OFFICIAL STOCK MARKET AND ECONOMY THREAD VOL. A NEW CHAPTER

wallyhopp wallyhopp Sorry, meant the follow-up to RH, glad to have someone else in here have the same sentiment!

All good amigo - with cap drying up there’s a lot of opp to take market share here. Follow your convictions

2008 drop was 50%? So this really ain’t nothing.
I’ve shared random bits. But even the 2018 drop had a decade worth of growth wiped away almost instantly. I was down 15-25% overall. And then late 2020 to 2021 saw 50-60% growth once again. I’m still up 33% from 2 years back, and now down 7% one year out.

It’s truly all ups and downs and rebalancing it all.

My 401k is rather new as I’m not too old. But overall, it’s at a positive 18%, not including any 10% tax breaks. So there is still value in this dinosaur.

RH seems alright, don't do all my trades through there though

If worst comes to worst, another exchange would probably just buy RH and it's users

Not expecting a Coinbase situation...

RH seems alright, don't do all my trades through there though

If worst comes to worst, another exchange would probably just buy RH and it's users

Not expecting a Coinbase situation...

Nah - user base overlaps with what the main brokerages already have + they sell their data to Schwab, etc

Screenshot_20220523-021551_TikTok.jpg

Stock picking is a tough game. If you're like me, Q1 and Q2 of 2022 have made me question my ability as a stock picker

Many of my investments were driven by speculation, rather than prudent investment. ***** has felt brutal, but it's a marathon, not a sprint

Stock picking is a tough game. If you're like me, Q1 and Q2 of 2022 have made me question my ability as a stock picker

Many of my investments were driven by speculation, rather than prudent investment. ***** has felt brutal, but it's a marathon, not a sprint
You'll learn. You got time and this environment is a good learning experience. Some of us graduated high school/were in college during the Great recession and went through a similar learning experience. One thing you learn is that good companies can become **** companies overnight, so don't marry anything. Except AAPL.

You'll learn. You got time and this environment is a good learning experience. Some of us graduated high school/were in college during the Great recession and went through a similar learning experience. One thing you learn is that good companies can become **** companies overnight, so don't marry anything. Except AAPL.

And NVDA :nerd:.

Question for the more experienced traders:

Snap's admission last night that they would not meet the street's expectations basically tanked companies that rely on ad revenue. The news came after hours, so if you wanted to take advantage, you'd have to wait for market opening today (if you're the average investor), which by some measure was a littke late to play the news. All that said, was Snap's announcement an example of "buy the rumor sell the news"? If yes, how exactly do you take advantage of the rumor when it happens after the market closes?

Snap's admission last night that they would not meet the street's expectations basically tanked companies that rely on ad revenue. The news came after hours, so if you wanted to take advantage, you'd have to wait for market opening today (if you're the average investor), which by some measure was a littke late to play the news. All that said, was Snap's announcement an example of "buy the rumor sell the news"? If yes, how exactly do you take advantage of the rumor when it happens after the market closes?

Slapping puts would’ve worked, even off open. Obviously opening the position yesterday would’ve banked harder but still worked today

Like 206to813 206to813 said, early day play was puts on opening but closing quickly for a quick scalp. The play now is short term calls. We still close red but not as bad.

Still not a good time buy long term holding positions.

Back
Top Bottom