:::OFFICIAL SNEAKER CARE/MAINTENANCE POST::: (It's back!)

How does the whole silica pack thing work? Where do you guys get them and do you just throw em in the boxes? Thanks in advance NT

Originally Posted by R60vortex

Any tips on cleaning the suede on the CDP Hare 7s? I REALLY don't want to mess it up.
images

Originally Posted by AEA18

Originally Posted by R60vortex

Any tips on cleaning the suede on the CDP Hare 7s? I REALLY don't want to mess it up.
images
Wow! I was going to ask the same thing! The suede on my 7 Hares also has some strange black dots appearing out of nowhere! Will try this product! Thanks
happy.gif
!

what can i use to keep the kobe vi scales clean.

also is there anything i can use to keep the icy soles or clear soles from yellowing or getting dirty. if they do how do i clean it off?

quick question, I know people said they they use water proofer to protect against jean stains, but has anyone tried scotch guard on their jordans? specifically white jordans? scotch guard seems like a better deal than official shoe water proofer at FL, FNL, etc.....

Originally Posted by Antalonboubmpo

ANY TIPS 0N H0W T0 CLEAN THE YELL0WING 0N THE T0E GUARD 0N 7s

Easiest bet is going to be a semi-rough scrubber with a handle and some dish soap.  Or if that doesn't do it, it might need a repaint.
PLEASE!!!!!! someone answer my question, i thought posting pictures would work or atleast get a reply but can you Get good results from acetoning the uppers on XX's and repainting with angelus?  Not even specifically XX's any other upper with similar materials I's, II's, III's, IV's etc...

Originally Posted by edunpeal

anybody knows what local stores sell seaglow
ohwell.gif
try any places that sell boating materials since this is considered a cleaner for them. or you might want to try a hardware store. i know tap plastics carries this in the bay area, ca. but try to google stores in your local area to see if they carry it in stock. it doesn't hurt to call around if you really need it asap or just order from islandgirlproducts.com.

Quick Question as far as repainting a midsole on some Jordan III. I bought some Mocha III to do my first restoration on and ordered some angelus paint in white to repaint it. My questions are"

Would you add duller to the white paint when painting the mocha III midsole?

When using acetone to strip the old paint is it smart to use the acetone to strip the paint and then wait a couple days before painting or is it ok to begin painting shortly after the acetone?

In turn is it bad to remove the paint and wait a few days before painting. People say acetone works as a primer. Does this mean that the painting needs to happen shortly after the acetone or would it be ok to wait a few days between the steps.

Thanks in advance for any responses!

No i waited maybe maybe 30 minutes for the acetone to dissapate then painted. And yes i sed a matte white finish from angelus because the white was toooo white and shiny.

Has anyone done any restore [painting] on Retro Grape V's?
 Paint is starting to chip, i need insight....

What "paint"? That's a very general question. Uppers? midsole? And if it's midsole please dont post again, insteAd do some reading and inform yourself

Originally Posted by MrSwagtastic

How does the whole silica pack thing work? Where do you guys get them and do you just throw em in the boxes? Thanks in advance NT

helps absorb moisture, buy them on eBay, keyword Silica packets.

I usually buy them in packs of 50 -100

Originally Posted by Glockwork3

What "paint"? That's a very general question. Uppers? midsole? And if it's midsole please dont post again, insteAd do some reading and inform yourself
My mistake, it was very vague..On the rear heel. The "grape" color is starting to peel. I went through every page of this thread and i dont recall seeing anything i could be wrong though...ill take a look again...

If i have the area your thinking of right there are a bunch of tutorials on it. V's aren't discussed as much but look uP repainting III and IV midsoles. It's the sam process. Youll need acetone paint brushs and some patience

Has anyone repainted their 2002 raptors? I need the type/color of paint used for the red and purple along the side of the shoe.

^Thanks #@%*@%@[email protected] you ever think that I needed a quick answer because I was at a craft store getting ready to purchase the stuff and didn't have time to use the search button.  Thanks for the help....I got what I needed.

@Big Mike, maybe you should state your position so the flame war doesn't start. Here's a perfect example:

Hey NT what's up, i'm not sure if this has been answered before but i'm at the craft store and need a quick answer. I was wondering if (fill in question that has been answered numerous times here) any help would be appreciated, Thanks!

Originally Posted by pimpjobu

Originally Posted by edunpeal

anybody knows what local stores sell seaglow
ohwell.gif
try any places that sell boating materials since this is considered a cleaner for them. or you might want to try a hardware store. i know tap plastics carries this in the bay area, ca. but try to google stores in your local area to see if they carry it in stock. it doesn't hurt to call around if you really need it asap or just order from islandgirlproducts.com.

thanks pimp i'll do just that
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by Glockwork3

Originally Posted by Antalonboubmpo

ANY TIPS 0N H0W T0 CLEAN THE YELL0WING 0N THE T0E GUARD 0N 7s

Easiest bet is going to be a semi-rough scrubber with a handle and some dish soap.  Or if that doesn't do it, it might need a repaint.
PLEASE!!!!!! someone answer my question, i thought posting pictures would work or atleast get a reply but can you Get good results from acetoning the uppers on XX's and repainting with angelus?  Not even specifically XX's any other upper with similar materials I's, II's, III's, IV's etc...

If you are referring to leather, I would not acetone it. Acetone on the mid sole helps because you end up with a flat layer (no cracks or peeling) and getting rid of the prior paint makes it a lot easier for the new paint to stick to the shoe. As far as leather, you don't have to worry about either of these things. I would defiantly water down the paint though because my leather came out way to bright and shinny (white).

Thanks for the reply. My tour iv's.have some more beating to take before becoming my practice run on repainting.

Back
Top Bottom