Official Soccer Jersey Thread

Is Drake the reason the pink away Juve kits are dried up? I planned on picking one up during the after season clearance sales, and I did not expect them to go ghost so fast.

Is Drake the reason the pink away Juve kits are dried up? I planned on picking one up during the after season clearance sales, and I did not expect them to go ghost so fast.

Probably, I've seen a lot of people on social media with that jersey.

Quick question, if I buy a jersey like the one in the picture will there be enough space to place a respect patch on the left sleeve? I'm thinking of buying one of aztecasoccer but I'm worried the left sleeve won't have enough space for the respect patch.

Are the font for Juve's kits this year the same as last years? And does the nameset from a previous season work well with the next season if it's the same?

Is the consesus still to go one size up on the latest Nike match kits? I've seen a couple of people saying they run really baggy this year.

Just want to double check before I order the Usa home and away from soccerpro.

I should have gotten this years Madrid home jersey authentic while it was on sale :smh:

They're still around but not got $50 :smh: I slept too hard.

It's been explained numerous times since the inception of this thread. The subject literally comes up every 6 pages or so, so I'm sure people are tired of explaining the differences. An authentic is the retail version of what the players wear on the field. It will come with small differences, such as stiched details like the brand logo and club crest and a stiched piece of fabric for the wash tag instructions.

A 'player issue' will only come in the specific player's size, as they are straight from the kit room from the club. For example, you won't find a Balotelli player issue in a size small because he wears a size large.

this is the thing. A lot of different websites and sellers are confusing the use of the words authentic and player issue.
From what I learned player issue can mean authentic kits sold to the public [P2R (Player 2 Replica) with stitched wash tag] and also kits exactly being worn by players on the pitch(with printed wash tag).

I believe a lot of people don't use the word "authentic" and use the words player issue instead because they believe they feel they are
Explaining the authencity rather than it being a player version. (If that makes sense).

So player issues can mean 2 things. For example, Adidas P2R(authentics sold to the public)(Formotion, Techfit, Adizero) will come with standard sizing from S,M,L,XL.
The player issues that are worn by the actual players might come with number sizings from size 2 to 13(Formotion, Techfit, Adizero).
It is not guaranteed all player issues come with number sizings since some clubs will use replica kits(Climacool).

Now with Nike their P2R will come with stitched on wash tags. The authentic being worn on pitch will come with printed wash labels.
Like I said, not all clubs will have same features, for example J-League(Japan) Nike player issues have a stitched wash tag.
Once again not all clubs will use the standard authentic version with ventholes and use the replica/fan version instead.

It's very confusing honestly since each club will have different features. Also depends on the season of the kits.
Not all authentic/player issues come with heat pressed & stitched manufacturer logo or club crest etc.

Now back to what I was saying before, player issue doesn't necessarily mean it's an actual player shirt.
Reason why some websites and sellers will use the term "match issue/worn/unworn".
Now the match issued shirts are the actual shirts that were prepped for the players. Could be worn or not worn.

I do agree with you about a player issue shirt actually being issued to the actual player but so many of terms is what confuses people.
Correct me if I'm wrong though. Sorry about this confusing post as well lol I was getting confused writing it. If you're confused reading this quote the part and I'll try to break it down.

Last edited:
That indeed is the important point to make-- even when you differentiate between player issue and authentic retail versions, the distinctions can vary to the point of there being no difference at all.

For example, currently in MLS, the players wear the "authentic" version adizero jerseys that are the 100% exact same thing that is available at retail for the the general public. And this applies for every team, as adidas has a league-wide contract, with the league run as a single entity.

For most other leagues, however, individual clubs have their own kit supplier deals, and "player issue"/match prepared jerseys usually differ from retail "authentics", but they can vary in different ways for each club, year, home/away, etc.

Last edited:
I hear that Qatar had signed on for one more year with Barcelona and Amazon is going to take over next season. Better grab the sponsorless kits while you can

I hear that Qatar had signed on for one more year with Barcelona and Amazon is going to take over next season. Better grab the sponsorless kits while you can
Yeah that's correct but the shirts you can buy in stores will always be sponsorless this season. You won't be able to find one with Qatar on.

If you do happen to want it on yours then you'll have to find the Qatar sponsor and print it yourself

Yeah that's correct but the shirts you can buy in stores will always be sponsorless this season. You won't be able to find one with Qatar on.

If you do happen to want it on yours then you'll have to find the Qatar sponsor and print it yourself

If they sign with a sponsor soon, there's still plenty of time for Nike to produce jerseys with the sponsor print that should be out for the general public to buy by December or so at the latest.

At the very least, you can bet that the Barca team store will modify their stock of shirts ASAP with the sponsor print, as I'm sure the sponsor will expect it.

And right now I've seen plenty of counterfeit Barca jerseys that were made based off of design leaks before the sponsor-less situation arose, hat have the Qatar Airways print. Not a good option though.

Is there any website that writes about soccer jersey? like news and stuff

Most people get their stuff, including that news about Qatar Airways and Amazon, from a site like footyheadlines or todo sobre camesitas.

Back
Top Bottom