OFFICIAL STOCK MARKET AND ECONOMY THREAD VOL. A NEW CHAPTER

:rofl::rofl:Damn....get where you’re coming from, but slightly disagree. I know at least 2 guys who would qualify (if <75k per qualifies) that do well trading. I don’t think their opportunity should be limited because of their current employment.
Reported jobs numbers are as expected. Real ones are likely much worse.

I’m curious how they have the funds to trade? I’m just spitballing but if they live in a major city at that income, their trades must be relatively small, no?

Hell I qualify for and you're crazy if you think I'm not going to dip into the stock market. Of course, I'm still getting paid since I have a government job & I live in a small town in Mississippi. I can understand if he's talking to people that live in places like NY, Miami, LA etc and might soon find their way to the unemployment line...

Yes - if you live in these major spots I just can’t understand how you have the liquidity to trade.

I have zero clue how people live in Seattle per say and think - “oh lets throw this extra k into the market.” It would be better served in other ways - adding to 401k company match, Roth IRA, etc.

Yes - if you live in these major spots I just can’t understand how you have the liquidity to trade.

I have zero clue how people live in Seattle per say and think - “oh lets throw this extra k into the market.” It would be better served in other ways - adding to 401k company match, Roth IRA, etc.

Well once you max those out the next thing is to put a little away each paycheck to toss into trading.

I just don’t think the math adds up (especially in expensive parts).

I mean I don’t trade like you do. I tend to hold for longer when i take positions. But I put away 750 per paycheck and move it into a trading account since I maxed out my retirement accounts (401k, Roth, HSA) as my wages go up I increase that contribution too. I see what you’re saying, as I don’t have 100k to work with yet but give me some time and I will.

I’m curious how they have the funds to trade? I’m just spitballing but if they live in a major city at that income, their trades must be relatively small, no?

True, but you don’t need to start off with a fortune to build.

For every Seattle or NY, there are literally hundreds of places where 75k goes a long way.

For every Seattle or NY, there are literally hundreds of places where 75k goes a long way.

Yeah that’s fair, I just didn’t expect NTers to live there. Those are also the places where jobs are being eliminated (so what type of trading is happening?). Where do you live?

They must think that that 1200 dollars must be burning a hole in peoples pockets for them to think the people gonna go out and spend it on anything but groceries and bills.

It’s no other places to shop at honestly unless your a online shopper but that 1200 is going towards trading options

Back
Top Bottom