Official Sixers vs Pistons Game 2 Post Vol. You Bandwagon Nugget "fans" arent welcome back

^im hoping ill be able to go to game 3 too. Im gonna be up there for Penn Relays till Saturday but I havnt seen a time schedule to see if ill be done by thetime the game starts.

Good thing I live in Philly and have NBATV.

Hey 4wrestling

I'm trying to get ticket for Game 4, are the all you can eat tickets the same price or slight different?

I tried to check on my own and an error page came up.

You get crappy seats up in the top ends for just under face value, but then the all you can eat voucher is $18 more per ticket.

I think.

I just got 2 tickets in 213 for $67 a piece off Stubhub.

Not to be a bother 4wrestling.

I've been to Sixers game but tickets were gifts so I was wondering since I don't got a CC to purchase tickets do I go to the Wachovia Center?

Like I said in the Lakers/Nuggets Game 1 thread: we're leaving game threads open for discussion until the day of the next game. On the day of the nextgame, THEN people can make a new game thread for the game being played that day.

So the Game 1 thread will stay open until Wednesday. Then sometime Wednesday, the Game 1 thread will be closed and this will be re-opened.

That's why all of the other Game 1 threads are still open.
belle155:
lock this up, my cavs game 2 post got deaded with the quickness. this ones gotta go
First of all, calm down, man.
laugh.gif
It's just a thread.

Second, it was deaded with a quickness because it was seen with a quickness. This one wasn't.

Not that big of a deal.

FR3SH (or anyone else wanting to make a game thread for Game 2): this is it. It will be locked, Game 1 discussionwill continue in the Game 1 thread, and this thread wil be re-opened sometime Wednesday, probably around midnight EST since I'll be up).

Originally Posted by 4wrestling

You get crappy seats up in the top ends for just under face value, but then the all you can eat voucher is $18 more per ticket.

I think.

I just got 2 tickets in 213 for $67 a piece off Stubhub.

I started to do that but I wouldve been in row 10 out of 15 so i ended up buying them off Sixers.com and got section 203 row 3

I give fresh and and1playa props... Those the only two guys who stuck with the sixers while the rest jumped on the nugget bandwagon....

laugh.gif
@ the title.

I wish good luck to the Sixers, I really want to see the Pistons get eliminated, hate that attitude they walk around with.

Originally Posted by TheGift23

laugh.gif
@ the title.

I wish good luck to the Sixers, I really want to see the Pistons get eliminated, hate that attitude they walk around with.
And the fact that we're Cavalier fans
laugh.gif

Super Noblekan
I give fresh and and1playa props... Those the only two guys who stuck with the sixers while the rest jumped on the nugget bandwagon....

Thanks but after the whole AI trade fiasco there was a total of like 4 sixers fans including me, FRESH, 4wrestling and GUNNA GET IT
roll.gif
...we should win this game as long we come out strong, im hoping for goodcontribution from smith and carney off of the bench
http://Super-Noblekane.u.yuku.com

If Pistons lose this series (which I still say is DOUBTFUL) don't expect "the best starting 5 in the league" to return.

-Rip goes first
-Sheed maybe second.
-Keep Bills and Antonio for now

Joe traded G. Hill and Stack in their prime when they showed complacency in the postseason, so I don't expect anything different from him now. Bring inunnoticed young talent (The way Chaunce, Rip, and Ben were when they showed up)

THAT BEING SAID....

I still got Pistons in 6. Now they better stop dicking around (Sheed.... stay out of the huddle while were losing... with 11 seconds left) but this Sixersteam, like I said before, is not the 7 seed people expected in the east. Young and fearless.... bad combo.

But I got the Pistons gettin their collective heads out of their *$!$#, and hopefully Flip wont be such a (()) and will pull our vets and let the young gunsget some shine if the old guys are playin lazy again (cause honestly, Stuckey, Max, Amir, and Aaron are not afraid of Willie, Sweet Lou, or Thad, let alone theBall Burglar, Reggie Evans).

Pistons by 12, 98-86

"So now Sixer fans are going from "we hope to win" to now "we should win" after one game.
ummm so I am I supposed to be humble??

Roscoe P Wallace:
If Pistons lose this series (which I still say is DOUBTFUL) don't expect "the best starting 5 in the league" to return.

-Rip goes first
-Sheed maybe second.

Joe traded G. Hill and Stack in their prime when they showed complacency in the postseason, so I don't expect anything different from him now. Bring in unnoticed young talent (The way Chaunce, Rip, and Ben were when they showed up)
I'm not going to lie; reading that FLOORED me. No, reading that from a Pistons fan floored me.

Just curious, do you talk to a lot of other Pistons fans, either offline or in some Pistons message board or anything? I'm curious if this is the generalconsensus among Pistons fans, or just the opinion of one Piston fan (you).

I mean, what I think are your two most interesting points are definitely solid; Hill and Stack were dismissed despite being awesome, and it was because oflackluster efforts in the postseason, and Chauncey, RIP, and Ben no longer play with something to prove. Matter of fact, they play like they're on thelevel of the Spurs, with multiple championships this decade. It almost seems like YOU realize that they only have one championship this decade, but THEY thinkthey've won it every year, since they've made multiple consecutive Eastern Conference Finals appearances.

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

Roscoe P Wallace:

-Rip goes first
-Sheed maybe second.

