OFFICIAL STOCK MARKET AND ECONOMY THREAD VOL. A NEW CHAPTER

tkthafm tkthafm so if I was to convert my 401k to bonds/short term assets during market hours, the conversion would take place at the market close levels?

I don’t plan on doing it but if we see another 10% spike tomorrow or whatever, I’ll surely need to consider.

This **** is crazy. I try to avoid timing things and I’m lucky to have cash on the side to DCA in when these opportunities arise, (outside of 401k), but watching a 401k go to **** is not whats poppin.

My mindset is might as well keep contributing to it now when stuff is low. I just try not to check it because I get pissed too, but just remember it's a long term

Honestly if you didn’t bail out early, this is what you have to do. Don’t stop your contributions and continue to do all this.

Word no way I'd stop contributions. I increased mine by a few points actually in hopes we see real low entries for a few paychecks and then I'll dial it back to ensure I don't max out before the last paycheck (to get full company match).

Chopper Chopper yeah will execute market close if mutual funds

I got stopped out of my last NQ short at 7400

-200 point loss

Now thinking we see a big relief rally tomorrow and Friday.

This **** is crazy. I try to avoid timing things and I’m lucky to have cash on the side to DCA in when these opportunities arise, (outside of 401k), but watching a 401k go to **** is not whats poppin.
Mine dropped over 10% over the past weeks. Im currently contributing 15% of my paychecks. Thinking of bringing that down to 5% until we are well into the recession.

Mine dropped over 10% over the past weeks. Im currently contributing 15% of my paychecks. Thinking of bringing that down to 5% until we are well into the recession.

you should take it low as you can....better to use the funds you wanted to invest in 401k this year into a roth or reg IRA and attempt to double it when this hits floor

folks you have time to put 6k from 2019 and 6k for 2020 into a roth ira......buy few stocks that doubles in 12-16 months.....

A time like this I wish I was sitting on a couple grand.

So many companies I would like to throw money at. Most for some long term plays and a good number of quick flips for once things recover

Back
Top Bottom