OFFICIAL Seattle Mariners 2010 Season Thread: 7/22 - 7/25 vs. BOS (37-60)

Originally Posted by xDominatorx

11 runs with no HR's, 1/3 of the elite staff healthy, means we bout to be serving people once we get it together

Lets Go M's Get that 4th win
pimp.gif

11 runs with no HR's is not something to be excited about. It's takes an insane amount of timely hitting to do that. Have you watched our first ten games and how hard it's been to score runs hitting nothing but singles?

^ 11 runs with no HR's is exciting. It means the bats are awakening to a degree. You don't need to hit HR's to score runs. 
On the right team, a HR can be easily classified as a bailout to ineffective hitting.

The M's hit the ball hard tonight and seemed to be all over the ball. Very good night. Hopefully it keeps rolling, but with Verlander going tomorrow, you never know.

Originally Posted by TheTrapezeSwinger

11 runs with no HR's, 1/3 of the elite staff healthy, means we bout to be serving people once we get it together

pimp.gif

11 runs with no HR's is not something to be excited about. It's takes an insane amount of timely hitting to do that. Have you watched our first ten games and how hard it's been to score runs hitting nothing but singles?
Do you see what our lineup is? did you really expect us to be a power lineup team?
laugh.gif
...it wasnt hard for us to score runs cause we hit nothing but singles, it was hard cause nobody, literally (besides guti) was getting hits, plus our dumb !%+ base running was not producing....half the hits today were singles, and it produced 11 runs...the top half of our lineup can produce runs easy if they get on base, smart base running and hit singles

Hopefully it keeps rolling, but with Verlander going tomorrow, you never know.
is RRS going tomorrow? hopefully he shows out tomorrow, I patiently wait for his break out game and for him to stop throwing walks or serving pitches in the middle of the plate for supper for hitters...I have faith
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by o fenomeno

effective small ball is so fun to watch
pimp.gif

thats some 2001 M's %!#! right there.

word. classic M's baseball at its finest last night. great to see our offense coming around. hopefully we can get another win tonight and possibly sweep them that would be 
pimp.gif

although, our base running needs some improvement, sometimes, it's so dumb that I can't help myself from laughing at what they do but at the same time, it's my damn team...

Originally Posted by Elpablo21

Originally Posted by TheTrapezeSwinger

pimp.gif

Do you see what our lineup is? did you really expect us to be a power lineup team?
laugh.gif
...it wasnt hard for us to score runs cause we hit nothing but singles, it was hard cause nobody, literally (besides guti) was getting hits, plus our dumb !%+ base running was not producing....half the hits today were singles, and it produced 11 runs...the top half of our lineup can produce runs easy if they get on base, smart base running and hit singles

Hopefully it keeps rolling, but with Verlander going tomorrow, you never know.
is RRS going tomorrow? hopefully he shows out tomorrow, I patiently wait for his break out game and for him to stop throwing walks or serving pitches in the middle of the plate for supper for hitters...I have faith
pimp.gif

You guys are all drinking the kool aid. We are near last in the AL in runs scored, average, slugging and on base %, and you guys are all extolling the virtues of small ball? Laughable. Take away the major outlier, and we're averaging 2.8 runs a game. Now if Felix could pitch every single game for us, that'd be okay. Cry all you want about it only being ten games into the season, but where is this team offensively? Sure Ichiro and Figgins are an awesome 1-2, that's not our weakness by any means. Three through nine however are all huge question marks. Gutierrez is a stud in the outfield but not the guy you want hitting in the three hole (I know he's off to a hot start, blah blah blah). Without another power bat via trade or someone (Hello, Milton) stepping up in the lineup this team is going nowhere. You kiddies be excited all you want about one good offensive after scoring four runs in four games. I certainly hope I'm wrong and we can consistently score runs. Sorry to be the realist.

I get what you're saying, and I think most of us understood what this team's offense would be realistically...but  there's potential for us to be quite effective on offense....there's no way we should be that bad on offense like we've been before, but I'm not expecting some sort of offensive explosion from here on out either

I think we'll get a better look at what our team will be in May once Lee comes back, then Bedard following him...the team was built more towards pitching and defense, than our offense

.500!!! DA gettin' it done again 5 for 5 this season so far. He's just too good. 
Snell pitching tomorrow, hopefully he can throw a decent game tomorrow. 

With way things going in AL West so far and being only 2.5 games behind the A's, this team is starting to looking good. 

tough loss, we had our chances in the 8th to make something happen too....still won the series though, I can live with that
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom