:::OFFICIAL SNEAKER CARE/MAINTENANCE POST::: (It's back!)

Thinking of throwing my low concords in the washer...good idea or bad? Any suggestions would help. Thanks in advance

top load or front? and what are you trying to accomplish lol. if they are dirty invest in a good cleaner and give them a good scrub for pretreatment then do the washing machine. wouldn't recommend front loading washing machines as they will tumble the shoes and could damage them.

Hello. I recently got a pair of usrd Jordan 3 true blues but there are a few signs of wear on them. The "true blue" part of the midsole has some scuffs on it and I was wondering if it was possible to remove or correct it without removing all the paint and painting it over. Also. The Nike Air part of the shoe has some scuffs also. I also wanted to know how you can remove those. Any help is appreciated. I posted some pictures as well.

Attachments

• 20180227_142544.jpg
    20180227_142544.jpg
    168.6 KB · Views: 17
  • 20180227_184834.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 6
  • 20180227_185036.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 6
  • 20180227_142544.jpg
    20180227_142544.jpg
    168.6 KB · Views: 19
  • 20180227_184834.jpg
  • 20180227_184852.jpg
  • 20180227_185007.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 6
Hello. I recently got a pair of usrd Jordan 3 true blues but there are a few signs of wear on them. The "true blue" part of the midsole has some scuffs on it and I was wondering if it was possible to remove or correct it without removing all the paint and painting it over. Also. The Nike Air part of the shoe has some scuffs also. I also wanted to know how you can remove those. Any help is appreciated. I posted some pictures as well.

isopropyl alcohol (99% on amazon for like 6 bucks shipped if you can't get it locally) and q-tips will probably remove most of that and if you do it right you won't remove much if any of the paint beneath.

0C755721-95A1-408A-9D80-73D1E1510802.jpeg
If I store my sneakers like this is that bad? I do wear them as often as I can.

I realize a little dust is a factor but the closet is climate controlled and no sunlight ever comes in.

I just don’t like the look of the drop down boxes plus my wife isn’t cool with it.

Thanks for your opinions!

Can you give some detail in you method of climate control? Thanks

RE9L54A.jpg

Before and after of my classic green 4's, my first time ever doing this, could be better but i think i did alright, let me know what you guys think

Help me out. I have a pair of DS military blue 4s and a pair or Mars Blackmon 4s. I’m hesitant to wear either cause I’m afraid they will just crumble. Any preventative measures I can take to decrease this possible outcome or is this a forgone conclusion at this point?

Best product to clean white mid-sole on 1s? Reshoevn8r? Jason Markk? Any help would be appreciated

Help me out. I have a pair of DS military blue 4s and a pair or Mars Blackmon 4s. I’m hesitant to wear either cause I’m afraid they will just crumble. Any preventative measures I can take to decrease this possible outcome or is this a forgone conclusion at this point?

need pics to help, the bubble condition can help identify midsole weakness sometimes. that and a pic of the tag would help

Best product to clean white mid-sole on 1s? Reshoevn8r? Jason Markk? Any help would be appreciated
is it dirty or yellow? if dirty either cleaner, if yellow go to sallys beauty supply and buy salon care 40 volume creme. cover the midsole in the solution (use gloves and don't get it in your eyes), wrap with saran wrap and put it in direct sunlight for 30 mins at a time. wash off with water in between. do one half of the shoe at a time.

is it dirty or yellow? if dirty either cleaner, if yellow go to sallys beauty supply and buy salon care 40 volume creme. cover the midsole in the solution (use gloves and don't get it in your eyes), wrap with saran wrap and put it in direct sunlight for 30 mins at a time. wash off with water in between. do one half of the shoe at a time.[/QUOTE]

Yeah theyre still new so just dirty, Want the best results, is there a preference between the 2 i listed?

is it dirty or yellow? if dirty either cleaner, if yellow go to sallys beauty supply and buy salon care 40 volume creme. cover the midsole in the solution (use gloves and don't get it in your eyes), wrap with saran wrap and put it in direct sunlight for 30 mins at a time. wash off with water in between. do one half of the shoe at a time.

Yeah theyre still new so just dirty, Want the best results, is there a preference between the 2 i listed?[/QUOTE]

either will work fine, you won't see a difference in end result between them both. I've used both for general cleaning and for a midsole cleaning they are the same including crep and a few other name brand cleaners.

need pics to help, the bubble condition can help identify midsole weakness sometimes. that and a pic of the tag would help

Both are 2006 retros. Air bubbles are a little foggy on both, which I guess is a classic red flag. I pressed down on the outsoles with my fingers and they didn’t cave in and felt firm. Might just wear and see what happens...

Both are 2006 retros. Air bubbles are a little foggy on both, which I guess is a classic red flag. I pressed down on the outsoles with my fingers and they didn’t cave in and felt firm. Might just wear and see what happens...
I have more than a few from around those years (a pair of do the right things i wear often) and they are fine. They are slightly foggy on the bubble but firm also when pressing on the midsole. With them being that age you just have to risk it by wearing them and be prepared to swap them if need be. My 01 BC3's needed a swap and my 99 metallic 5's also but both weren't worn much at all and were stored for years.

I have more than a few from around those years (a pair of do the right things i wear often) and they are fine. They are slightly foggy on the bubble but firm also when pressing on the midsole. With them being that age you just have to risk it by wearing them and be prepared to swap them if need be. My 01 BC3's needed a swap and my 99 metallic 5's also but both weren't worn much at all and were stored for years.

Thanks man. I have mentally prepared myself for the worst. Lol. If they fail, it will be a continuation of a hard lesson in learning, which is to go ahead and enjoy your kicks before they end up becoming wasted money.

Anyone know how to fix this I scraped it on the side of a wall

Attachments

• 81BB9AFA-2079-4CBA-AE76-2E2FEE49381A.jpeg
    81BB9AFA-2079-4CBA-AE76-2E2FEE49381A.jpeg
    212.7 KB · Views: 25
Anyone know how to fix this I scraped it on the side of a wall
if you have isopropyl alcohol (99%) use it an qtips and rub with a little pressure in a circle and it should go away. If you don't have the isopropyl try hand sanitizer. Acetone is a last resort as it's a little harsher.

FDB29611-81F0-4E4F-B5EB-ACA3BF589E5D.jpeg
Picked up some Cool Greys as a project, can anything be done with this scratched patent leather? Paint over and clear coat perhaps?

Back
Top Bottom