:::OFFICIAL SNEAKER CARE/MAINTENANCE POST::: (It's back!)

I just bought these from a thrift shop weeks ago. Cleaned them inside out. I noticed that the suede's color is starting to fade (the color bled when I was cleaning them).

I'm planning to dye them back again, but Angelus' suede dye isn't available here in the PH. Will regular shirt dye suffice?

Thanks!

DKzYnlAUQAIzYr9.jpg

How do I reapply the Jumpman on the insoles?
I unDS'd my playoff 13's and the Jumpman peeled off like a sticker.
Tried to iron it with computer paper but no luck. It started sticking to the paper a bit so I decided to back off til I get it right.

How do I reapply the Jumpman on the insoles?
I unDS'd my playoff 13's and the Jumpman peeled off like a sticker.
Tried to iron it with computer paper but no luck. It started sticking to the paper a bit so I decided to back off til I get it right.
You can put clear tape on the jumpman to preserve it from wearing off. But as far as reapplying it - I dont think its worth the time and effort.

You're trying too hard
That's funny, to me trying too hard is using sneakershields and plastic wrapping your outsoles. I'm just trying to preserve the natural wear of a 6-7 year old shoe. Hope that makes sense.

You can put clear tape on the jumpman to preserve it from wearing off. But as far as reapplying it - I dont think its worth the time and effort.
I wouldn't even consider taping them. I just simply want to know how to reapply the thing - to me its worth it. I just want to have that normal wear rather than having jumpmanless insoles or taping it because it peeled off the first time they were worn.

Why does it matter seriously. Do you pull out your shoes and look inside and be like damn my jumpman rubbed off, cant wear them anymore. Cant understand it.

Hi
Guys if anyone can help me out I have a pair of University red racers and trying to touch op but not sure what color of angelus paint is best match
Thanks

Does anyone do repairs for a charge? I have a pair of Bred IV's that have only been worn a couple of times and the black paint peeled off of the mid-sole. I suck at projects like this. So seeing if there was someone people send shoes to or someone people on NT recommend.

Is there anyway to make the tongue on jordan 4s more rounded? Ive got a pair of motorsports an one of the tongues is kinda mishapen, ive got a pair of the alternate motorsports an one of the tongues is the same on that pair too. Any advice is appreciated.

Anyone know where to get soles glued back on.. maybe in NYC if possible. My 08 pippens broke down and theyre damn near new. I only got like 1 wear in. I bought em earlier this year; should have just bought the 2015 version.

Is there anyway to make the tongue on jordan 4s more rounded? Ive got a pair of motorsports an one of the tongues is kinda mishapen, ive got a pair of the alternate motorsports an one of the tongues is the same on that pair too. Any advice is appreciated.

the only thing I can think of is possibly ironing them from the inner side. Not ironing the entire thing but the parts that are mishaped and doing it on low heat

Anyone know where to get soles glued back on.. maybe in NYC if possible. My 08 pippens broke down and theyre damn near new. I only got like 1 wear in. I bought em earlier this year; should have just bought the 2015 version.

Any leather maintenance shop that does shoe polishing and re-soles dress shoes should be able to do this for you. You could also try and pull a retrosnickers and use barge cement but that is risky if you don't know what you're doing.

Bought these at a Salvation Army for $9. Was gonna flip them, but they're in good enough condition that I want to keep them. Any tips on how to approach it? It seems to be mostly just cleaning, but there's some areas that look like they may need a little paint? What paint if any should I get? Just a basic white from Angelus? Also, how do you all recommend I disinfect the inside and clean the laces? Never had to clean sneakers up like this before so any help is appreciated.

IMG_3058.JPG

IMG_3059.JPG

IMG_3060.JPG

IMG_3062.JPG

Bought these at a Salvation Army for $9. Was gonna flip them, but they're in good enough condition that I want to keep them. Any tips on how to approach it? It seems to be mostly just cleaning, but there's some areas that look like they may need a little paint? What paint if any should I get? Just a basic white from Angelus? Also, how do you all recommend I disinfect the inside and clean the laces? Never had to clean sneakers up like this before so any help is appreciated.

IMG_3058.JPG

IMG_3059.JPG

IMG_3060.JPG

IMG_3062.JPG

Yeah Angelus White would work-just be careful that you dilute the paint with paint duller so the painted spots aren’t bright white. Basic soap and water should be enough to clean the shoe (use literally a drop or two of laundry detergent mixed well in a cup of lukewarm water and dip damp paper towels to clean the inside of the shoe) and you can use Jason Markk products to get a good clean for the leather etc. if you can spare $20-$40 for the materials. You can throw the laces into the laundry machine with bleach since they are flat cotton laces (put them in an old pillowcase and make sure you wash other whites with them so they don’t get tangled up. Finally, I would use something like sole glow for the outsides, if you want to turn them icy again.

Hope this helps!

Yeah Angelus White would work-just be careful that you dilute the paint with paint duller so the painted spots aren’t bright white. Basic soap and water should be enough to clean the shoe (use literally a drop or two of laundry detergent mixed well in a cup of lukewarm water and dip damp paper towels to clean the inside of the shoe) and you can use Jason Markk products to get a good clean for the leather etc. if you can spare $20-$40 for the materials. You can throw the laces into the laundry machine with bleach since they are flat cotton laces (put them in an old pillowcase and make sure you wash other whites with them so they don’t get tangled up. Finally, I would use something like sole glow for the outsides, if you want to turn them icy again.

Hope this helps!

Appreciate it! I'm gonna tackle it tonight, or some of it at least. I have angelus paint duller, but no white so I gotta order that and maybe some Jason Mark/Reshovn8er.

Anyone apply coconut oil to their Jordans after cleaning them up with Jason Markk/Crep Protect/Reshove:nerd:r? Specifically to condition the leather?

Does anybody have a clue on what's causing my 97's air units to fog up? I've only worn these a couple of times since it's release date. (There the 2017 retro.)
IMG_3588.JPG
IMG_3587.JPG IMG_3590.JPG

Any tips on removing dried up paint off paintbrushes?

Or do I just have to buy a new one?

Hey Guys- I am newer to sole swaps and I am working on a pair of 01 AJ 3s and 99 AJ4s. I am trying to find good donors for these but I keep running into problems trying to separate the midsoles off the donors. The glue on the donors is like welded on and I can't separate them. I am trying a pair of Flight 89s from 2001 as one of the donors and I keep using a heat gun, have tried boiling them for 5 minutes and nothing seems to work. I can get the upper detached, it's just the outer sole from the midsole that I can't get apart.
Let me know any tips! Thanks

Back
Top Bottom