:::OFFICIAL SNEAKER CARE/MAINTENANCE POST::: (It's back!)

Originally Posted by jdubb2345

hey just picked up a pair of white and columbia xiv low, the columbia part was sticky......dont know why, but i tried to rub it off with my finger and the paint started to rub off with the sticky stuff, is it possible to paint this part or are they done for?
i'd like to know if there is a solution as well. I tried to clean it off.....got the dirt that was stuck off but the stickiness is still there. any suggestions?

Alright. I got one of those left. I'll try them when my Concords come in. From what I understand that part of the shoe is highly absorbant so I didn't want to mess them up with a cleaner if that's possible.

Yea, I use it to clean all my XI's, just a little bit of water and a little scrubbing and they look fresh.

Sorry if it's been asked but what's good to clean the type of suede used on the varsity 6's, I heard baby oil is good for suede but is it also good for these?

^^^If thats just the paint cracking you can paint it but if thats the midsole thats cracking its time to stop wearing them.

It seems like some of the black suede part has bled on to the blue 
sick.gif

Would the Kiwi Suede & Nubuck cleaner be just the right thing to fix this?  I'm kinda scared to just make this worse.  What does everyone think?

Thanks.

^Try using hand soap with water and brush lightly with any toothbrush. Works well with most of my shoes with nubuck and suede.

I GOT RIT DYE ON THE PATENT LEATHER ON MY COOL GREY XI'S....I NEEED HELLPPPP WHAT CAN GET THIS OFF OR WHAT CAN I USE TO PAINT OVER IT

STILL SOME RIT DYE RESIDUE ON MY MIDSOLES AS WELL..WHAT CAN I USE TO GET IT OUT COMPLETELY OR PAINT OVER THE MIDSOLES??? HELP NEEDED!!!!

THANKX!

I have an OG pair of the Air Jordan 10's and 1 shoe has a white film on the sole.I tried to just wipe it with a wet towel and it disappeared and then returned later.I want to ask around before I start trying anything else.These are some really old sneakers(1994)that are not being worn and have never been worn so I dont really know why the soles turned white.Any help would be appreciated.I do have seaglow that I could try if thats an option.Chime in please

Originally Posted by davey5737

i know this is the jordan section but i dont think theres another maintenance thread and this is pretty simple i think. what would be the best way to clean the mesh and midsoles of some infrared structure triax 91? thanks

Originally Posted by shortyoscart

Sorry if it's been asked but what's good to clean the type of suede used on the varsity 6's, I heard baby oil is good for suede but is it also good for these?

I wouldn't go any where near my 6's with baby oil....Just use a suede brush and some suede cleaner...that's what it's called suede cleaner for...because it cleans suede.

Originally Posted by dcheek20

Originally Posted by TMcGrady1

Hey everyone,

Can you guys please help me with this spot on my University Blue/Black XIVs.  It's absolutely driving me crazy!  What can I do?  The pics are below.  Thanks a lot.

You need to purchase suede/nubuck cleaner such as lincoln e-z cleaner or kiwi, should clean this up no problem!  You may have to scrub at it!

I don't know...That looks like the nubuck has been burned or something...Like there's no nubuck in that spot... I dont think any amount of cleaning is going to solve that...i think it's just ruined :/ my nubuck 12's had the same problem...then i noticed that the inside of the circle was actually lower than the rest of the shoes, i realized that the nubuck in that spot was actually Gone. Sucks, but I don't really know any nubuck replacement methods....maybe try taking it to a shoe doctor.

Originally Posted by TMcGrady1

It seems like some of the black suede part has bled on to the blue 
sick.gif

Would the Kiwi Suede & Nubuck cleaner be just the right thing to fix this?  I'm kinda scared to just make this worse.  What does everyone think?

Thanks.
stains like that are tricky. In this case it looks like you'd be better off to just leave it alone....trying to clean it might spread the blackness around....unless you just try to soak it up with a towel and not use a scrubbing motion...mayb try using a very small amount of oxy clean....apply it to a towel...and just try to soak it in and out.

Originally Posted by Bruggs58

So I know this has been discussed on NT before but I feel that it is worth bringing up due to the releases of all of the anniversary edition shoes. Seeing that these shoes are all white my first reaction is that they will obviously yellow. How are you guys who don’t plan on wearing these for a few months or years planning on stocking? If I don’t throw silica packs or anything in with them is the 2 gallon ziplock still a bad idea? I would like to keep these kicks from yellowing. On the soles or on the upper. I know the XI are not prone to cracking so I’m thinking they will be fine in a ziplock. What about my anniversary IX? Did any of you put your 2009 Jams in Ziplocks? Are Ziplocks a good idea?
DO NOT STORE YOUR SHOES IN ZIPLOCKS! LOL. it keeps the moisture and bacteria thats in the bag, in the bag. Not good for shoes...but the paper that comes with the shoes is very acidic and will help to yellow your shoes, remove it, fold it up and put it below the shoes, or take it out entirely(recommended)....if you want to save the paper, what i do is, is I keep a box with all my paper from shoes in it to the side. just keep them in a cool and dry place. dark rooms or closets are your best bet. just make sure the room isnt TOO dry and that the shoes dont see much sunlight. Shoes need to retain a certain level of moisture to keep the soles from separating, midsoles from cracking etc. What I do to keep my shoes moist, is every so often, I lightly wipe em with armor all wipes. it seems to work good on the leather in my car, so why not my shoes as well :smile:

ok so i just bought some silica packs because i heard it keeps your soles icy
i just got a few questions

1.They are each 1 gram so how many should i put in one box

2.I read that it takes moisture out of dark places which gots me wondering if it would make them crack easier

3.The brand is LILINE dont know if specific one i should buy

Thx in advance for any help
and if you guys could direct me to some even better ideas on keeping the soles icy beside seaglow would appreciate
also one last thing i removed the tissue paper from the box because i heard it increases yellow soles
all help is appreciated!

just a question guys? is it still safe to purchase DS of white laser 4s that were released '05? or even a DS mars 4? i'm thinking that either might break soon so it won't be worth spending a lot of money on. TIA

OK, so my buddy gave me his Jordan XI Silver Anniversary because he stepped in mud, and his one pair got ruined. Basically, the right shoe the mesh yellowed... It's really not big of a deal because the yellowing isn't bad, but when you compare them they look kinda differnt. Does anyone know how to revert the shoe so it looks like it did before? He took it to a shoe cleaner and it lightened it, but it's still a problem.

hey guys, i was wondering if anyone could help me on removing the yellow from the midsole of my OG Jordan 1's from '85. would it even be safe to try and remove the yellow stains? or should i just leave it alone lol. any help would be good, thanks again guys.

hey guys, i was wondering if anyone could help me on removing the yellow from the midsole of my OG Jordan 1's from '85. would it even be safe to try and remove the yellow stains? or should i just leave it alone lol. any help would be good, thanks again guys.

^^^^Try tooth whitening gel or sea glow or you could repaint. Some people like the vintage look and some do not its up to you.

Back
Top Bottom