OFFICIAL STOCK MARKET AND ECONOMY THREAD VOL. A NEW CHAPTER

Thinking bout getting in the game.
What are y'all best educational resources?
Blogs, videos, etc.

The more basic the better.
Aware me Bros.

Thx in adv
Build cash for now. Read as much of investopedia.com as you can. Not sure about blogs or videos/youtube channels. Dont buy anything right now. We're still going to see drops in the market while the pandemic gets worse.

Thinking bout getting in the game.
What are y'all best educational resources?
Blogs, videos, etc. The more basic the better. Aware me Bros. Thx in adv.

1. Open an Ameritrade/Etrade/Schwabb account. I actually think Chase allows you to trade if you have savings with them, but I'm not sure their trades are free.
2. I check finance.yahoo.com daily to check the headlines and read articles that interest me. Start following companies that you're familiar with and use and like and watch how they move.
3. Learn was P/E multiple means and P/E/G. Pretty basic and easy metrics to understand. From there you'll know if the companies you like are value or growth plays. Value = stock is trading for a low P/E, and may have a good dividend. Growth = you're anticipating strong revenue and earnings growth and so you're willing to pay a higher P/E (price to earnings) for the shares. Amazon's P/E is probably ~70 whereas Apple is ~20 or so right now. The market expects Amazon is much better positioned for earnings growth.
4. If you want to start building a small position in the overall market, look up ETF's that track the market. For example, IVV tracks the S&P 500 at super low management fees. Their expense fee is 0.04%. SPY (does the same thing) has a higher expense fee (0.09%).

I mean I’m taking the money and I’m still not choosing
My state (Texas) is going republican regardless man
Ain’t no way around it

HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES LIKELY TO VOTE ON CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS BILL ON FRIDAY - FOX NEWS

DEMOCRATS NEED 24 HOURS TO REVIEW NEW BILL

AFTER PASSAGE OF CORONAVIRUS BILL, U.S. SENATE PLANS TO BE IN RECESS UNTIL APRIL 20 - MCCONNELL
*Hamptons...here we come!

just curious what states/regions folks are from? been reading about the proposed stimulus bill and seeing how the checks they're about to cut being more and more of a reality. but i don't see how this really helps recently unemployed and struggling people states like CA or NY where the cost of living is way above the national average. $1,000 in San Francisco CA =/= $1,000 Wichita, KS

just a quick google search and came across this site

https://www.rentcafe.com/blog/renta...nt-report/february-2020-national-rent-report/

this gotta be one of the most bizarre and poorly thought out stimulus checks issued.

just curious what states/regions folks are from? been reading about the proposed stimulus bill and seeing how the checks they're about to cut being more and more of a reality. but i don't see how this really helps recently unemployed and struggling people states like CA or NY where the cost of living is way above the national average. $1,000 in San Francisco CA =/= $1,000 Wichita, KS

just a quick google search and came across this site

https://www.rentcafe.com/blog/renta...nt-report/february-2020-national-rent-report/

this gotta be one of the most bizarre and poorly thought out stimulus checks issued.

It’s always like this. It’s the same with pay. I make like 25% more than my peers in day Indy but our cost of living is closer to +50% just because of how expensive housing is.

I assume most of us aren’t getting a stimulus - if you are you probably shouldn’t be in here to some degree lol

Was fun and very profitable scalping futures tonight while the senate debated. Easiest trade ever was shorting whenever the camera cut to Bernie Sanders.

Each time he would even start to speak, markets would immedietely start tanking :rofl:

I assume most of us aren’t getting a stimulus - if you are you probably shouldn’t be in here to some degree lol

true to some degree. if i were living paycheck to paycheck i probably wouldn't care or be able to consider my position in the stock market. but not sure what that income threshold is. lots of folks in the middle class could stand to benefit from understanding how to play the game.

i'm not expecting to receive a stimulus check as i'm just above that cut off point. not upset about it so long as the checks go to those in need. i just find it absurd that the government pretends like cost of living is the same nationwide.

Kinda get what you're saying when you said "to some degree"...

But let's be careful not to scare people off. There's a lot for people to learn in here that can come in handy when the time is right.

Kinda get what you're saying when you said "to some degree"...

But let's be careful not to scare people off. There's a lot for people to learn in here that can come in handy when the time is right.

They would be better off making sure they are getting their company 401k match instead of day trading.

Thread isn’t really for people trying to learn (there probably should be another one) unfortunately.

Back
Top Bottom