:::OFFICIAL SNEAKER CARE/MAINTENANCE POST::: (It's back!)

First ever restoration job.
20180129_171534-1.jpg
20180129_171618-1.jpg
20180212_224338-1.jpg
20180211_220431-1.jpg

9.5....appreciate the kind remarks. Came out way better then I ever thought they would. Have worn them 3 times since the restoration and got alot of positive remarks......when the sun finally comes one of these days in Cincinnati then I'm gonna try to whiten the front white toe rubber. I would like to get that a little whiter.

Yo! I'm the brand manager for ForceField (a sneaker protection and cleaning company). I've got a few ForceField shoe care kits laying around the office that I'd be happy to send out to anyone who'd like to try us out. Shoot me a PM with your name and mailing address and I'll get one out to you. I have 30 kits - first come first serve until they are all gone. Thanks!

The kit comes with everything you see here (some kits have a towel and some don't unfortunately. I have a mix of both)
FF-Premium-Kit-Family-Photo-10-17-Flattened.png

Yo! I'm the brand manager for ForceField (a sneaker protection and cleaning company). I've got a few ForceField shoe care kits laying around the office that I'd be happy to send out to anyone who'd like to try us out. Shoot me a PM with your name and mailing address and I'll get one out to you. I have 30 kits - first come first serve until they are all gone. Thanks!

The kit comes with everything you see here (some kits have a towel and some don't unfortunately. I have a mix of both)

Thanks for the kit, for those who follow this repair thread, I'll post a review and comparison with reshoevn8r stuff that i use on the daily when I'm working on stuff.

Let us know how you like it. I’ve been using Jason Markks and have liked it as it has been getting the job done but I am almost out of the cleaner so need to get more soon.

P.M. sent, so stoked to try this out. I’ll definitely post a review on it.

Anyone else have an issue with yellowing on the Off White Nike collection? My Air Max 90's mid panels and foam had a blue tint but now it has turned significantly yellow.

Last edited:
Anyone else have an issue with yellowing on the Off White Nike collection? My Air Max 90's mid panels and foam had a blue tint but now it has turned significantly yellow.
pics would help and I can point you in the right direction on how to fix it.

First time posting in this thread. I rocked my Linen 10s the other day, and I'm thinking about trying to get rid of the yellowing of the rubber outsole. I have two questions about doing so.
  1. Has anyone used and been successful with the wet Magic Eraser method? They're not super yellow (I can't walk so have never walked on them), but age and this Seattle weather does things. But if this method works, I might try it first as the yellowing isn't too crazy.
  2. If that doesn't work, I do know about the Salon Care 40 Creme. But with the sole of the 10's having lines the alternate between white and linen, with a Carolina blue Jumpman, do I have to be very careful and make sure to only put the creme on the white parts, or can I put the creme all over the sole without it damaging the colored parts of the rubber outsole?
Thanks in advance for any and all answers.

First time posting in this thread. I rocked my Linen 10s the other day, and I'm thinking about trying to get rid of the yellowing of the rubber outsole. I have two questions about doing so.
  1. Has anyone used and been successful with the wet Magic Eraser method? They're not super yellow (I can't walk so have never walked on them), but age and this Seattle weather does things. But if this method works, I might try it first as the yellowing isn't too crazy.
  2. If that doesn't work, I do know about the Salon Care 40 Creme. But with the sole of the 10's having lines the alternate between white and linen, with a Carolina blue Jumpman, do I have to be very careful and make sure to only put the creme on the white parts, or can I put the creme all over the sole without it damaging the colored parts of the rubber outsole?
Thanks in advance for any and all answers.

the creme will not damage any other colors so nothing to worry about there, it will knock out the yellow. did you try a cleaning with a stiff bristle brush and a good professional cleaner yet? if you did and it's still yellow the salon care 40 volume and saran wrap method will be your best bet. sometimes slight yellowing on the midsole and sole is air pollution/contamination that will come off with a good cleaner.

Is it safe to machine wash white cement 4's? of course ill bag it in a pillowcase, but i'm about to do my monthly shoe cleaning haul and these things seriously need to be washed. im just worried that agitating the midsole will strip the speckling.

Is it safe to machine wash white cement 4's? of course ill bag it in a pillowcase, but i'm about to do my monthly shoe cleaning haul and these things seriously need to be washed. im just worried that agitating the midsole will strip the speckling.
depends on how old they are, the machine might crack the soles or the leather.

I was approached by this company called Swag Kings about 3 months ago and they had asked me to review their product and to give them honest feedback. Like any normal sneakerhead, I was skeptical and almost turned them down but after hearing out the owner's story and how him and a buddy started this company, I decided to give it a shot. They're new to the game (based out of Tennessee) and the customer service was great. They sent out the product and I went to work. Almost all the other cleaning products out there need water and a basin to contain their cleaning solutions. I like the Swag Kings product particularly because you don't need water which makes it super convenient to use. Especially on the go. Anyways, I thought I'd share my thoughts if you guys were curious. I wanted to do another restoration on my channel so I'll be sure to pop back in here if I get that going.

1AC19A39-1AEB-4FEE-8A42-14650EAFDA48.jpeg
Any suggestions on fixing this up would be great. ie redying? and what to use?
I’ve already deep cleaned them with JM, 3 x, helps some but still needs work. This pic was before cleaning them. Hit my inbox if need be.

When customizing Jordan 1’s do you try paint the edges of the leather (where the arrow points); gonna try to custom the game royals into fragments

Attachments

• EECF1277-FC9A-4A36-8BEC-D125ABA954BC.jpeg
    EECF1277-FC9A-4A36-8BEC-D125ABA954BC.jpeg
    270.7 KB · Views: 25
When customizing Jordan 1’s do you try paint the edges of the leather (where the arrow points); gonna try to custom the game royals into fragments

Painting the eyestay and mudguard black while leaving those edges blue would look terrible in my opinion. I'd definitely suggest painting that area. I don't think it takes more than a quick coat or two to change anyway.

1AC19A39-1AEB-4FEE-8A42-14650EAFDA48.jpeg
Any suggestions on fixing this up would be great. ie redying? and what to use?
I’ve already deep cleaned them with JM, 3 x, helps some but still needs work. This pic was before cleaning them. Hit my inbox if need be.
so i just did a pair of 09's that was way worse, the reshoevn8r had no problems cleaning them up and removing what you are seeing on the first try, i didn't even launder them like i usually do cause of the age and the materials they are made out of.

Any recommendations of a good conditioner to use on the toebox of these 2005 flints? I read leather honey is a no-go for white leather.

Attachments

• D26AF56D-E108-4F10-A9E2-A008B582EC8D.jpeg
    D26AF56D-E108-4F10-A9E2-A008B582EC8D.jpeg
    313.6 KB · Views: 29
Any recommendations for a good sneaker restoration shop for a reglue, have a pair of zoom generation 2's that need a full relgue. Have been quoted anywhere from 175$ to 280$ for a reglue seems kind of high. Took to a local cobbler who's glue did nothing for them.

Any recommendations of a good conditioner to use on the toebox of these 2005 flints? I read leather honey is a no-go for white leather.

reshoevn8r, the oils (jojoba and coconut) do a great job at reconditioning and will not damage anything on that shoe. use a soft bristle brush on the uppers and you will be fine.

Any recommendations for a good sneaker restoration shop for a reglue, have a pair of zoom generation 2's that need a full relgue. Have been quoted anywhere from 175$ to 280$ for a reglue seems kind of high. Took to a local cobbler who's glue did nothing for them.
PM me pics and i'll break down the pricing for you and send you a few links to other people also.

Back
Top Bottom