Official Sixers vs Pistons Game 2 Post Vol. You Bandwagon Nugget "fans" arent welcome back

Originally Posted by Roscoe P Wallace

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

Roscoe P Wallace:
If Pistons lose this series (which I still say is DOUBTFUL) don't expect "the best starting 5 in the league" to return.

-Rip goes first
-Sheed maybe second.
-Keep Bills and Antonio for now

Joe traded G. Hill and Stack in their prime when they showed complacency in the postseason, so I don't expect anything different from him now. Bring in unnoticed young talent (The way Chaunce, Rip, and Ben were when they showed up)
I'm not going to lie; reading that FLOORED me. No, reading that from a Pistons fan floored me.

Just curious, do you talk to a lot of other Pistons fans, either offline or in some Pistons message board or anything? I'm curious if this is the general consensus among Pistons fans, or just the opinion of one Piston fan (you).

I mean, what I think are your two most interesting points are definitely solid; Hill and Stack were dismissed despite being awesome, and it was because of lackluster efforts in the postseason, and Chauncey, RIP, and Ben no longer play with something to prove. Matter of fact, they play like they're on the level of the Spurs, with multiple championships this decade. It almost seems like YOU realize that they only have one championship this decade, but THEY think they've won it every year, since they've made multiple consecutive Eastern Conference Finals appearances.

Yeah, I talk to a lot of other Pistons fan both online, and in person (Pistons are BIG throughout Lower and Mid Michigan, people LOVE that we have had a good team for going on 5 years now), and generally, with the people who actually know basketball and think logically (this is not me saying "those who share my opinion", just saying people who I know that actually KNOW what they are talking about) the consensus is that everyone is a little tired of this act.

Lets think about it
-04' We win the championship with a team that give ALL OUT EFFORT for 48 minutes. These are guys who feel disrespected by prior coaches (Rip, Chaunce), teams (Tay wears 22 for the 22 teams that passed him in the draft) or the majority of the nation (Sheed.... nough said). We had a chip on our shoulder, and to a certain extent, we "shocked the world" taking down that Lakers team (I'm sure you remember Ska
pimp.gif
laugh.gif
)

-05' Same group more or less, and we take a great Spurs team to 7 games a couple points away from winning 2 straight, a rare feat indeed. That was the last time this team played with full out passion.

-06' Enter Miami. Enter D-Whistle (but moreso, his amazing play). Now in the Miami series we played our hearts out and got beat by an equal/better team. One might look at this and say "good try, just bad luck" but the truth of it was that we were tired. We were tired cause he didn't take the Cavs serious the round before, and let them come back from an 0-2 series deficit to stretch it to 7 very long grueling games. Miami handled their business in 4-5. They were rested, they were focused, we were flustered from almost having become the laughing stock of the postseason, and our lack of focus (and lack of good coaching) almost cost us the chance to play the team we were waiting for the whole time. The general consensus around here was had we not been so damn tired from Cleaveland, we would have taken that Miami series.

-07' Once again we dicked around in the conference semis. We BLEW OUT the bulls the first two games, and then let them stretch it into 6 games by not playing much defense, not hustling, and not showing any urgency or passion. On top of this, Flip is not a good enough coach to right a ship thats lost some steam, and his fear of making many subs really wore out the starters. So we finally get to face the Cavs, and then Lebron just happens all over our face. Part of that was him just being superhuman, but another part was any number of silly plays where "Big Shot Billups" figured ANY 3 ball would drop in the 4th (he is Mr. Big Shot, right? .... circa 04') Sheed refused to believe Ilgauskus could outplay him, and anyone gaurding Danny Gibson seemed to say "He's bound to miss THIS one". Guys just stopped hustling again, and for the 2nd year straight, a team that most experts called "The best team in the East" blew a chance to face the West.

And now were here. And the same things happened on Sunday, and as "shocked" as some people were, a lot of Pistons fans simply said "here we go again". The sentence of yours I highlighted says it all Ska, this team was made of a bunch of "underdogs" that won it all in 04'. They kept that "keep doubting us" thing going a couple years while they told themselves they were better than everyone said, and it seems like they said it so much, they believe it now. This is a team that is KNOWN to coast.... and I don't see that in Boston, or in Utah, or in NO, or the Lakers, or SA, or PHX. Those teams aren't known for taking games off, and like I said to a friend of mine yesterday "This team is as good as its been since 04', but its the wrong year for us to peak again, cause the whole league peaked this year, there are at least 5 teams I would be scared to call us better than, and of those 5, none of them get as lackadaisical as us".

