:::OFFICIAL SNEAKER CARE/MAINTENANCE POST::: (It's back!)

How long should I wait for the glue(Barge Cement) to dry after clamping it together for a pair of 13s?

How long should I wait for the glue(Barge Cement) to dry after clamping it together for a pair of 13s?

Are you just spot glueing or doing swap. Id say overnight and you should be ok. However Id check and reglue any gaps as needed and repeat the process if you need to.

Are you just spot glueing or doing swap. Id say overnight and you should be ok. However Id check and reglue any gaps as needed and repeat the process if you need to.
Toe box reglue, but spot reglue on the medial side on both shoes.

Have one foot reglued(hopefully) and taped down but there's small gaps where I probably didn't apply enough glue to. Probably won't affect wearability, but don't want to risk it at the same time.

Toe box reglue, but spot reglue on the medial side on both shoes.

Have one foot reglued(hopefully) and taped down but there's small gaps where I probably didn't apply enough glue to. Probably won't affect wearability, but don't want to risk it at the same time.
Technically a few hours is ok but Id do over night to be safe. Just reapply with a qtip to the gaps.. Just be careful of excess glue.

HOW TO CLEAN THE WHITE MESH PART OF NIKE AIR MAX 90: I think the part of the shoe is called the toe vamp. Anyways I was with friends in the forest yesterday and I stepped in mud, got all over my shoe. All of the dirt is pretty much gone except for my left shoe which is why I am writing this post. I already tried the pillowcase wash method twice, I used GAIN detergent, just the regular green one. I work at a grocery store and can get any kind if it'll help remove it. I'll post a pic if I can, any help would be appreciated, Thank you!
Delete.jpg

HOW TO CLEAN THE WHITE MESH PART OF NIKE AIR MAX 90: I think the part of the shoe is called the toe vamp. Anyways I was with friends in the forest yesterday and I stepped in mud, got all over my shoe. All of the dirt is pretty much gone except for my left shoe which is why I am writing this post. I already tried the pillowcase wash method twice, I used GAIN detergent, just the regular green one. I work at a grocery store and can get any kind if it'll help remove it. I'll post a pic if I can, any help would be appreciated, Thank you!
Delete.jpg

jason mark cleaner. if you dont have any. some laundry detergent solution and water. Use a brush to get the solution in and repeat the process until clean. sooner you clean them the better.

And easy alternative that I use is white bars of soap
jason mark cleaner. if you dont have any. some laundry detergent solution and water. Use a brush to get the solution in and repeat the process until clean. sooner you clean them the better.

For a first time reglue for the 13s, it was alright. Shoes still separated when applying pressure to the soles, but might have been actually wearable despite the slight separation. Going to clean out the glue and try again. If anything, I need a better clamp than just my hands and masking tape.

For a first time reglue for the 13s, it was alright. Shoes still separated when applying pressure to the soles, but might have been actually wearable despite the slight separation. Going to clean out the glue and try again. If anything, I need a better clamp than just my hands and masking tape.
Instead of using a clamp use shoe strings and a pair of balled up socks for pressure...make sure you tie the shoe strings on the balled up socks tight enough for pressure

Going to take a while as is. Decided to remove the entire uppers from the soles and they need new zoom units anyway. Want to learn how to restore properly instead of just paying someone else like I did with my other pair.

Going to take a while as is. Decided to remove the entire uppers from the soles and they need new zoom units anyway. Want to learn how to restore properly instead of just paying someone else like I did with my other pair.
Watch a resole or restoration video on youtube... And also make aure your using barge cement.. Proper glue is really important. Super glue and ect really doesnt work too great . I butchered a pair of tuxedo 580s trying to use super glue. It just isnt strong enough as I was too lazy to buy and wait for barge cement. Post some pics so we can see.. Because no reason clamps should not have worked.. But shoelaces and string is also a good option like the poster above said.

I would practice with a beater shoe. As alot of it takes practice before you work on a shoe that you really like. Sure there are alot of tips but every shoe will vary and have its own challenges..

This is a good place to start... But Id find more videos than just this one as he doesnt really go into detail but shows the process..

Last edited:
Looks more like white mark than a scratch. Try to get them off using water and a towel first. Maybr a little dish soap.. You may need to keep rubbing to get it off.
No it's definitely a scratch. Looks like someone took there fingernail and drug it across the patent leather. It's rough and bumpy man.

No it's definitely a scratch. Looks like someone took there fingernail and drug it across the patent leather. It's rough and bumpy man.
First try a damp microfiber towel and see if it will improve that way. You should clean patent leather with mineral oil. If mineral oil is out of reach, you can even use olive oil or petroleum jelly i.e. vasoline. Youll basically use a buff method. dampen a cloth with the oil, rub onto patent leather until stain disappears. Then use another cloth to remove the oil and restore the shine. If this doesnt help. Then repwat the process but before you wipe off the oil, let it sit for 15 minutes. Just be extra careful to not get oil on the mesh. If you do, use dish washing detergent and water mixture to get it out asap.

If your reluctant towards this method. You can search for patent leather cleaner.. They make it in a bottle... you can use that (just trying to give you some options)

As far as the scratch.. It feeling bumpy or rigid. Best you can do is remove the mark. Really nothing you can do about the scratch itself. Just chaulk it up to the shoes gaining "character" . But the jelly/oil will help its apperance quite a bit. To the point it becomes just noticable to you.

Last edited:
Is there anyway to fix this or do I have to paint it?

Attachments

• IMG_1215.JPG
    IMG_1215.JPG
    264.5 KB · Views: 28
I messed up and used the wrong wipes on my shattered backboards 1.0 and it seemed to dry out the leather (it doesn't feel as buttery or soft). What can I do to restore the leather back to what it used to feel like. It's urgent and I'm really worried because I spent hella money on them

Back
Top Bottom