:::OFFICIAL SNEAKER CARE/MAINTENANCE POST::: (It's back!)

I Have a brand new pair of 2012 Jordan retro 4 Breds that are turning yellow on the plastic lace holders does anybody know how to remove the yellowing
seaglow. i use Salon 40 for all my seaglow related projects. it's on $3.95 including tax. get it at Sally's Beauty Supply. 
Have a brand new pair of 2012 Jordan retro 4 bred turning yellow on the plastic lace loops does anybody know how to remove the yellowing [
In the same boat and have been waiting for a solution myself. Wont go the seaglow route though. I'll just live with it if that's the only remedy...

UNDFTD restoration is amazing  

Anybody know how to get the creases out of the toe box? i iron them often but these inner creases never come out. any suggestions?

Last edited:

Undefeated IV Midsole Swap:

The uppers had terrible water damage and the backtab had durabuck chipping. I managed to remove the water damage and also redye the backtabs. Enjoy!
top notch work. Suede looks great too, what's you're method of cleaning?

I always see some good deals on ebay for near DS but may have suede scratches or spots and I am never sure if that's fixable so I end up passing 
ohwell.gif

Last edited:
So I bought some used carmine VI, and there's some dirt on the red nubuck... is it safe to use Jason Markk on this?

In addition to that, the shoes smell like rancid old weed that I need to de-funk. Considering storing them with arm and hammer for a couple days. Other suggestions?

So I bought some used carmine VI, and there's some dirt on the red nubuck... is it safe to use Jason Markk on this?

In addition to that, the shoes smell like rancid old weed that I need to de-funk. Considering storing them with arm and hammer for a couple days. Other suggestions?
I heard teabags work as well. Put 1 or 2 unused teabag in each shoe (1 on the toe box at least) for a day. 

for all the help ive offered this thread.. youd think i could have gotten a little more response for my request. smh

atleast someone answered you 
Only thing I can tell you is to do the iron method. But try to stuff it more in that problem area you have. Try to push the crease out then iron. But I mean it's gonna come back if you keep wearing them obviously. Sneaker shields should help

Only thing I can tell you is to do the iron method. But try to stuff it more in that problem area you have. Try to push the crease out then iron. But I mean it's gonna come back if you keep wearing them obviously. Sneaker shields should help
thankyou. will invest in shoe shields

Has anyone ever used waterproofer on a 3?  Does it change the color of the EP?  Thinking of using some Liquiproof on my infrared 3s, but concerned it might darken the EP.

Thanks.

Jason Markk should be fine. How'd the teabags work out?

5lab3 black questions:

Just got a non-DS pair. In pretty good shape but I have a few questions.

I've heard the 3M can chip off. Is there anything I can do to protect it? Will waterproofing spray alter the 3M?

Also - the blue soles are yellowing. Will a sea bright type product help or will that ruin the blue color? I love that blue icy sole. Thanks

IMPORTANT I NEED HELP:  Just took these out the box and I have this yellow stain that wasn't there before.. Any asistance of how this happen and SOLUTION TO FIX . PLease Thanks in Advance. I was thinking Retrobrite/Sea glow ???  And dam that UNDFTD fix was Nice!! 

Jason Markk should be fine. How'd the teabags work out?

It did absolutely nothing, even put arm and hammer in there lol. The stench is so strong it's ridiculous. I need to find my foot locker deodorizing spray. Someone told me use vinegar water and spray it on.. anyone ever try this?

IMPORTANT I NEED HELP:  Just took these out the box and I have this yellow stain that wasn't there before.. Any asistance of how this happen and SOLUTION TO FIX . PLease Thanks in Advance. I was thinking Retrobrite/Sea glow ???  And dam that UNDFTD fix was Nice!! 
Maybe try a magic eraser
It did absolutely nothing, even put arm and hammer in there lol. The stench is so strong it's ridiculous. I need to find my foot locker deodorizing spray. Someone told me use vinegar water and spray it on.. anyone ever try this?
Damn man, sorry 
mean.gif

Buy some cider blocks from Bed, bath, & beyond. Put two blocks in at a time and replace the blocks after it no longer smell like cider. Repeat the process.

And if you air out the cider they can be reused.

Last edited:
Saw for the first time today that the grey "wings" on my Bred 4 (2012 retro) start to yellow a little. Didn´t even know that was an issue. It´s not that bad, but anyway to fix that on grey plastic?

Buy some cider blocks from Bed, bath, & beyond. Put two blocks in at a time and replace the blocks after it no longer smell like cider. Repeat the process.

And if you air out the cider they can be reused.

thanks, ill try this if the other methods dont work out

Tea bags didn't work? 

Back
Top Bottom