:::OFFICIAL SNEAKER CARE/MAINTENANCE POST::: (It's back!)

if air bubbles are detaching from airmax what is the best way to have them re-attached? The whole sole is NOT coming apart just 2 of the seperations

How do I clean the yellowing on Military Blue 4's around the toe? I've tried Pro Gel but it didn't really make a difference..

Originally Posted by JermLacedUp

How do I clean the yellowing on Military Blue 4's around the toe? I've tried Pro Gel but it didn't really make a difference..
is it yellowing (oxidized surface) or stained?  I used the Mr Clean eraser on mine and they turned out good.

On a seperate note, how are you guys storing your 2011 white cement 3's?  I feel like that box isnt breathable and thinking of just using normal JB boxes.  Is that even worth it?

Wordd, preciate the help! @Teller360 i'd say store them in the box, I haven't heard any problems about yellowing or anything as of yet.

A good way to clean patent leather is by using olive oil.  I'm serious.  No joke.  I bought my daughter some Jordans and she ended up getting gum on them while we were at church.  I thought the shoe was ruined but my wife told me to use the olive oil.  It worked.  I mean really worked.  It took the gum completely off and even got rid of the small scuff marks.  

sthebest wrote:
fresh2323 wrote:
sthebest wrote:
Thanks guys. It's funny how people said I originally ruined my Concords when I first posted pics in the restoration thread with my crappy old camera 
grin.gif
 Anywho, no the dye doesnt fade. Trust me, I put it to the test by scrubbing the hell out of the soles on the Concords multiple times with a SOS pad and even using straight bleach the excess dye. It's permanent if done right.

This is what you want to do
1.) Mix a small 1/2 cup of 2/3 sea glow and 1/3 powder dye.
2.) Mix it together really well. The dye should dissolve into the sea glow (I usually make mines a little lumpy to get a deeper tint)
3.) Take a paint brush and carefully paint the soles. If it bleeds onto the midsole, then quickly wipe it away with a wet rag that has soap on it)
4.) Let sit for 5-10 minutes
5.) Whatever is not dissolved into the soles, just wipe away.

voila! blue tinted soles. I will be making a video tutorial sometime soon. no more yellowing 
pimp.gif
 I wore my Concords several times and theyve held up perfect. Ive also worn my anniversary XIs 1 time and they havent turned the slightest bit yellow. In fact, the sole is comparable to my Bred XIs 

AMAZING

Thanks. It works because sea glow is designed to soak down into the pores of soles while promotion the reversing of oxidation. The pores opening allows the soles to trap the color beneath the surface while acting as a barrier for agents that cause oxidation (such as sunlight, moisture, etc.)

And I actually think that sea glow mixed with rit color remover might just remove yellowing on white patent leather (which would solve the age old dilemma of Columbias)

Has anyone tried this? Ive just finished seaglowing my Columbias and they starting getting a natural blue hue because of the color of the liquid. Im now going to dye them just a bit blue and take it from there....BUT i also want to see if i can get some of the yellowing off the patent leather...

EDIT: Pics

Before

After:

Originally Posted by teller360

On a seperate note, how are you guys storing your 2011 white cement 3's?  I feel like that box isnt breathable and thinking of just using normal JB boxes.  Is that even worth it?

Nah, leave them in the box.  They'll breathe just fine, and you don't have to worry about sunlight hitting them.  

Hi, the back part of my XIs are all wrinkly after just trying them on. I was wondering if there's anyway to unwrinkle them without ruining them? Thanks.

Take out the insole and put some baby powder in the them. Put the sole back in and you should be good to go.

does anyone know how to whiten the pods of grey toe xiii's? they have the usual bleeding on them from the suede.

Originally Posted by FrenchBlue23

What have you guys used to clean out the bleeding on the sockliner on White/Red 13's?

Forgive my self quoting, but I found the solution.  
I grabbed a q-tip and used some of my girl's acetone 
laugh.gif
.  Worked great.

Just be careful to not rub it against the red. 

So I have been restoring a few shoes lately and my current project is a pair of Jordan IV.  I have everything figured out except for the netting being yellow.  I have read many many pages on here and I have herd many times that there is no cure for this other than painting the netting very carefully.  I assume when this is done it would flake alot based on the fact that the laces would be rubbing on it like crazy. 
As I read on I learned that Oxyclean may do the trick so I decided to try that method.  I bought a bottle of oxyclean MAX and applied it without diluting it to the netting and let it sit for ten minuets.  I then rinced it throughly and applied it again but this time waited twenty minuets before washing it off.  At this point I can see a little bit of a difference but I believe it to be more from the mesh underneath whitening and not the actual netting.  

Here is a picture after the two Oxyclean applications (Right shoe is the control, while the left has the two oxyclean treatments) (oxyclean cleared the tag up like a charm)

I have also herd that the PLUS WHITE speed teeth whitener may also work as an option.  I have used this on rubber outsoles and it works AWESOME!  If anyone has tried this on the netting please chime in.

The last question has nothing to do with the IV and has to do with the Jordan III.  Have people used the PLUS WHITE whitener on the back heel tab on Jordan IIIs?  If the teeth whitener is only for outsoles then is the only option on the heel tab to just paint it?

Thanks in advance for any advice and answers!

i have used the plus white on the heel tab of my 2009 true blues at least once a month and it keeps the shade of white ok, it helps it from not yellowing more but if the heel tab is piss yellow on your 3s it will clear it up a few shades but not to the exctant of being brand new looking, if that helps

ive read through this thread before, but im going to be coppin the wolf-grey 5s on sat.
and they seem extremely easy to dirty soo what is the best possible way to protect them, i will be wearing them.
they look like they are a nubuck-suede mixture.

Originally Posted by southwesthouston

i have used the plus white on the heel tab of my 2009 true blues at least once a month and it keeps the shade of white ok, it helps it from not yellowing more but if the heel tab is piss yellow on your 3s it will clear it up a few shades but not to the exctant of being brand new looking, if that helps

thats what i need.
do you have any pics of your shoes before/after?

someone plz help i left the receipt in my box and it touched the clear sole and cancered it
i was about to unds them and noticed this

is their any way to take it off i dont wanna put soap and yellow the sole or anything any help plz!

Back
Top Bottom