OFFICIAL STOCK MARKET AND ECONOMY THREAD VOL. A NEW CHAPTER

What's your guys' strategy for choosing a price level at which to enter a stock? I know its impossible to time the market, but generally what do you guys do in your efforts to nail an attractive entry? Currently want to add to my position in a few stocks since they're hot, but I don't want to get caught at the peak of a run up and get killed on a pullback.

What's your guys' strategy for choosing a price level at which to enter a stock? I know its impossible to time the market, but generally what do you guys do in your efforts to nail an attractive entry? Currently want to add to my position in a few stocks since they're hot, but I don't want to get caught at the peak of a run up and get killed on a pullback.
Are we talking day trade or investment? Buy the dips with the trend.

You don’t lose any money unless you sell
Let’s not ever forget that
The plan is to turn a profit
Period
Good luck with that philosophy. The best day traders take small losses by cutting off their starters when they aren't working. If you're day trading you should never be taking something overnight unless that was your plan from the get go.

Good luck with that philosophy. The best day traders take small losses by cutting off their starters when they aren't working. If you're day trading you should never be taking something overnight unless that was your plan from the get go.

I look at day traders and swing traders as the same
I mean the long hold dudes look at it like that as well
If I make a pick and it’s down for the day I always have cash on the side uninvested to lower the average cost per share so then I could have a waayyy better chance to come out on top I do that with only one of my stocks the others if it goes down I just wait until it make a good return that I’m satisfied with no biggie
We have the tools to do this
Without being there and without devoting all of our time to that
I think everybody should at least explore these options things are changing and we have the power to let our money make money for us without involving anyone else

Are we talking day trade or investment? Buy the dips with the trend.

Investments

And I’m beginning to learn that. Been studying how to identify trends, using trend lines, and trading reversals.

On another note, decided to sell off some VRX to make moves in TGT and others. Still wishing I kept it a little longer. :lol: Still did well today though. Wishing I had bought more TGT at $73.

Looking at the charts for previous support/resistance levels, any news/catalysts, and any general momentum/mood changes you can pick up on. For me if it's not a trade and I really believe in the company and their future, I don't go too crazy trying to get the perfect entry, just any dip or short term weakness in the stock or market overall that I feel is unwarranted/overdone or will resolve quickly would be enough for me to add/enter.

If you’re day trading you’re day trading. You need to learn how to cut off losers and minimize he pain. There is no averaging down in day trading. You either average into a position by starting into it during a washout and adding when a trend forms, or you cut it off when trend breaks. If you’re swing trading or investing, you have the leeway to average down and dca. Bt day trading is a different animal. Think you can just keep buying and averaging down and you’ll wind up finding yourself holding a huge bag of something that you regret and being down a hell of a lot more than if you just stopped out.

If you’re day trading you’re day trading. You need to learn how to cut off losers and minimize he pain. There is no averaging down in day trading. You either average into a position by starting into it during a washout and adding when a trend forms, or you cut it off when trend breaks. If you’re swing trading or investing, you have the leeway to average down and dca. Bt day trading is a different animal. Think you can just keep buying and averaging down and you’ll wind up finding yourself holding a huge bag of something that you regret and being down a hell of a lot more than if you just stopped out.

I haven’t came across this problem at all yet
I would rather hold the bag just off of it having the possibility of at least breaking even

i'd never sell at a loss unless its for an opportunity for a gain bigger than the loss

Upped my stake in VRX during the quick early morning dip at 24.04. Very bullish on this.

Also, TNDM. :pimp:

AMD on a war path right now as well.

Last edited:
I added Turtle Beach to my long term investing account

Also check out Netflix if you haven’t already and I been hearing about another streaming service called IQ out of another country Amhara about $36 a pop right now

I said this before but nobody paid attention.

Put UONEK on your watchlist. Their pattern has been consistent for a year now. It’s a penny stock you can easily make money off of. I’ve been making money off this particular stock for a while now.

I’m good on penny stocks. Not for me.

In other news, just found out I’ll be able to purchase some NKE at a discount in September. :pimp: (employee)

Hoping I catch it at a good time.

Last edited:
Not saying it will jump like Turtle Beach, but their consistent pattern allows for people to make some money off it.

Back
Top Bottom