So thats what I see. If we refocus, and end up losing to Boston in 7 games in the ECF, then no problem, keep this group together and give them another shot. But if we do the same silly BS we have done the last couple years, and get swept by Bos, or outed by the Cavs in 5, or god forbid.... Philly takes us down now, of course break this team apart, cause they lost their killer instinct, so why keep waiting for them to find it again. And thats hard to say, cause I, and most fans, absolutely LOVE the guys on this team, they are high character, talented, non egotistical, overall, really good guys. But this is a business, it isn't personal, Joe D's job is to bring championships, period. So..
- Move Rip cause hes the most valuable and easiest to replace. Suns would KILL to have him coming off screens, and we can find another 15 ppg somewhere.
- Move Sheed, cause as smart and as talented and as funny as he is.... part of the "lack-of-effort" shown by this team comes from him rubbing off on people. He plays hard when he feels like it, and you can't have that.
- Keep Tay, Max, Stuckey, Aaron, Amir, Chaunce, and Antonio. Add a few pieces, try again, and if it doesn't work in two more years, package one of the starters and a young for some All-Star talent.

So there you go Ska, oh, and how does it feel to read another Essay on NT not written by you
roll.gif
. I got this problem around keyboards.... I can't stop typing sometimes.

I applaud you. As a Detroit fan, I feel the EXACT same way. And I know a gang of other fans who do, too. As you said, it really wasn't a huge shockthat they lost Game 1. I figured they'd lose at least one of the first two games. That's just how they get down. But, that isn't a good look. Istill say they'll pull this series out. Hopefully the Game 1 loss can be a wakeup call though. And SMH at the Cavs fans in here crying about this threadbeing open. Pretty much sums you guys up.

Originally Posted by superblyTRIFE

I applaud you. As a Detroit fan, I feel the EXACT same way. And I know a gang of other fans who do, too. As you said, it really wasn't a huge shock that they lost Game 1. I figured they'd lose at least one of the first two games. That's just how they get down. But, that isn't a good look. I still say they'll pull this series out. Hopefully the Game 1 loss can be a wakeup call though. And SMH at the Cavs fans in here crying about this thread being open. Pretty much sums you guys up.

There you go Ska, like I said.... I am not alone.

and superblyTRIFE, I feel exactly what your sayin. Everyone who watches this team almost knew they would drop game 1 or 2. And same thing, I think they willstill win this series, just how long will it take them to really wake up? 1 game in the Philly series, or 3 games in the Cleavland series (at which point itstoo late).

Honestly, I almost didn't realize it till I typed it, but its just that, this team seems to have lost a lot of its killer instinct, and a Championship teamneeds just that, that will to win. Honestly, at this point, I'm just praying we stay afloat long enough to meet Boston so that the media can talk about theupcoming "Boston Massacre" the Pistons are about to receive for a few days, and get this team feeling like the unloved underdogs they were in yearspast, they always play better when they Aren't supposed to win than they do when they Are.

And as far as the trades I talked about, its scary to think about for two reasons
A) This group is ridiculously talented.
B) I really like all of them.

But like I said, its a business, and Joe has proven that that is exactly how he looks at it.

^ Yeah, I was completely unaware of that. Makes sense, though. Good to see fans unafraid to call it like it t-i-is.
Roscoe P Wallace:
-04' We win the championship with a team that give ALL OUT EFFORT for 48 minutes. These are guys who feel disrespected by prior coaches (Rip, Chaunce), teams (Tay wears 22 for the 22 teams that passed him in the draft) or the majority of the nation (Sheed.... nough said). We had a chip on our shoulder, and to a certain extent, we "shocked the world" taking down that Lakers team (I'm sure you remember Ska
pimp.gif
laugh.gif
)
I've got it on tape.
frown.gif
You guys... man... the way youguys beat us, I thought DET would win the next 8 straight titles. We were thoroughly outplayed, in every sense of the word.
Roscoe P Wallace:
-07' ... anyone gaurding Danny Gibson seemed to say "He's bound to miss THIS one"
Hey, I can't blame the Pistons for that, because I was saying the same stupid thing.
laugh.gif
He'd be open, someone would find him, and I'm watching like 'No waythis is going in.' Like when you're on the court and you try to rattle someone's nerves by yelling 'Rebound!' every time they shoot, I wasdoing the same thing with all of my friends I was watching the game with, all of whom were Cavs fans. He'd go up to shoot and I'd yell out 'Boardthat, Sheed!' And then... splash.
laugh.gif
After splash.
nerd.gif
After SPLASH.
eek.gif

Roscoe P Wallace:
how does it feel to read another Essay on NT not written by you
roll.gif
. I got this problem around keyboards.... I can't stop typing sometimes.
No joke, I liked it. I love a good, clear, thought-out response. If I had my way, we'd have like a50-word minimum.
laugh.gif

And as you well know, I have the same problem.
nerd.gif
laugh.gif

As a Pistons fan you gotta hate em or love em....
laugh.gif

We are definitely tired of "the act" but I guess we've come to accept it...

