:::OFFICIAL SNEAKER CARE/MAINTENANCE POST::: (It's back!)

like i said before in the earlier post, you might want to get a clamp either wood or metal clamp. this will help especially around the toe box. i know whatyour talking about with the toe box. what i did was made sure that the area your going to reseal with the shoe goo or gorilla glue or whatever adhesive is yourcup of tea is cleaned up before adding the glue. i mean if your gonna take the time to fix your kicks, don't you at least want to make sure its doneproper? anyways, i ended up clamping around the toe box area after using shoe goo on each end of my columbia's. it's a lot easier to do this toward theend of the day so you can let it sit overnight and give enough time to dry. you can inspect it the next morning and just apply in needed areas that didn'tseal to your liking. remember, there's 2 diffent types of shoe goo, the clear one and the black one. since you have clear soles, don't use the blackshoe goo or any other glue that is color due to the clear soles. it ends up taking away from the beauty of them in the end.

So I recently cleaned a pair of XI's. I cleaned one shoe with Bar Keepers Friend, and one with RIT.

For the Bar Keepers Friend, I dampened the mesh first. Then I mix the BKF with water, until it had a milk consistency. I used a toothbrush and just brushedit all over the shoe. Then I rinsed it under cold water for a couple minutes. Make sure to use something with some high pressure. The results were ok, butnothing great.

So I did it a second time, but this time I made a paste out of the BKF and water. I scrubbed the paste into the shoe, and let it sit for about a minute ortwo. Then I rinsed it under the high pressure cold water, and let it dry by a fan. This worked MUCH MUCH better. Here are the pics.

5b625a0eaa581a7790d86b3cfbf48357dc9f7d0.jpg

The shoe on the right is the shoe cleaned with BKF, the left is original condition of the shoes.

7cb35098ee1a567aad48930b825627142880f00.jpg

Again, shoe on left is BKF, shoe on right is original.

4f22554e6e581a9b98d8c9f8fc8510337d17d86.jpg

Kind of blurry, but just to give you an idea of the two shoes, no flash. Shoe on right is cleaned with BKF.

Then I cleaned the other shoe with RIT, the Whitener version. I used the directions the one poster said. First, I used a cup of boiling water, and a quartercup of Color Safe Bleach. Scrubbed that in with a toothbrush. I didn't rinse the shoe after, I left the solution on the shoe. Then I took a cup ofboiling water and a tablespoon of the RIT. Mixed it together well, and then applied it with a toothbrush. Then, I took some boiling water and brushed theshoe just to get the RIT and Bleach out. I repeated this process TWICE, since I did it twice with BKF. Onto the pics...

2432528e2c539af89708cccfb33d116bbaa3b0b.jpg

BKF on top, RIT on bottom.

e3f35c59e1ce5427a18090bc8564d5d50a5e94c.jpg

RIT on top shoe, BKF on bottom shoe.

39115ae55ba5908b732e08c21c6c95d796c412e.jpg

BKF on top shoe, RIT on left shoe.

Overall, both worked pretty damn good. The first pictures don't really show just how dirty these shoes were.

I would say the BKF worked a little better. The BKF shoe appears to be just a tad whiter and brighter.

If anyone has any questions, let me know. I'll be glad to help.

Originally Posted by HWBurnz

So I recently cleaned a pair of XI's. I cleaned one shoe with Bar Keepers Friend, and one with RIT.

For the Bar Keepers Friend, I dampened the mesh first. Then I mix the BKF with water, until it had a milk consistency. I used a toothbrush and just brushed it all over the shoe. Then I rinsed it under cold water for a couple minutes. Make sure to use something with some high pressure. The results were ok, but nothing great.

So I did it a second time, but this time I made a paste out of the BKF and water. I scrubbed the paste into the shoe, and let it sit for about a minute or two. Then I rinsed it under the high pressure cold water, and let it dry by a fan. This worked MUCH MUCH better. Here are the pics.

5b625a0eaa581a7790d86b3cfbf48357dc9f7d0.jpg

The shoe on the right is the shoe cleaned with BKF, the left is original condition of the shoes.

7cb35098ee1a567aad48930b825627142880f00.jpg

Again, shoe on left is BKF, shoe on right is original.

4f22554e6e581a9b98d8c9f8fc8510337d17d86.jpg

Kind of blurry, but just to give you an idea of the two shoes, no flash. Shoe on right is cleaned with BKF.

Then I cleaned the other shoe with RIT, the Whitener version. I used the directions the one poster said. First, I used a cup of boiling water, and a quarter cup of Color Safe Bleach. Scrubbed that in with a toothbrush. I didn't rinse the shoe after, I left the solution on the shoe. Then I took a cup of boiling water and a tablespoon of the RIT. Mixed it together well, and then applied it with a toothbrush. Then, I took some boiling water and brushed the shoe just to get the RIT and Bleach out. I repeated this process TWICE, since I did it twice with BKF. Onto the pics...

