OFFICIAL STOCK MARKET AND ECONOMY THREAD VOL. A NEW CHAPTER

I am continuing to add my positions and I hope folks in here are too, I see interest rates continuing to trend up and I don't necessarily think we have reached bottom, but a lot of deals out here. It's getting to the point where it's easier to hit than miss imo.

As an aside, count me all the way out on Disney, they are just not big enough anymore, which is crazy to say. They aren't the right owner of ESPN, the news that broke today about discount park access for lower income families seems more of a reaction than a strategy. And most importantly, Disney + is a non-factor unless you have kids, in a now crowded industry.

I could see it hitting 70's this year, a lot of debt too.

Walt Disneys plan was for the Disney parks to be a destination for the masses and not just the well off. With tickets being 120+ today plus flight plus housing Disney for many families is truly unattainable. I really would like if they did that as much as it may hurt the stock somewhat. I was golfing in the area with people who were there with their families over the holidays and the prices they told me they were paying were just stupid. $20k for a vacation for 5 to stay at one of the Disney resorts. 🤦‍♂️

Walt Disneys plan was for the Disney parks to be a destination for the masses and not just the well off. With tickets being 120+ today plus flight plus housing Disney for many families is truly unattainable. I really would like if they did that as much as it may hurt the stock somewhat. I was golfing in the area with people who were there with their families over the holidays and the prices they told me they were paying were just stupid. $20k for a vacation for 5 to stay at one of the Disney resorts. 🤦‍♂️

Facts. My sister took her family in August and paid around 10k for 3 days. Ridiculous.

I’m over here with an annual pass to Disney California (I don’t live in California), and I hit Disney world in Florida last year as well. I don’t have a family so it’s just me plus friends, I can’t get over the prices families are paying to go.

Someone breakdown the prices, my brother in law is going end of this month and I want to hate hate hate when I see him

Someone breakdown the prices, my brother in law is going end of this month and I want to hate hate hate when I see him

It really depends on what he’s doing. If he’s staying at one of the Disney resorts he’s shelling out a pretty Penny. I think daily entry is around $130 per day per person. Now there are addons for like the fast track on certain rides and stuff and tickets can quickly add up to 200+ per. If they stay on the Disney property $500+ per night is expected. Add food and stuff and travel. It’s a lot man.

It really depends on what he’s doing. If he’s staying at one of the Disney resorts he’s shelling out a pretty Penny. I think daily entry is around $130 per day per person. Now there are addons for like the fast track on certain rides and stuff and tickets can quickly add up to 200+ per. If they stay on the Disney property $500+ per night is expected. Add food and stuff and travel. It’s a lot man.

Yeah he is and I know it was more to stay in certain character rooms there or something?

Can’t wait to troll him on this, thanks 😂😂

Gen Z doesn't really care about Disney like that. Which ultimately is going to affect their growth.

It's the older generation that care because of nostalgia. The boomers are dying out and soon it will just be the millennials left.

I will say, they were smart to acquire star wars and marvel. That's what's keeping them afloat.

Went to Hollywood Studios for Galaxy's Edge and then Epcot to drink around the world in early December. Dumb expensive, too many damn hoops and pay walls to jump through to even get a chance at doing half the rides and such...ultimately ruined my desire to go back with a family one day. Costs wayyyy too much time, energy and money.

Even if we go lower, AMZN at these prices is pretty good. This is literally pandemic low price.

Looking at their stock price history, always had a bounce back year after a red one.

Even if we go lower, AMZN at these prices is pretty good. This is literally pandemic low price.

Looking at their stock price history, always had a bounce back year after a red one.

Tell me why it’s a good buy? Or are you going off the brand?

Tell me why it’s a good buy? Or are you going off the brand?

Off the brand.

They're still dominating. Still trying to expand into healthcare. I see more and more trucks everywhere. I know people who spend half their paychecks shopping with whole foods or them. I can't see that changing over the next 5-10 years.

If we're talking about price. I know for sure they are making more now than they were in 2018 and the stock price is the same.

Off the brand.

They're still dominating. Still trying to expand into healthcare. I see more and more trucks everywhere. I know people who spend half their paychecks shopping with whole foods or them. I can't see that changing over the next 5-10 years.

Got it - the technical analysis and fundamentals have said different but I agree with you.

The market doesn’t care about growth right now (or near future) you get rewarded for profitability and what we keep hearing is “running a business the right way”.

Got it - the technical analysis and fundamentals have said different but I agree with you.

Yea the TA is showing we can bounce back down to as low as low 80s/high 70s.

I'm bearish on the whole market in general with the rates still going up and businesses feeling the effects of the hikes from last year, but I see more volatile sideways movement in 2023 than some crash like in 2022.

Yea the TA is showing we can bounce back down to low 80/high 70s.

I'm bearish on the whole market in general with the rates still going up and businesses feeling the effects of the hikes from last year, but I see more volatile sideways movement in 2023 than some crash like in 2022.

I’ve said it in here the last few years - hope you have cash. We are buying and holding everything

Damn...y'all still got money? At this point, if I'm buying, I'm using margin...and I'm already margined out my ***. Smh

Back
Top Bottom