I don't care if we win it all, Flip must go. You always hear about how he's a "player's coach" but that's not what this team needs.
Larry Brown was the perfect fit because he's old school and didn't put up with any nonsense....there's no way Sheed goes into the other teamshuddle while LB was on the bench.
I'd even go as far as to say bring back Carlisle, he's a really good coach but got a raw deal in Detroit.

But if someone had to go, I'd send Sheed packing ASAP.

Do any of you ever talk about where you'd be if Larry Brown was still there? Or had he truly ran his course?

I think he ran his course with the players because of his style....however, if he was still here I feel like we make it to the NBA finals next year because hewould have had a better defensive strategy then whatever the hell Flip did last year

Originally Posted by grittyman20

As a Pistons fan you gotta hate em or love em....
laugh.gif

We are definitely tired of "the act" but I guess we've come to accept it...

I don't care if we win it all, Flip must go. You always hear about how he's a "player's coach" but that's not what this team needs.
Larry Brown was the perfect fit because he's old school and didn't put up with any nonsense....there's no way Sheed goes into the other teams huddle while LB was on the bench.
I'd even go as far as to say bring back Carlisle, he's a really good coach but got a raw deal in Detroit.

But if someone had to go, I'd send Sheed packing ASAP.

Step 1: Fire Slip. Could not agree more. I remember in 04' and 05' the way we would come out of Timeouts when Larry was the coach
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
. Amazing plays, all out effort, just everything would be magically fixed, I don't know how many games that won us, but it was damn sure a lot.

And we do need a players coach. I was tellin my dude yesterday (on the Flip subject) about a couple years ago when Roy Williams did a 5 man sub (on the UNCteam with McCants, May, ect) after the starters lost the lead and were playin like morons , sat down all his star players on the bench, stopped looking at thegame, and absolutely chewed them out for about 2 minutes while not even watching the court. By the time he turnedaround the lead was down to about 5 (because you KNOW the subs wanted to play in the situation, so they gave all out effort), he re-subbed his 5 starters, andthey picked up where the subs left off (with much more talent on their side) and blew out whatever team it was till the buzzer sounded.

Now you can't quiet scream at grown men who make 5X as much money as you, but that doesnt mean you should be a complete B like Flip is. I can't imaginehim laying into ANY of the starters. What we need is a coach who would rather play a motivated Stuckey or Afflallo for 10 minutes, than a bored 1-9 shootingHamilton. Someone who would not have Sheed joking around throughout a game we are losing. Carslile was that, Larry was that, Flip just isn't. And eventhough we are as good now as I have seen in a good few years, our coaching is such a liability I'm not quiet sure if we have what it takes to get anotherring this year.

Originally Posted by grittyman20

I think he ran his course with the players because of his style....however, if he was still here I feel like we make it to the NBA finals next year because he would have had a better defensive strategy then whatever the hell Flip did last year

Yeah, dude was talking Job Offers in post game press conferences of the ECF.... like he could have waited a month before proving we was a vagabond right?

Oh, and on the subject of this teams attitude sometime, I saw this quote from Billups today, and it kinda summed it all up.....

[color= rgb(255, 102, 102)]"I hope that this doesn't happen, but if we were down 0-2, I still feel like we'd winthe series," Billups said. "But I don't want to get there and have to prove you all of that."

[/color]
I guess he gets points for being an optimist, but beyond that.... [color= rgb(255, 102, 102)]
grin.gif
[/color]

GAME TIME

With that being said, I will be shocked if the Sixers win tonight. They already got their victory. They are a young team without playoff experience. I wouldexpect a letdown tonight.

If the Sixers are going to win, they need a more uptempo game tonight. I don't think they can win another 90-86 game.

LET'S GO SIXERS

why would Sammy D not attempt a shot block but reach down and give up a and 1?
sick.gif

Dre is looking for his shot but he should be goin TO THE BASKET.

bad start dre and dre...sammy has no hands and will could have def caught that alley by miller which led to a 3pt play

Iguodala needs to drive to the hoop. those shots are high-arching pieces of garbage. grrrrrr...

Originally Posted by 4wrestling

And hopefully Iggy and Sammy actually come to play tonight.

i think iggy came to play last time, if im not mistaken he almost had a triple double.

If I'm not mistaken, you're a Warriors fan.

Iggy played awful last game, regardless of the stat line.

Iguodala is taking the most horrendous shots...perhaps Mo should have sat him and left Thaddeus in. i'm surprised our young boys are only down by 7 after1.

Back
Top Bottom