Joe traded G. Hill and Stack in their prime when they showed complacency in the postseason, so I don't expect anything different from him now. Bring in unnoticed young talent (The way Chaunce, Rip, and Ben were when they showed up)
I'm not going to lie; reading that FLOORED me. No, reading that from a Pistons fan floored me.

Just curious, do you talk to a lot of other Pistons fans, either offline or in some Pistons message board or anything? I'm curious if this is the general consensus among Pistons fans, or just the opinion of one Piston fan (you).

I mean, what I think are your two most interesting points are definitely solid; Hill and Stack were dismissed despite being awesome, and it was because of lackluster efforts in the postseason, and Chauncey, RIP, and Ben no longer play with something to prove. Matter of fact, they play like they're on the level of the Spurs, with multiple championships this decade. It almost seems like YOU realize that they only have one championship this decade, but THEY think they've won it every year, since they've made multiple consecutive Eastern Conference Finals appearances.

Yeah, I talk to a lot of other Pistons fan both online, and in person (Pistons are BIG throughout Lower and Mid Michigan, people LOVE that we have had agood team for going on 5 years now), and generally, with the people who actually know basketball and think logically (this is not me saying "those who share my opinion", just saying people who I know that actually KNOW what they are talking about) theconsensus is that everyone is a little tired of this act.

Lets think about it
-04' We win the championship with a team that give ALL OUT EFFORT for 48 minutes. These are guys who feel disrespected by prior coaches (Rip, Chaunce),teams (Tay wears 22 for the 22 teams that passed him in the draft) or the majority of the nation (Sheed.... nough said). We had a chip on our shoulder, and toa certain extent, we "shocked the world" taking down that Lakers team (I'm sure you remember Ska
pimp.gif
laugh.gif
)

-05' Same group more or less, and we take a great Spurs team to 7 games a couple points away from winning 2 straight, a rare feat indeed. That was the lasttime this team played with full out passion.

-06' Enter Miami. Enter D-Whistle (but moreso, his amazing play). Now in the Miami series we played our hearts out and got beat by an equal/better team.One might look at this and say "good try, just bad luck" but the truth of it was that we were tired. We were tired cause he didn't take the Cavsserious the round before, and let them come back from an 0-2 series deficit to stretch it to 7 very long grueling games. Miami handled their business in 4-5.They were rested, they were focused, we were flustered from almost having become the laughing stock of the postseason, and our lack of focus (and lack of goodcoaching) almost cost us the chance to play the team we were waiting for the whole time. The general consensus around here was had we not been so damn tiredfrom Cleaveland, we would have taken that Miami series.

-07' Once again we dicked around in the conference semis. We BLEW OUT the bulls the first two games, and then let them stretch it into 6 games by notplaying much defense, not hustling, and not showing any urgency or passion. On top of this, Flip is not a good enough coach to right a ship thats lost somesteam, and his fear of making many subs really wore out the starters. So we finally get to face the Cavs, and then Lebron just happens all over our face. Partof that was him just being superhuman, but another part was any number of silly plays where "Big Shot Billups" figured ANY 3 ball would drop in the4th (he is Mr. Big Shot, right? .... circa 04') Sheed refused to believe Ilgauskus could outplay him, and anyone gaurding Danny Gibson seemed to say"He's bound to miss THIS one". Guys just stopped hustling again, and for the 2nd year straight, a teamthat most experts called "The best team in the East" blew a chance to face the West.

And now were here. And the same things happened on Sunday, and as "shocked" as some people were, a lot of Pistons fans simply said "here we goagain". The sentence of yours I highlighted says it all Ska, this team was made of a bunch of "underdogs" that won it all in 04'. They keptthat "keep doubting us" thing going a couple years while they told themselves they were better than everyone said, and it seems like they said it somuch, they believe it now. This is a team that is KNOWN to coast.... and I don't see that in Boston, or in Utah, or in NO, or the Lakers, or SA, or PHX.Those teams aren't known for taking games off, and like I said to a friend of mine yesterday "This team is as good as its been since 04', but itsthe wrong year for us to peak again, cause the whole league peaked this year, there are at least 5 teams I would be scared to call us better than, and of those5, none of them get as lackadaisical as us".

So thats what I see. If we refocus, and end up losing to Boston in 7 games in the ECF, then no problem, keep this group together and give them another shot.But if we do the same silly BS we have done the last couple years, and get swept by Bos, or outed by the Cavs in 5, or god forbid.... Philly takes us down now, of course break this team apart, cause they lost their killer instinct, so why keep waiting for them tofind it again. And thats hard to say, cause I, and most fans, absolutely LOVE the guys on this team, they are high character, talented, non egotistical,overall, really good guys. But this is a business, it isn't personal, Joe D's job is to bring championships, period. So..
- Move Rip cause hes the most valuable and easiest to replace. Suns would KILL to have him coming off screens, and we can find another 15 ppg somewhere.
- Move Sheed, cause as smart and as talented and as funny as he is.... part of the "lack-of-effort" shown by this team comes from him rubbing off onpeople. He plays hard when he feels like it, and you can't have that.
- Keep Tay, Max, Stuckey, Aaron, Amir, Chaunce, and Antonio. Add a few pieces, try again, and if it doesn't work in two more years, package one of thestarters and a young for some All-Star talent.

So there you go Ska, oh, and how does it feel to read another Essay on NT not written by you
roll.gif
. I got this problem around keyboards.... I can't stop typing sometimes.

Back
Top Bottom