OFFICIAL STOCK MARKET AND ECONOMY THREAD VOL. A NEW CHAPTER

Coronavirus making me good money: $LAKE $NVAX $APT $NNVC

I expect these to continue to run next week as more and more headlines come out about more infected people and fear spreads. The scenes on twitter from China are wild and already seeing news of face masks being sold out here in some parts of the US.

Long GLD and VIX also doing well. Next 2 weeks all the big boys on Nasdaq report earnings, don't want to get too optimistic but I'm hoping for a nice sell off.

Coronavirus making me good money: $LAKE $NVAX $APT $NNVC

I expect these to continue to run next week as more and more headlines come out about more infected people and fear spreads. The scenes on twitter from China are wild and already seeing news of face masks being sold out here in some parts of the US.

Long GLD and VIX also doing well. Next 2 weeks all the big boys on Nasdaq report earnings, don't want to get too optimistic but I'm hoping for a nice sell off.

Spot On!! NNVC, NVAX, MGEN for me

A bit extreme but....

"During the peak of the SARS scare from December 2002 to April 2003, the S&P 500 dropped 8.3% and stocks related to discretionary spending and emerging markets (particularly China) underperformed. At the same time, the price of gold jumped 4.8%."

SARS & Ebola dropped Markets....but soon afterwards, Markets came back with a Vengeance.
*WuhanOutbreak is very small (so far) compared to SARS

*Great info from Inside China

Last edited:
Ebola scare in 2014 dropped S&P by 10% in one week, and the market was nowhere near as overbought and inflated then as it is now. I personally do not trust that China has this under control or that they are reporting accurate numbers.

Screenshot_20200125-125202_Chrome.jpg

...But with a prez hellbent on pumping "his" Markets and a chicken-sh*t FED...Hindenburg gets bigger.

*This might Pop it

Feeling like $APT and $LAKE can hit 20+ if not 40+ within the next 2 weeks.

I was checking the top pharmacy wholesalers today (cardinal, mckesson, amerisource bergen etc) and almost all are already sold out of face masks and n95 respirators.

Attachments

• 71C7E6A3-33E0-45C3-AE2B-4F563ECCD33C.jpeg
    71C7E6A3-33E0-45C3-AE2B-4F563ECCD33C.jpeg
    251.8 KB · Views: 331
Feeling like $APT and $LAKE can hit 20+ if not 40+ within the next 2 weeks.

I was checking the top pharmacy wholesalers today (cardinal, mckesson, amerisource bergen etc) and almost all are already sold out of face masks and n95 respirators.

BCRX & INO too!!

NVAX gonna Moon

I’m mostly cash on my trading accounts anyway got a couple of small call positions on two of them with more cash on the side

So they can doom and glooom all they want over the weekend I like SPY reversals better anyway as a trade if the opportunity presents itself

If not gold going to be rocking and treasuries as well

As far as the stocks on holding go ahead a give me a discount that I can average down and get more shares for the run back up

Every outbreak, going back decades, was a prime BTFD opportunity.
*this outbreak not looking as bad as SARS
We also have Trump, Powell & Team to back us up.
Tepper is still all-in (for now).

Last edited:
Every outbreak, going back decades, was a prime BTFD opportunity.
*this outbreak not looking as bad as SARS
We also have Trump, Powell & Team to back us up.
Tepper is still all-in (for now).

I mean I’m on Stocktwits where they are acting as if this is worst than aids

like all weekend trying to convince people that folks are just falling out dead

hell the average person has no idea what this is

Like I’m prepared to take my L on the calls I’m holding over the weekend
But I got cash on the side so if spy opens with a gap down tomorrow fine

if it’s climbs up
im climbing right along with it

I mean I’m on Stocktwits where they are acting as if this is worst than aids

like all weekend trying to convince people that folks are just falling out dead

hell the average person has no idea what this is

Like I’m prepared to take my L on the calls I’m holding over the weekend
But I got cash on the side so if spy opens with a gap down tomorrow fine

if it’s climbs up
im climbing right along with it

Only projected to open -0.65%

Stocktwits is like an online boiler room :lol:

ES drop not as bad at open...Corona Virus deaths increasing, Iraq embassy bombing Retaliations underway...woulda expected a bigger drop

Reddit, stocktwits are filled with morons. Bunch of idiots tried to tell me BA was going to go up and not down on Tuesday meanwhile it tanked like $15 at its lows. Stick to the people you know have been successful who share their ideas and ignore the rest of the noise.

China A50 futures down 5.1% or 700 points, only time I saw it down this much was during the China meltdown 2016

Coronavirus stocks ripping hard in pre-market, my prediction is they will only go much higher for the rest of the week. Serious bank can be made on these things. Each new headline of a new case just sends then higher and higher.

Market tanking, my prediction is this will not be a simple 1 day V shape reversal to new highs. We are probably headed much much lower by the end of the week. Bubble got way too hot, it’s about time to let some air out of this thing.

Back
Top Bottom