:::OFFICIAL SNEAKER CARE/MAINTENANCE POST::: (It's back!)

Originally Posted by vi3tboik3v

Wait, I just reread that. I don't mean the toe box! I mean the sides!
Don't even wear your shoes if you're THAT worried about creases. Your foot HAS to bend for you to walk. They're going to eventuallycrease in some way. The wearable shoe trees will help the most for the sides, the force fields won't do jack if that's what you want. You should acceptthat shoes are meant to be worn, and if you don't want creases that bad then just stock them in the closet so you can look at them.

Someone stepped on my CDP XVII's, and now a spot looks like its fading or something, how do i clean it?

Better yet how do u keep the CDP XVII's clean?

How about unwrinkling the creases near the heel of the leather upper on the XI's near the Jumpman? Too scared to try an iron. Anything?

Originally Posted by OperationTorch2

How about unwrinkling the creases near the heel of the leather upper on the XI's near the Jumpman? Too scared to try an iron. Anything?
PICTURES.PICTURES.PICTURES.
nobody knows the area you are trying to "unwrinkle". I rather not iron anything, as it will weaken the material causing it to crease even MORE.besides ironing, nothing is proven to reduce wrinkling

Originally Posted by USABasketball08

Someone stepped on my CDP XVII's, and now a spot looks like its fading or something, how do i clean it?

PICTURES PICTURES PICTURES. we dont know what type of "spot" is on your shoe. pictures help us, help you.
Suede/Nubuck cleaner for cleaning your CDP XVIIs in general

Originally Posted by USABasketball08

First clean them with a soft suede brush. Not thwe erasers cuz it messes up the suede. Target sells a good one from the brand called kiwi andits $5 bucks. Then after cleaning it, add a little baby oil on the spot that looks faded. Not alot of baby oil but a drop and make circles around the area.

Originally Posted by n1c3jack3t

I've been asking around ISS, and everyone swears by RIT. I've followed two guides provided to me on how to use the RIT, and I've gotten absolutely no results in getting my yellowed conc 11 mesh to be white again.

Now, I tried some BKF on one side of the left shoe, and once it dried it was probably 1 more application away from being as white as they should be! But still, everyone on ISS is telling me not to use BKF cause it "sucks" and it "ruins the mesh". Anyone have any results with RIT? Or any tips on getting it to work welll? The people recommending RIT have experience with it, but I'm just not getting results. I did get a little of that black/blue bleed through from the BKF though.

This is what they looked like prior to any RIT/BKF, and they still look like this besides the one white side from the BKF. Is there a more detailed guide on here on how to correctly use BKF?
Try Barkeeper's Friend. Its on the first page.

Originally Posted by erick10

I've been asking around ISS, and everyone swears by RIT. I've followed two guides provided to me on how to use the RIT, and I've gotten absolutely no results in getting my yellowed conc 11 mesh to be white again.

Now, I tried some BKF on one side of the left shoe, and once it dried it was probably 1 more application away from being as white as they should be! But still, everyone on ISS is telling me not to use BKF cause it "sucks" and it "ruins the mesh". Anyone have any results with RIT? Or any tips on getting it to work welll? The people recommending RIT have experience with it, but I'm just not getting results. I did get a little of that black/blue bleed through from the BKF though.

This is what they looked like prior to any RIT/BKF, and they still look like this besides the one white side from the BKF. Is there a more detailed guide on here on how to correctly use BKF?
I heard it ruins the material on the mesh when you use that, if that's true, i would say use RIT.

Originally Posted by FPSee

I heard it ruins the material on the mesh when you use that, if that's true, i would say use RIT.

Well I used it when I had my DMP 11s and it worked but then sold dem to my homie so ill ask him how they are

Originally Posted by FPSee

Well I used it when I had my DMP 11s and it worked but then sold dem to my homie so ill ask him how they are

from ISS:

Air Jordan XI
Let me differentiate. Many people jump to using Bar Keeper's Friend to solve a simple dirt stain. Keep in mind BFK ruins the luster of the nylon mesh andgives it a pasty flat dull look.
-nylon mesh is dirty. Clean it with the mesh cleaning method.
-nylon mesh is yellowed. You have the option of using Bar Keeper's Friend, but use it at your own discretion. That stuff is toxic.
-yellowed lace loops. This you can pretty much fix with Bar Keeper's Friend without much worry. Just make sure to cover up any exposed areas with a drywhite towel to prevent any accidental BFK overflow.

i bought a bottle of some footlocker suede nubuck cleaner today. i need to clean up my aquas and touch up my hairs. i just wanted to know if it will make thecolors run or stain on either shoes or if there is anything special i have to do to clean them up. thanks.

Originally Posted by jaguarkicks

any tips on cleaning my lighting iv's
they're made out of suede right?
suede spray/brush

Originally Posted by fran215kill

i bought a bottle of some footlocker suede nubuck cleaner today. i need to clean up my aquas and touch up my hairs. i just wanted to know if it will make the colors run or stain on either shoes or if there is anything special i have to do to clean them up. thanks.
nope, just get the suede brush if you can.

any body got tips on how to clean some hares
i got some water on them and tried patting it dry but now there looks like its a dirt spot

How do I dye my suede different colours?
I have some black suede shoes and would like to make them a normal(true) blue colour. What kinds of dyes would I use?

Thank you

Originally Posted by bradlasseigne

any body got tips on how to clean some hares
i got some water on them and tried patting it dry but now there looks like its a dirt spot

PICTURES HELP US, HELP YOU.

Originally Posted by shottyblood

How do I dye my suede different colours?
I have some black suede shoes and would like to make them a normal(true) blue colour. What kinds of dyes would I use?

Thank you
Angelus leather dye works best, but must be applied with extreme caution as it will bleed. (ISS)

Originally Posted by leako

cure for crackin??? anyone..this is a major problem for all J's

There's no cure for cracking, once its cracked, ITS CRACKED. You'll need to use epoxy or caulk to fill in the cracks.

how can i clean the toebox area on my Hare vii's? they got stepped on and theyre dirty everything just keeps spreading the dirt rather then cleaning it.

thanks 4 the homemade toeboxes!just did it and it works great
happy.gif
smile.gif
wink.gif

does anybody know how to switch up the soles on the xi's? i want to put the soles from my low top xi's onto my concords

Originally Posted by stayfresh25

does anybody know how to switch up the soles on the xi's? i want to put the soles from my low top xi's onto my concords
well you can try melting the glue that's between the midsole and the sole. you would have to put your shoes outside in sunlight so it can meltthe glue thats under it. thats one way i took my CG XIs off, when i tried seaglowing....

Originally Posted by MJLeon23

how can i clean the toebox area on my Hare vii's? they got stepped on and theyre dirty everything just keeps spreading the dirt rather then cleaning it.

PICTURES HELP US, HELP YOU.

i'm not sure what the material is on the Hares, but if its suede, just get a suede eraser. that always works

could i get some help on how to take the yellowing off the sole of these and also the yellowing/dirt off the tounge please! pics were taking with flash so itdoesn't look as bad.

Back
Top Bottom