:::OFFICIAL SNEAKER CARE/MAINTENANCE POST::: (It's back!)

roll.gif

Salon Care 50 is extremely good for the cost and the amount you get. I would rather spend like $10 on a 32 oz. bottle that is already extremely effective (like 5x better than the 40 volume creme) than like $20-30 for a small :nerd:z-16.oz bottle that most of those dudes charge for their stuff even if it is slightly better. As always could even add seaglow and/or oxyclean to make the effect stronger to Salon Care. Only problem is that most people can't get the 50 volume creme. 
Salon 50???? 5x better? Sold!  thankyou good sir, never heard of it until now. i know i can find it!

Salon 50???? 5x better? Sold!  thankyou good sir, never heard of it until now. i know i can find it!
Yeah it's a lot stronger, which is also why you need a license to get it (thus most people can't get their hands on it). If you happen to have a local spot that carries it, I would definitely at least try to get it since some places don't really care or they might not know you need a license. They also only ship this stuff through ground/trucks and not air since it's flammable/dangerous,etc.

Yeah it's a lot stronger, which is also why you need a license to get it (thus most people can't get their hands on it). If you happen to have a local spot that carries it, I would definitely at least try to get it since some places don't really care or they might not know you need a license. They also only ship this stuff through ground/trucks and not air since it's flammable/dangerous,etc.
aaah, no worries though, my personal barber is a close homie so i know he'll grab it for me. but yeah preciate it homie, repped

So I just got some bred 11's from 1995 and they need a bit of work. The soles are almost completely off and the midsoles need cleaned. Do I need to worry about the midsoles crumbling or falling apart? Also, what should I use to glue the soles back on... can I just use loctite super glue.

Use e6000. And to my knowledge, that mid sole won't crumble. Apply glue starting from back to front and hold in place with shoe strings or blue painters tape. Plenty of tutorial videos on YouTube I'm sure.

im not even tryna argue with people, i like yall, but can someone answer my original question:

what size laces go in a size 13 AJ5 and who knows a link to get them cheap? I believe its 54in, but someone verify please.

No shade or anything, but seriously...you were trippin over regular white LACES. "LACES...we talkin about laces?" *AI Voice* [emoji]128557[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128557[/emoji]

Did you not have any laces in the V's that you could just remove and measure them YOURSELF? I'm confused. There are 2 standard adult sizes: 45" or 54". Sz 13 is not a standard adult size. It's on the larger side. You just needed to pick the longest one. I know it's all hindsight now but I think people ignored you b/c the post and tantrum were kinda silly and if you stopped and thought for just a second you may have figured it out. Like it didn't take a whole lot of thinking to try that. Worst case- go to Walmart of footlocker and get 2-3 pair to figure it out...you're out $6-$7 MAX.

Anybody tried or knows a way how to re-saturate or any method to bring the color back of a toro 4s? thanks in advance!

Most likely a redye is your best choice but test the colors first before applying to the shoe. Toro is almost red/orange. You will need to lighten and mix some colors to get the right shade.

I need some help for removing gasoline residue/smell from a shoe sole.

My NYC 1s was pumping gas at a station in the rain and there was some gas that mixed in with the rain water near the pump. I didn't notice until i sat back in my car, but my shoes stank of gasoline. Wore them the rest of the evening and next morning tried to clean with dish soap, lysol spray, oxy clean spray. It dulled the smell significantly but there is still a gasoline tinge to the soles.

Is there anything i can use to soak the soles/midsoles or a more heavy/industrial cleaner? I'm not too worried about getting it on the suede portion, will place each shoe in a tinfoil baking dish.
If anyone has any experience cleaning gasoline stains or smells, please let me know. Don't want to have to get rid of these or replace the shoes.

If the baking soda thing doesn't work I hear FTL odor eliminator really works.

I don't mean to derail:

How can I clean dirt/gunk from durabuck? I put my Playoff 8's and Raptor 7's through it a while back. They've been bathing in dirt and soap and water won't do.

What would you guys recommend?

Thanks in advcance!!

If you've tried the different cleaners to no avail then go ahead and do the laundry method. Put it in a mesh bag or pillowcase with heel sides touching and run it on the COLD delicate cycle. Make sure you use some detergent in the wash. Also, stuff the shoes toe boxes with bags or shoe trees before you wash them to prevent toe box creasing.

Let them air dry stuffed for a few days.

So I just got some bred 11's from 1995 and they need a bit of work. The soles are almost completely off and the midsoles need cleaned. Do I need to worry about the midsoles crumbling or falling apart? Also, what should I use to glue the soles back on... can I just use loctite super glue.

Midsoles are pretty durable on 11's. Use barge cement/contact cement to reglue.

IIs it better to use 40 cream or paint midsoles first?
What shoe are you working with that you're putting salon care on the midsole and then repainting it?

Or are you talking about whether to paint a midsole vs putting salon care on the actual sole/bottom of shoe? If you're talking about painting midsole vs. using salon care on the sole, it shouldn't really matter if you do a good job on either, but if you really want an answer, I would clear the sole first just because something could go wrong with plastic wrap or the hydrogen peroxide I guess that might affect the paint (but probably won't).
11's have a phylon midsole, they will not crumble. Polyurethane midsoles are the ones that commonly crack (Jordan 2 - Jordan 9 / 10(?))

