:::OFFICIAL SNEAKER CARE/MAINTENANCE POST::: (It's back!)

Hey guys im in dire need of help. Im stressing cuz i think i ruined my bel air 5s. I used jason markk to clean them and on the one shoe i definitely used too much water and now the toe box is much darker than its supposed to be. Is there anyone that can help me get these back to how they need to be? Id be very grateful for any help. Thanks

I want to repaint these steel 10s. Would it be better to repaint the whole shoe or just the toe cap. Also,can i just use angelus white or do i have to mix colors?

i have not used it yet but get the neutral (white) angelus leather dye and hit them up first with that and put a few very light coats so that if it does crack its not very noticeable unlike my freshwater griffeys lol

Do you guys have any tips on oils/waxes that I can use to soften dried leather?

the right shoe is drier

i just bought the Kiwi leather restorer and used it on my 94 1s and it works awesome! here it is and i got it at Nordstrom Rack btw for like 5 bucks... Amazon product ASIN B0010TJ9HUand if you need a couple for cheaper than that i can run by and scoop you some no problem, let me know.

i tried using a newer tooth brush but i dont think its hard enough. Ill have to see if they have somethinf better at walMary. Thank u for ur input

Has anyone tried or does anyone know if any of the sole sauces would work on these???

Found them for a great price but didnt wanna waste time buying them if the Carolina blue cant be cleared.

Thanks in advance

It's not gonna happen. It's a colored transparent (kinda) plastic, and no treatment would bring that back. It's under the surface. They're 13 years old and no sights of a retro, just accept it. Only thing you'll want to really worry about is sole separation

Here's what mine looks like

Use regular black and add matte finish to get that gloss back.. I have the same issue but only on one side.. I just left it alone.

Thanks brother! Honestly I was thinking to leave it as well but that particular spot and a few others are just horrible and it's driving me crazy

Might be unrelated considering it's in the Jordan forums, but how do you clean leather laces? You know, those thick squared types. Mine untangled and went for a ride down the sole, it was a while before I noticed and now they're all mucky. Any help is appreciated, thanks.

Hey guys im in dire need of help. Im stressing cuz i think i ruined my bel air 5s. I used jason markk to clean them and on the one shoe i definitely used too much water and now the toe box is much darker than its supposed to be. Is there anyone that can help me get these back to how they need to be? Id be very grateful for any help. Thanks
Did you just cleaned them cause if you did the water should evaporate pretty quickly. I'm not exactly sure if Bel Airs are suede cause I never seen the shoe in person but if it is just brush it in a certain direction and the color should come back

It's not gonna happen. It's a colored transparent (kinda) plastic, and no treatment would bring that back. It's under the surface. They're 13 years old and no sights of a retro, just accept it. Only thing you'll want to really worry about is sole separation

Here's what mine looks like

Have you tried saucing them? i only ask because this whole sauce revolution was started by computer guys who wanted their original computer pieces (plastic) to not be yellow anymore, i say try it and let us know if the sauce works @pacmagic2002

Have any of you guys heard or used ig@valuablerestorationsllc, I need some feedback before I decide to pull the trigger on some work.

any know how to rempve paint from elephant print? i was stripping the midsole on my true blue 3s with acetone when some of it dripped and dried on the elephant print. i tried scrubbing it out and it kinda works but not how  need it to. so can anyone tell me how to compltetly remove it or do i just have to repaint all?

any know how to rempve paint from elephant print? i was stripping the midsole on my true blue 3s with acetone when some of it dripped and dried on the elephant print. i tried scrubbing it out and it kinda works but not how  need it to. so can anyone tell me how to compltetly remove it or do i just have to repaint all?
 I would jsut repaint over it. It depends how used the pair would be, but usually you can see slight grooves of how the elephant print use to be. Its definately not going to come out perfect no matter how you do it, but I would just follow the grooves as close as possible

Shrink Wrap/Saran Wrap the shoe w/ some silica gel packets in the shoe. Put it in the box, take out the paper, and place it in a dark, cool, dry area like a closet

Storing your shoes like this is begging for them to crumble and fall apart.

They cant breathe wrapped in plastic which dries out the shoe and causes the midsoles to crumble. Especially on 3s. 4s. 5s 6s. Also the silica packs are going to further exacerbate the problem by pulling even more moisture out of the shoe.

I fold up the paper. Put it at the bottom of the box. Wrap the shoe in a towel and store in dark closet away from excess heat

Last edited:
On my 91 Black Infrareds, there's a spot on the back panels of the leather that feels soft and doesn't feel like leather. It feels more like suede or something similar. Does anyone know how to fix that?

It's a hard to see but it starts from the R and swoosh and goes to the air bubble. I think that's what it's called.

Back
Top Bottom