OFFICIAL STOCK MARKET AND ECONOMY THREAD VOL. A NEW CHAPTER

Stevie having the Worst Year Ever...just got Bailed out too...guess his dream of buying the Mets is over.

you know what it shouldn’t really be a surprise actually they’ve been dodging ER for some weeks now with no announcement

I will still trade it though it’s just now option writers are going to have to adjust because nobody is buying calls for a strike price of 15 at all

option writers are trying to finesse though but I’m not touching that with options until maybe next week

There will be buyers and everyone hasn’t jumped ship it’s been up since open so whoever bought shares during premarket are doing well I don’t see it going past $8 today and probably will get dumped at the end of the day

once ER come

Once ER starts coming out, ya'll think that will be priced in as well?
Absolutely it will be. "Oh Apple's revenue was cut 45%? Priced in stock go up" "Oh JC Penney lost 70% of year over year sales? This is what will finally turn them around stock go up" "Ford sold 3 cars in the month of March? They're rebounding better than expected stock go to the moon!"

Absolutely it will be. "Oh Apple's revenue was cut 45%? Priced in stock go up" "Oh JC Penney lost 70% of year over year sales? This is what will finally turn them around stock go up" "Ford sold 3 cars in the month of March? They're rebounding better than expected stock go to the moon!"

:rofl:

I will still be shorting.

People are still almost as greedy now as they were at the peak of the bubble.

:rofl:

I will still be shorting.

People are still almost as greedy now as they were at the peak of the bubble.
Amen. It's insane this detachment from reality that the markets are experiencing. Like, I get the desperation of people to pretend things are okay, but this is insane. There's absolutely no good news that can outweigh the impact of TEN MILLION jobs lost in 2 weeks, and the effect that will have on the economic landscape of America.

We've all been there. I admit I didn't always listen to older folks and paid the price. If I wasn't so stubborn and heeded advice given to me, I would be so much more successful. :smh:
We’ve all been there. I blew up my account when I first created this thread lmao. Just need these new people to realize how things work before jumping in with money.

doesn’t matter, when you file for 2020 the government will see if you qualified or not in 2019 and if you didn’t, they’ll take it back next year when you file
So its based on 2019? Guess I can take an interest free loan

We’ve all been there. I blew up my account when I first created this thread lmao. Just need these new people to realize how things work before jumping in with money.

I wish I knew wtf I was doing during the 2008-9 recession. I was only 18 though. Took me years to realize to just keep adding money monthly into the right index funds. Almost like another chance this go-around, with more money available.

Till this day I have no idea how people day trade though, gotta be the most emotional rollercoaster.

Last edited:
The most important thing is that this is the second best time in history to start learning. First best was 2008/9. Theres so much wild **** happening that new kids on the block will experience the pain and hardship up close and personal. Losing and learning now is so much better than easy gains and lazy explanations for success.

Amen. It's insane this detachment from reality that the markets are experiencing. Like, I get the desperation of people to pretend things are okay, but this is insane. There's absolutely no good news that can outweigh the impact of TEN MILLION jobs lost in 2 weeks, and the effect that will have on the economic landscape of America.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EUmVLO3XYAAAa8n?format=png&name=900x900

The impact on the real economy is just starting to be felt. There's no way that the fake facade that "everything is fine" "v-shape recovery soon" will be able to sustain through all the carnage, no matter how much money the FED pumps. Even if the virus vanishes overnight, the amount of damage done will ripple through the economy for a long time. Many jobs and businesses will be lost for good. None of the long term damage is even close to "priced in" IMO. Just need to be a little patient. I'm using every FOMO rally as an opportunity to short more but I take some profits along the way.

I wish I knew wtf I was doing during the 2008-9 recession. I was only 18 though. Took me years to realize to just keep adding money monthly into the right index funds. Almost like another chance this go-around, with more money available.

Till this day I have no idea how people day trade though, gotta be the most emotional rollercoaster.
Emotions were the main reason I blew up. I made the mistake of going full size full leverage on every day trade and the minute a stock would move against me I’d be down $500-$1000 and be like **** I need to sell, then I’d be on tilt and make a whole lot of other bad decisions and bam no money when my initial idea would work out if I scaled in correctly and was patient.

Made the switch from big4 to an IB thinking there would be less restrictions on trading but it’s the opposite 😭..guess I won’t be short term or day trading

U.S. DOES NOT KNOW FORMAL DETAILS OF SAUDI, RUSSIAN PLANS TO CUT OIL SUPPLY - SENIOR ADMINISTRATION OFFICIAL
TRUMP DOES NOT PLAN TO ASK DOMESTIC OIL PRODUCERS TO AGREE ON A SPECIFIC CUT - SENIOR ADMINISTRATION OFFICIAL
THE UNITED STATES CANNOT ORCHESTRATE MANDATED DOMESTIC OIL SUPPLY CUT - SENIOR ADMINISTRATION OFFICIAL

* $HAL still good +15%

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom