alwayspulls this %#@!. every year... when is he going to 'put it all together' for an entire season? dude will start off 4-0, 5-0, looking like doc gooden,and then BAM! his mental makeup is ripped to shreds and he ends up 9-9, 12-11, ridiculous with his stuff. mental ****** for sure.

We all remember this?

Well, here's ver. 2.0... I wouldn't be surprised if Jr. made it for his teammates...
roll.gif

moz-screenshot-39.jpg

Meanwhile, the guys are stuggling to get a hit off Padilla...
frown.gif

Here are some pictures from last nights games. I hope y'all enjoy. I'll post most from tonights gamwe when I get them.
capt.db4a0f9edb4946e0adbeb29293f6fea3.rangers_mariners_baseball_waet113.jpg

capt.a689ccb50fde4edf9869224abe58d130.rangers_mariners_baseball_waet112.jpg

capt.61a8a051f0474f9b80b81ef5a4d5d52b.rangers_mariners_baseball_waet111.jpg

capt.1ac81e18ef8240239ccbb506da3b56e5.rangers_mariners_baseball_waet110.jpg

capt.df89349ce6244f25bdd1002a00ec91b3.rangers_mariners_baseball_waet109.jpg

capt.08fee0508c0446908b5ec5634cc16b4b.rangers_mariners_baseball_waet108.jpg

capt.f4b27a88a22c4c68a98fa83cfbec8683.rangers_mariners_baseball_waet105.jpg

capt.3da82b8acefe43b6becc81756fe567c7.rangers_mariners_baseball_waet104.jpg

capt.480f2ce628b44681818e75516661100a.rangers_mariners_baseball_waet106.jpg

Pitching staff turning a corner? They've been pretty damn good since the middle of April... 3rd best defensive team in baseball by ZR and UZR, too...
nerd.gif
Turning a corner?

Short-series sweep in Seattle against Felix and Bedard...
pimp.gif
Yesss....

Well today is a new series against a much improved Royals team, let's hope they win today to stay in first. It's been a tough 2 series at home all withone run outcomes(cept yesterday but technically it went to extra innings) and hopefully the bats will wake up a little this afternoon. I'm just trying tostay positive as long as I can this season haha.

as weird as it sounds but today two division leaders face off
laugh.gif

Hopefully Silva pulls a %%@*!%% magic trick out of the hat

and the Country believes in us
embarassed.gif
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

jv4vb7.jpg

That's it, the M's have to do something with Silva, I don't care if it means starting a rookie or putting Batista back in the rotation.

#%@! carlos silva. i tune in to a homer and turned it off. he continues to put us in huge holes. how he still has a major league job is beyond me. dude'sERA is over 8. EIGHTTTTT.

smh.gif
thanks bavasi. he's somewhere sipping on fine liquor and smoking a fine cigar while his trash continues to hurt this ballclub. silva should be sent downor cut... hell put him on the DL. anything but another start.

Man I almost wish someone would hold Carlos Silva hostage for atleast a few starts, this guy is terrible.

They have to find someone..anyone to replace fat #@@...or we could just forfeit all his starts and save legs/arms for the next day

Damn this is so frustrating... Silva's got to be pulled from the rotation... but who do we replace him with?

and at least Wak starting to tinker with the lineup... too bad it didn't make a difference...

Originally Posted by SinnerP

Damn this is so frustrating... Silva's got to be pulled from the rotation... but who do we replace him with?

and at least Wak starting to tinker with the lineup... too bad it didn't make a difference...

Word. Silva has GOT to go. I wouldn't mind tinkering with throwing Morrow back to the minors to get him reacclimated with starting again. Closers come bythe dozens, and the Mariners need to put Josh Fields into hyperdrive to get him to the majors ASAP. This the only way I think the Mariners can really sustaintheir lead atop the West. It's a gamble, but if they want to win, it might have to be done.

Back
Top Bottom