Official Seattle Mariners 2009 Season Thread Vol. Season Over

man...been getting killed, but my head is still up. Long season ahead.

He'd be cool if we could CUT Silva..... but since he's got this absurd contract that's not even possible
smh.gif

I'm as optimistic as everyone else and I apologize for filling half of today's board with Silva rants, but I just hope it's not a typical seasonwhere the M's don't contend, and Ichiro wastes 200 hits/100 runs. The only positive was Ichiro had 2 more hits toward another 200 season. And hey onthe bright side the blue/volt griffey's are due out everywhere soon!

problem is the way this team operates. they either string a ton of hits together in one game, or they go out like #%!@# in one game. you're telling me youcan't hit sidney %#%@# ponson? a guy who was 0-4 with a 7+ ERA? that tells me the team is not being patient and certainly not seeing the ball well. eitherthe hitting coach and wak translate some messages to this team, or people start getting benched. it's fairly simple. you cannot keep a bum like beltrehitting cleanup who has 0 HR's.

i hate how stale and lifeless seattle fans are. you go on Mariners boards and every season they make excuses for these guys. we haven't been to theplayoffs in 8 years but the excuses pour in season after season. i'm sick of the fans. people have accepted being mediocre after the great 90's teamswe put on the field.

^ well at least we still see the usual suspects in here, despite our 4-game losing streak...

Well even tho he lost today, Washburn has been a nice surprise.

With our lack of hitting, I would like to see some more small ball. When Ichiro led off with that double, thought for sure Gutierrez was going to bunt himover. Instead he struck out.

And Silva is just horrible.

Oh Boy.....This is the beginning...of a long....Summer
laugh.gif
ohwell.gif
tired.gif

this is the real mariners
Yep. Thats why Im not the least bit shocked
laugh.gif

This team still has bright spots though...one new arm/ a new bat...who knows...

Anybody got some info on our Key minor prospects?
nerd.gif

good gracious. 15-15 now, .500. we've now been shut out by ponson and baker, two guys with 7+ ERA's. what's going on? also...
-junior needs to sit down, hitting .205 with 2 HR
-we're THIRTY games into the season and Beltre has 0 HR
-branyan is coming back down to earth
-i'm not going to continue paying a crapload of cash for mlb.tv to watch this every night, team better wake up or it's going to be another 100 lossseason.

Oh more frustration...

I didn't watch the game today, but how was their plate discipline? Taking more pitches and getting deep into counts?

Heads up yall!!!

Things are getting ugly, but we will NOT continue losing. There's no way this team is going to lose 100 games again. It's a long season ahead, I justhope we do the losing now.

I'm kind of stoked for tonight's game. If Felix brings his A game, we are in store for a doozy. Of late, Liriano has been throwing very well and hasimproved with each start. It has the potential to be a great duel. And actually, knowing the weakness in the M's lineup, King Felix has to bring his A gamefor the M's to even have a shot.

Alrite I'm being optimistic, I'm calling it, Mariners break their losing streak and win tonight, 5-2.

Originally Posted by 651akathePaul

I'm kind of stoked for tonight's game. If Felix brings his A game, we are in store for a doozy. Of late, Liriano has been throwing very well and has improved with each start. It has the potential to be a great duel. And actually, knowing the weakness in the M's lineup, King Felix has to bring his A game for the M's to even have a shot.
Yeah it sucks because I got a feeling Liriano could break out today..too bad we play him
laugh.gif

Alrite I'm being optimistic, I'm calling it, Mariners break their losing streak and win tonight, 5-2.
If they give Felix some run support early, I think we got a good shot at the W today

good to see our 'ace' continue to get hammered. the guy is such a mental ******. he does this %#!@! every season. start off the season untouchable,then he folds. i think he needs his 'king' badge revoked.

felix does not have the mental makeup to be a star pitcher in this league. lincecum, lee, verlander, greinke, billingsley, these are young guys who have themental makeup to be cy young winners or 20 game winners.

felix doesn't have that. he's a mental ******. he has not shown any progress from year to year on how to handle himself. people have been saying foryears that 'king' felix is going to be a multiple cy young winner, a 20 game winner, a top 5 pitcher. that is BULLOCKS. i don't care what his ageis, or how hard he throws. daniel cabrera throws harder and he gets shelled night in and night out. felix's ERA is now blown up to 4+.

i'm tired of this crap every season. we scored more than enough runs to win the game. felix is NOT an ace.

Back
Top Bottom