2432528e2c539af89708cccfb33d116bbaa3b0b.jpg

BKF on top, RIT on bottom.

e3f35c59e1ce5427a18090bc8564d5d50a5e94c.jpg

RIT on top shoe, BKF on bottom shoe.

39115ae55ba5908b732e08c21c6c95d796c412e.jpg

BKF on top shoe, RIT on left shoe.

Overall, both worked pretty damn good. The first pictures don't really show just how dirty these shoes were.

I would say the BKF worked a little better. The BKF shoe appears to be just a tad whiter and brighter.

If anyone has any questions, let me know. I'll be glad to help.

thanks for the info. where can u buy rit also. thanks

rit can be bought at target, wal-mart. just look for it in the laundry section next to whitners and soaps. small bottle, shouldn't run you more than $2.

I wanted to know, what would be the best way to go about getting the material around the toe box of these metallic silver 1's back to it's originalcolor and take off the marks they have on them. I tried cleaning the mud that I got on them with soap and water like an idiot long time ago and now it kindadried the material around the toe box a little and some of the mud some what dried to them, making them like a brownish color. Any suggestions would be muchappreciated! Thanks NT'er's!

1255qp0.jpg

3094ppi.jpg

fp9tuo.jpg

Originally Posted by p5jay2

I got a problem with my retro X
Right shoe's air must be damaged. It feels thinner than left shoe's air insole and it squeaks every step. What should i do?
Can anyone help me out ???

Hello there,

3 days ago I noticed that my AJ XIII flints' sole is starting to get pink. How come? What can I do? Please help me!

for the metallic silver 1's, try magic eraser and see if it helps. but imo i think you're gonna have to live with them the way they are now.

for the x's, if it only was a squeak when you walk, you could of tried baby powder. but with your condition, i think it must have a leak inside of thesole. really not anything you can do about this. time to find another pair of x's to replace these and make them you beaters now.

for the flints, can't really give you advice unless you can post pics to show exactly what's going on.

wats the best way to clean the back tab on these? they r not that bad yet, but i wana start preserving them before they get all nasty like some ive seen pplsIII's get.

for the laney's, i think you could seaglow for the front of the shoe. i had a similar yellowing with my midnight navy vi's in the front. i used seaglowand it cleaned it up in a couple of applications.

not the greatest pics but my homeboy got his 11's really beat in gym class ( i know
smh.gif
) i never had this problem with my pair , never seen this problem on any11's period . suggestion's ?

1.squeakeness to the x's- use baby powder. remove the insole and apply some baby powder inside of the shoe. should take away your noise
2. xi's condition- tell your friend his shoes are done. they're already have turned yellow with the patent leather due to oxizidation. seems like hedidn't take the best care of them by the fact that the patent leather is all cracked and ripped so easily after wearing them in gym. need to use a leathercleaner like meguiar's or armor all to recondition the patent leather after wearing them every once in a while. your friend's shoes probably were alldried out in this area. wear and tear and with it being dried out makes it much easier to crease and rip. next time tell your friend to wear some xii's ingym. they last longer and don't get beat to sh*t as easily.

Hey I was wondering what should I do now since like the little clip thing on my jordan 8s broke off
Like can I get it repaired somewhere but if not I can always try to buy another pair (from the black and chrome 8s)

hey guysss , i jus got a pair of XI cobalt , 100% ds and ICEYY as f**kkk
i dont want it to yellow ? what can i do ? should i take out the wrapping paper ?
plsss help me out !!

some people like to wrap their shoes in plastic wrap or plastic bags to prevent the air flow to stop yellowing. it's up to you if you want to do this ornot. do you wonder why when some people decide to sell their kicks 5 or 10 years later still in these plastic sleeves they say "don't recommendwearing, wear at your own risk"? it's because the shoe has not been allowed to breathe, therefore drying up the leather, glue dries up, air bubblebecomes dry, midsoles starts to crack and crumble, etc. if you really want to enjoy the "ice" look, just seaglow them after a couple of wears. themore you prevent the start of the yellowing process, the easier it is to keep them that way. just keep the shoes in the original box and store in a dark closetif not wearing them.

I have little tiny marks on the suede on my burgundy 5s. how do i fix them? what product can be used to clean the suede?

Originally Posted by Diab0531

I have little tiny marks on the suede on my burgundy 5s. how do i fix them? what product can be used to clean the suede?
There is something called the suede eraser, it comes with a sponge-like item. u can get it at footlocker, champs, and target has them.

Back
Top Bottom