:::OFFICIAL SNEAKER CARE/MAINTENANCE POST::: (It's back!)

I recently had a fire at my house. It happened in my bedroom where of course all my shoes were. I ended up losing about 15-20 pairs including my concords and space jams which were my grails. They melted to nothing. I did get to pull about 30 pair out but they are all smoke damaged. Does anyone know what I can try to do to get the smoke smell out of them. Really hoping to save what I can.

Man, the most important is that your still alive. It happened to a friend too and he was using the little trees you put on the car to remove the smell, use these maybe youll get results

Thanks, I actually wasn't home yet. I luckily met some people after work or I would have been home sleeping. That fire started around midnight

In a Ziploc snack bag is perfect.

The receipt isn't actual ink, but it is laser printed and that transfers from the paper to the shoe and leaves a strain. Those marks most certainly are from the receipt paper. If you don't believe me then keep placing your receipt in with icy soles, and keep coming back here to ask how to fix it with no solution.

Good I don't understand why people feel the need to argue everything.
I'm not sure if you've read any of my posts but it's happened to 2 of my 11s neither had a reciept in the box.
And if we know what caused the mark why can't u or anybody else come up with a fix? Honestly curious myself

Last edited:
I recently had a fire at my house. It happened in my bedroom where of course all my shoes were. I ended up losing about 15-20 pairs including my concords and space jams which were my grails. They melted to nothing. I did get to pull about 30 pair out but they are all smoke damaged. Does anyone know what I can try to do to get the smoke smell out of them. Really hoping to save what I can.

Damn man that sucks thankfully you ok. I would just try a regular full cleaning maybe? Any way sorry for your loss and maybe u can clean the to your liking or clean them enough to sell them.

Damn man that sucks thankfully you ok. I would just try a regular full cleaning maybe? Any way sorry for your loss and maybe u can clean the to your liking or clean them enough to sell them.

Yeah I would give them a cleaning ASAP. Perhaps stuff them with newspapers that have been sprayed with white vinegar. Maybe put them in a bag with coffee grounds.

Wore my white cement 4's to a party last week, and a colleague managed to spill red wine on them
mean.gif

Any suggestions on how to remove it from the fabric below the mesh? 

Update: Forgot I had sprayed them with nano block
happy.gif
 Used Jason Markk and they're as god as new 
pimp.gif

Last edited:
Anyone now how to remove this scuff/paint?[ATTACHMENT=12191]image.jpeg (1,934k. jpeg file)[/ATTACHMENT]

Tried the salon 40 care thingy...did not worked, i need a way to get these joints fresh again if yall know a trick that will preserve the kicks n not destroy em, respect

Tried the salon 40 care thingy...did not worked, i need a way to get these joints fresh again if yall know a trick that will preserve the kicks n not destroy em, respect

My FA exclusive black patent 89s yellowed like this. Just ended up painting them. Seems to be the fastest and most effective method for white rubber. Using SC40 or similar methods would probably work but it's much more time consuming and I worry about the long term effects of it on the rubber.

It made the rubber super dry after everytime i applied SC40, now im more hesitant into unDSin' them dont want em to crack under 250lbs lol

Are you talking about the jumpman or nike air logo? If so it varies, some comes of after 1 wear some never. Like my 99 black red 4s.
Yup, the jumpman and the nike air on the insole. got some mids and it came off after few wears

I'm not sure if you've read any of my posts but it's happened to 2 of my 11s neither had a reciept in the box.
And if we know what caused the mark why can't u or anybody else come up with a fix? Honestly curious myself

because im not a chemist and dont know how to extract color from a clear rubber material, nor is anyone in this group.
i read what you said, but the receipt is the culprit pretty much 99% of the time, whether its from you, previous owner, ect.
regardless of the cause, the issue is the same and we do not have a solution that is confirmed to work.
i personally will not be assisting in the venture to find a solution because i never put my receipt in with my shoes without a baggy, and i've never had this issue with any of my shoes.

Last edited:

very sorry to hear about this unfortunate event, tough to deal with for anybody im sure, regardless of what is lost.
to answer your question (and i know im late), have you tried Ozium? i have been told it is the best at removing unwanted odors.
i bought it to remove the weed smell from a pair of used shoes i had bought locally, but sold them before my bottle came in.
i just cleaned them inside and out with jason mark and soaked the laces in hot water and JM/other cleaners.
my approach HELPED but it did not do wonders. give Ozium a try if you havent already
i bought mine on amazon, but about a month ago i saw a 2 pack at Costco for pretty cheap.

very sorry to hear about this unfortunate event, tough to deal with for anybody im sure, regardless of what is lost.
to answer your question (and i know im late), have you tried Ozium? i have been told it is the best at removing unwanted odors.
i bought it to remove the weed smell from a pair of used shoes i had bought locally, but sold them before my bottle came in.
i just cleaned them inside and out with jason mark and soaked the laces in hot water and JM/other cleaners.
my approach HELPED but it did not do wonders. give Ozium a try if you havent already
i bought mine on amazon, but about a month ago i saw a 2 pack at Costco for pretty cheap.
fabreeze?

because im not a chemist and dont know how to extract color from a clear rubber material, nor is anyone in this group.
i read what you said, but the receipt is the culprit pretty much 99% of the time, whether its from you, previous owner, ect.
regardless of the course, the issue is the same and we do not have a solution that is confirmed to work.
i personally will not be assisting in the venture to find a solution because i never put my receipt in with my shoes without a baggy, and i've never had this issue with any of my shoes.
Dog it's not the reciept tho

Back
Top Bottom