:::OFFICIAL SNEAKER CARE/MAINTENANCE POST::: (It's back!)

Still haven't attempted to reglue the Flint 13s yet, but picked up a pair of Cherry 12s and Sport Blue 6s for restorations. The 6s need a lot of work as far a repaint(not sure what type of paint they used, but it's like a sheet where it just peels off.) and the 12s just need a reglue and replacement insoles.

Going to start on the 12s first as it should hopefully be the easiest out of the 3.

Best way to fix these Infrareds?

Once that upper layer of material starts peeling, you can only keep rocking them as is, peel the whole area off and paint it (shave it before painting if necessary, look up the 'tennis ball method' on YouTube or Google for more info there), or move on to a new pair as far as I know.

If you don't mind me asking, what release is that? They look like 2014s to me, but that peeling would be wild on those for various reasons.

Last edited:
^ Not sure about restoring, but that size tag looks too good for them to be fake. Nice steal if you're able to bring them back to life.

^ Not sure about restoring, but that size tag looks too good for them to be fake. Nice steal if you're able to bring them back to life.

Thank you sir. Just trying to figure out what I'm gonna need to do that and what it's gonna cost me.

Anyone sucessfully revived black durabuck? No major flaws, but even after a cleaning my worn black/metallics are looking dusty and faded compared to new.

Any methods to dye the material? I'm concerned about getting it on the white nike air threads or white edging at the seams.

Any tips on regluing uppers to the midsoles of AJ12s? I reglued the midsoles(it is a little uneven, but flush enough), but the uppers seem shrunk in comparison...like a full size smaller.

Any ideas on how to repair the suede on 750s? Messed around and used a Jason Markk brush on these. I have seen baby oil do the trick but people say to only use it on black sneakers.

Attachments

• IMG_2390.JPG
    IMG_2390.JPG
    255.5 KB · Views: 33
I'm not exactly sure but I must've scrubbed too hard and for too long (that's what she said). Now the toe area color is faded and the suede feels rough. Thoughts?
You might end up needing redye the suede. but when you clean suede shake the water off the brush, use a suede or leather brush, and dont scrub hard, also if you have like a brass brush brush the suede to reset the nap which might fix the texture

Yo, I worn my regular Airforce all-white mid 10 times. I had it in my shoe cabinet for like a year. My whole Airforce is still cocaïne white, but I noticed my shoe tongue became a bit yellow :S. I Think it's a different kind of leather. Any way to fix this?

P.S. I orderd Saloncare 40/12% and Angelus Sole Bright could they help?

I've noticed a few sneaker care/maintenance threads popping up in this forum as of late, since the official post was lost when theswitch to Yuku occurred. I did some searching and was able to find ijapino's great post, so here it is...
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________

With the success the last care/maintenance thread had, chernabog915 and I have decided to start a new page of cleaning tips.

Because so many questions get asked every day on how to clean and care for your kicks, we've decided to compile as much useful information as possible intoone giant post.

so does anyone have any tips on how to clean mint on jordan 11s? I have a black scuff mark on my 72-10s and I've tried water and soap and it won't come out. I've only wore them once and they're in mint condition. someone help

so does anyone have any tips on how to clean mint on jordan 11s? I have a black scuff mark on my 72-10s and I've tried water and soap and it won't come out. I've only wore them once and they're in mint condition. someone help
Best off buying some actual shoe cleaner which you can find it any footlocker in your mall

https://www.sneakershields.com/

I can vouch for these. I used the "protectors" to keep my 2006 White and tour yellow 4s crease free. If you UNDS a pair of kicks using these, you'll keep your sneakers crease free indefinitely. So if you're eyeing a new release coming out, use the protectors from the start and you'll never get another crease again.

My brand new jordan flyknits came with this ugly silver "scratch" on the top of the leather collar. Anyone know the best way to get rid of it? Not sure if it's glue, or a pen mark, or a scratch. I would return to footaction but they don't have my size anymore.

00lBSL2.jpg

What type of glue should I use to reattach the toe to these air max 14? Or 15 whatever these where got em a year ago at outlet after one wear one toe did that the next time I took em out the other one had done it too... suggestions?

Attachments

• IMG_3994.JPG
    IMG_3994.JPG
    231.6 KB · Views: 24
Is there a way to fix this let me knoe thanks

Attachments

• 4E3D9637-78C4-470C-AA94-35D8E9E4B75B.jpeg
    4E3D9637-78C4-470C-AA94-35D8E9E4B75B.jpeg
    138.7 KB · Views: 33
Back
Top Bottom