How to clean midsole:

Video only uses dish soap, but I personally use detergent/dish soap & then bleach which is very strong and more effective on whitening than just cleaning soap/detergent. Only use bleach on white midsoles though and obviously clean the bleach off after applying.

How to remove midsole creases:

How to reglue:

Recommended glues are e6000, barge cement...

Does the salon care 40 take the blue tint out of the sole?
No, it will restore the sole back into it's original form, so if if you were to do it on a 2011 Jordan 11 Concord, the soles will be icy blue/purple or a 2000 Space Jam, the sole would be icy white. What Salon Care or any of those "sauces" do is remove oxidation. By removing the oxidation, the color and the look of the regular sole comes back. Oxidation occurs with time and wear, so it'll happen no matter what, but there are ways to slow down the process or reverse it like with Salon Care, retr0bright,etc.

So does oxyclean help at all? Not necessary? Just the Salon 40 is good enough?
I personally use oxyclean, and a lot of people say it does help (as do I). I have also seen post comparing results with oxyclean and without and oxyclean did make a noticable difference. The way I see it is, you don't have to use it, but if you think it can help and since it's so relatively cheap and common, why not? I can't factually prove it certainly makes a huge difference, but I feel like when I don't use it, the process seems a lot slower.

I had some good weather in my area today. I was able to do a 8 hour session today on my low top Carolina blue xi and on my cherry red low top xi. I'm going to leave the 40 volume cream on them and take them to work with me and put them on the roof of my car. For another 6-8.

http://s307.photobucket.com/user/johnnel23/media/Mobile Uploads/20150412_195627.jpg.html
You know you're supposed to re-apply the Salon Care every session right? Like you do everything, let it sit out in the sun for 1-2hours max, then clean it and apply the sauce + food wrap again then repeat for 1-2hours max and repeat over and over. The way you worded the last part of your post seems like you're going to do one 6-8 hour session outside so I just wanted to make sure lol.

That 1-2 hours is if the Soles are still on the shoes to avoid sole separation. These soles were brown when I started and after like the third season of just 40 cream they have came back.

That 1-2 hours is if the Soles are still on the shoes to avoid sole separation. These soles were brown when I started and after like the third season of just 40 cream they have came back.
No not necessarily, that is one reason, but not the only reason. If you have a lot of sunlight, the Salon Care will eventually dissipate because it's working. After an hour or two of strong contact with sunlight, you'll see most of the Salon Care gone, and then the sole of the shoe is just dry because all of the Salon Care is gone from heat/sunlight. At that point, you're basically just frying/cooking your sole in heat if you don't re-apply the Salon Care.

If there is some sun, but it is cold, you'll see the Salon Care stay on the shoe and basically get dried onto the sole, so the Salon Care residue is still on there. Often times when it is cold, the sun UV light/rays aren't as strong as it when it is warm (probably a correlation there), so the effect of the Salon Care isn't as good, and the the sole still has Salon Care on it, but it's dried residue. Or the coldness freezes the Salon Care onto the sole and it doesn't melt/diffuse,etc. completely onto the sole and again, it just becomes dried residue.

I promise you, if you apply one sole with one application of Salon Care and leave out for 8 hours vs. another sole with multiple applications when the Salon Care dries off/dissipates/when you see the Salon Care disappear off the Sole (so essentially every 1-2 hours), the later will produce better results. Will your method work? Sure because it still counts as 1 extremely long session, but the way I'm trying to explain to you on how to do it counts as multiple sessions since you continue to re-apply the sauce and it simply just makes sense.  I have no reason to lie to you man.
what's the best way if their is one to get rid of scuffs on the black red jordan 4's swede toe box
Would recommend posting some pics. Is the suede scuffed and peeling? Or is it just a mark and a scratch? How deep the is scuff or is just scuff marks? A lot of the answers could be solved with a detailed pic.

Would recommend trying to clean the shoe first with some laundry detergent/dish soap + warm water and brushing  the spot to see if it'll come off because it could just be dirty/stained. Could also use any of those shoe cleaning products.

If the scuff persist, you're probably going to look into re-dyeing the area to try and blend the scuff in better or hopefully fill it in with dye to have it less noticeable. Wouldn't recommend it for you, unless you know what you're doing, but a paint + dye combo could work if it is a deep scuff/cut.

This video looks like it sucks and all the guy pretty much did is use a magic eraser to clean the nubuck...but I didn't watch the entire thing, so there might be more info:

How to re-dye:

How to restore fading suede/nubuck,etc.

When doing 40 cream sessions, is there anything special to use between sessions and before re applying the 40 cream? Should I wipe anything that's left off or just re apply? Thanks

When doing 40 cream sessions, is there anything special to use between sessions and before re applying the 40 cream? Should I wipe anything that's left off or just re apply? Thanks
I just do a quick rinse with water to clear all the left over residue and then wipe it down with a towel, when it's decently dry, just re-apply and repeat.

Wondering if there's anything i can do for this scratch on my Bordeauxs. Tried using a suede brush but didn't do much.

has anyone else loss traction from using salon 40? i was using it on a shoe and when i went to wear it, i could almost slip n slide everywhere including pavement. 

I'm about to paint the midsoles on stealth grey 5's. I ordered the grey from angelus direct and don't know if I should have ordered the light grey. If anyone has a minute can you look and let me know what you think.

Back
Top Bottom