:::OFFICIAL SNEAKER CARE/MAINTENANCE POST::: (It's back!)

BB955B8A-1790-477F-B84C-824725F644E1.jpeg

NIKETALK. I've been kind of busy I haven't been able to check and respond to the recent posts. Just want to say this post is so precious because I just got back into restoring and I see yall giving other pointers and advice and that's love! Keep it going and much love from the Bay Area.

My first reglue on some space jam 11s! Cleaned them up, iced with (outdoor + indoor) method, and full reglue on the outsoles. Spot glue on the mids! It's not super flush, some spots are a little off. But it does look pretty good still haha

NIKETALK. I've been kind of busy I haven't been able to check and respond to the recent posts. Just want to say this post is so precious because I just got back into restoring and I see yall giving other pointers and advice and that's love! Keep it going and much love from the Bay Area.

My first reglue on some space jam 11s! Cleaned them up, iced with (outdoor + indoor) method, and full reglue on the outsoles. Spot glue on the mids! It's not super flush, some spots are a little off. But it does look pretty good still haha
Nice! Those soles were yellowed as hell is that the best you could get em? See I’m afraid to let my soles go that far in fear of never being able to fully ice again!

I love how this thread has almost turned into a mini Jordan 11 thread lol as far as the 11 goes it’s the only model that as time goes on I love it more and more. ****ing masterpiece by Tinker I swear.

Nice! Those soles were yellowed as hell is that the best you could get em? See I’m afraid to let my soles go that far in fear of never being able to fully ice again!

I love how this thread has almost turned into a mini Jordan 11 thread lol as far as the 11 goes it’s the only model that as time goes on I love it more and more. ****ing masterpiece by Tinker I swear.

Ya with just salon 40 care I think that was my best. This wasa combination of outdoor and new indoor setup. It came out way icier than I thought. If I used a more legit sauce it could've gotten way icier! I just kept going until I saw no difference.

Haha 11s are a masterpiece and definitely one that can be repaired to last a lifetime!

Instead of un-yellowing a pair of Air Jordan XIs why not sole swap with that recent Jordan Brand shoe that has the same sole?

I forgot the name of it but I think it came out in 2019 or 2018, it's a low-top with a minimalist upper.

Does anyone know the name of the shoe I'm talking about?

Instead of un-yellowing a pair of Air Jordan XIs why not sole swap with that recent Jordan Brand shoe that has the same sole?

I forgot the name of it but I think it came out in 2019 or 2018, it's a low-top with a minimalist upper.

I wouldn't mind doing that but it definitely would cost a lot more money on the person's end. They would have to buy the donor + I would charge them extra for me to separate that donor for the labor

You’d have to find a sole with the same color jump man and same color traction pods. Then you’d have to find a cheap enough pair unless you wanna spend 150+ on a DS pair for a donor.

jordan future, is what I think it was called.

Has anybody noticed the clear soles that Reebok uses? I have Iverson Questions that are 20 years old that don't yellow. They get a darker, dirtier color but not yellow. Which looks a lot better in my opinion.

The part in the middle that doesn't touch the ground stays icey too.

That would cost a lot more than just deoxidizing.

Yea, I know, just offering alternatives.
It would be totally worth it if say I found a DS pair of OG concords or something. Because that would be the ONLY way to have icy soles and plus you would wind up needing to do a reglue anyway might as well swap it while you’re at it.

Help! I've used oxiclean, BKF, jason markk but they always turn out like this!
20200802_161744.jpg
20200802_161747.jpg
20200802_161805.jpg
I did a pair of BEAT 2000 concords once with RIT whitener brightener and it worked pretty well. Didn’t come out fully white but most of the yellow was gone. Then again I only did one session. Sold the shoes after though

Help! I've used oxiclean, BKF, jason markk but they always turn out like this!
20200802_161744.jpg
20200802_161747.jpg
20200802_161805.jpg
Oh **** looks like a perfect candidate for Hill’s whitening method. Check out a few posts back.
B89A14E8-37F7-4345-BB08-D130161A4E52.jpeg

any tips out there to whiten this netting area and/or take the stain out? Thanks in advance!
I’ve looked into whitening the netting on Jordan 4s quite a bit and it ALWAYS leads me to videos of painting the netting white. Always with Angelus paints. Either flat white or white with matte finisher. Airbrushed or regular brush.

Oh **** looks like a perfect candidate for Hill’s whitening method. Check out a few posts back.

I’ve looked into whitening the netting on Jordan 4s quite a bit and it ALWAYS leads me to videos of painting the netting white. Always with Angelus paints. Either flat white or white with matte finisher. Airbrushed or regular brush.
Ahhh ok right on that's what I was hearing a lot too. Airbrush seems the best way. I considered salon 40 care but they said that can mess the leather up

NikeTalk, I'm trying to brain storm! What makes salon 40 care so popular in unyellow shoes? Like does anyone know what it is made of. I know salon 40 care has hydrogen peroxide which helps with the unyellowing but what are the other ingredients that help with unyellowing?

Let's talk!

I've been using Salon Care 50 in the sun and with UV lights and It works well, you just have to be patient.

Do some states not let you buy Salon Care 50 and 40 without a license? Here in Texas you can buy it from any beauty supply store.

Back
Top Bottom