:::OFFICIAL SNEAKER CARE/MAINTENANCE POST::: (It's back!)

Any tips on how to soften the leather on the upper back (the leather on both sides of the 23) of OG AJ XIs?

My joints is hard as a rock.

Thanks.

Oh sorry I misread. I had my cdp xviii separate too, at the back where the sole wraps around the heel. Fixed with barge and good to go. Just apply carefully and avoid excess, then wrap tight with spare shoe laces
Post pictures. I've had separation on both my xvii pairs. Fixed with green can barge center

E6 does not hold up nearly as well, every time I've used it, separation happened again

so should i buy barge (green) cuz ive tried to reglue it about 3 times and it doesnt stick , the sole sticks fine but that suede doesnt

I've never tested on suede, but I have on everything else. And I've tried several adhesives, only to find the green barge cement to hold best

Not sure if this is the proper section to ask, if not mods please move where ever it's appropriate. I want to ask the community if they think these shoes have been sole swapped based on these pictures:

'06 Grapes, have OG box, retro card, etc.

Not sure if this is the proper section to ask, if not mods please move where ever it's appropriate. I want to ask the community if they think these shoes have been sole swapped based on these pictures:

'06 Grapes, have OG box, retro card, etc.

just looks like normal sole separation, do you see any thick excessive glue anywhere?Its odd that these are getting sole separation

Last edited:
just looks like normal sole separation, do you see any thick excessive glue anywhere?Its odd that these are getting sole separation
I wouldn't say there's excessive glue anywhere, some occasional spots, but I've owned my fair share of pre-2000's and early/mid 2000's Jordans and I've seen the glue stains and quality be subpar. Hell, even on newer pairs they're questionably made. The shoes were in my possession and inspected when I first purchased them about two years ago. I held onto them for about 2 years and then just recently sold them. Buyer receives them and states they've been sole swapped / reglued. I disagree, but he's being refunded. There's no doubt in my mind they are 100% authentic and original. They are almost 10 years old and I store my shoes in my basement / game room, but temperatures do fluctuate here in Pittsburgh so that could be partially why there is some sole separation, but I never saw that when the shoes were in my hands. I strongly have to disagree with what the buyer said and when I get them back in my possession I will take my pictures. Unfortunately I didn't take too many more than what you see and some of those are what he sent back.

Hey guys, I have two questions here. I just picked these up for an amazing deal from a local shoe store. Everything is perfect except for a little creasing in the ankles. What's the best way to remove ankle creasing and do you think it'd be worth it to give it a try or should I just leave them as is. Thanks in advance!

Any idea how to clean under the mesh for these pair of Nike Air Max 90 infrareds? Used Jason Markk and tried some tide laundry detergent but still cant get anything to work. Thanks!

Can i use the same angelus leather paint to paint midsoles ? or do i need a different type

I've used Angelus on midsoles with no problem but make sure you use a finisher to protect the paint. I also recommend mixing Angelus duller in with your paint (maybe 10-20%) to get a true matte finish. It also depends on the midsole material and conditio
Any idea how to clean under the mesh for these pair of Nike Air Max 90 infrareds? Used Jason Markk and tried some tide laundry detergent but still cant get anything to work. Thanks!

What kind of stain is it? That's probably the most important thing to know? Water based? Oil based? Ink? Makeup? Dye? Juice?

Anyone have some recommendations on different waterproofers for different materials?

I just waterproofed my AJKOs with some Kiwi Campdry. It's intended for tents, but since the KOs are canvas it worked very well.

Any recommendations for suede ? I waterproofed a pair of Blk/red VIIs back in '02 and it completely messed up the suede. Haven't tried waterproofing anything suede since.

Also, what would be best for a neoprene shoe? I'm looking to waterproof a pair of my Flight 98/Gloves.

Any general tips?

For my AJKO's, I made sure to tape off the white midsole because the can of waterproofer says it has the potential to discolor light materials. I also lightly ran my finger over the canvas after application, as the waterproofer kind of beaded on the loose fibers of the material and I wanted to make sure it was absorbed completely. I didn't have to do this on the nylon tongue as the material absorbed the waterproofer instantly, unlike the canvas.

Picked up instant shine from the shoe dept for $5 to use on the 11s. I would definitely recommend for anyone looking to restore the shine without worrying about damaging the leather

Hey guys, I have two questions here. I just picked these up for an amazing deal from a local shoe store. Everything is perfect except for a little creasing in the ankles. What's the best way to remove ankle creasing and do you think it'd be worth it to give it a try or should I just leave them as is. Thanks in advance!
just leave it alone. they are going to crease regardless. the only XI retro high in my possession or had that doesn't crease are my B-grade Gammas. i'm actually trying to crease them because they are damn uncomfortable at the heel.

Last edited:
Hey everyone, what is the best way to fix midsole cracking and separation on the Air Jordan 17? I'm thinking about buying Shoe Goo.

[ATTACHMENT=10396]image.jpg (968k. jpg file)[/ATTACHMENT]

Hey everyone, what is the best way to fix midsole cracking and separation on the Air Jordan 17? I'm thinking about buying Shoe Goo.

139599d0_image.jpeg
not sure what you can use to repair with translucent TPU. 

e6000, shoe goo, 3M barge cement are some stuff you can try.

I heard from a couple people that barge cement with the green label is the best for re glues. I dont know about for fixing that cracking though

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom