OFFICIAL STOCK MARKET AND ECONOMY THREAD VOL. A NEW CHAPTER

A lot of options talk and what not in here. Any one else looking at value investing for the long run? Saw Pinterest a few pages back with a good explanation. Still reading and learning as much as I can fundamentally. Haven’t quite stepped into understanding technical yet
Absolutely. I have my Roth sitting with 60% cash waiting for the market to bottom out and the economic landscape to thin the heard of garbage. Then I'm dumping a lot of money (relatively speaking for me) into quality companies and ETFs that will be setting themselves up for fantastic future growth coming out of this recession.

Still not selling the stocks I have, waiting to buy into more shares when the time is right, in my brokerage and Roth accounts.

Absolutely. I have my Roth sitting with 60% cash waiting for the market to bottom out and the economic landscape to thin the heard of garbage. Then I'm dumping a lot of money (relatively speaking for me) into quality companies and ETFs that will be setting themselves up for fantastic future growth coming out of this recession.

Still not selling the stocks I have, waiting to buy into more shares when the time is right, in my brokerage and Roth accounts.

Why hold the stocks? Was that your plan (for long run)?

I sold some thinking I could just rebuy them when it gets lower, now regretting some of those decisions. Also I wanted to cut some losses and didn't want to lose other equities that had gains (tried to lock in some profit). TBH, I wish I held, but got fearful when DOW was dropping 2000 points a day. Also, didn't have any cash to move around as most of it was invested, but now I have some cash and just waiting for things to settle and buy back in. Seems like lots of people are waiting.

Def slept on this thread. I have lots to learn from you all.

I'm curious as to what people's goals are when investing? Make quick money, retirement, saving for big purchases (cars, houses, etc)?

I'm want to make some gains and help pay my mortgage, save for my kid's post secondary, and save for retirement.

Why hold the stocks? Was that your plan (for long run)?

I sold some thinking I could just rebuy them when it gets lower, now regretting some of those decisions. Also I wanted to cut some losses and didn't want to lose other equities that had gains (tried to lock in some profit). TBH, I wish I held, but got fearful when DOW was dropping 2000 points a day. Also, didn't have any cash to move around as most of it was invested, but now I have some cash and just waiting for things to settle and buy back in. Seems like lots of people are waiting.

Def slept on this thread. I have lots to learn from you all.

I'm curious as to what people's goals are when investing? Make quick money, retirement, saving for big purchases (cars, houses, etc)?

I'm want to make some gains and help pay my mortgage, save for my kid's post secondary, and save for retirement.
Yeah I have long and short term plans. Long term investing in ETFs and solid companies I believe will be around forever (or at least until I die), and not selling ever, even in market downswings. Will add to positions to build dividend cash flow (look up dividend aristocrats) for future. Currently having divs reinvested into stock for faster share growth.

Then my short-term plays include things like buying/selling Tesla or losing money in options. Risky ****.

LK got tombstoned this morning :smh::smh::smh:
I’m glad I sold my shares at 32 calls will be dirt cheap on this today that’s if a spike even happens

3829DDE4-CE2F-4C3A-A0ED-916843729E3D.png

keep in mind this was $50 at the top of the year I regret not making the sale when I was up 20% but I don’t regret cutting the loss
It was a huge slice of my portfolio before I liquidated that and just started trading

LK got tombstoned this morning :smh::smh::smh:
I’m glad I sold my shares at 32 calls will be dirt cheap on this today that’s if a spike even happens

3829DDE4-CE2F-4C3A-A0ED-916843729E3D.png

keep in mind this was $50 at the top of the year I regret not making the sale when I was up 20% but I don’t regret cutting the loss
It was a huge slice of my portfolio before I liquidated that and just started trading
Wtf....

billions of sales they were reporting was found out to be fraud

I guess that article about their company being fraud didn’t hold to much weight at the time but they are paying for it now I couldn’t imagine buying at $25 yesterday to wake up to it at this price now :smh::smh::smh:

It had a good swing trade set up before close yesterday so I assume people were buying

Back
Top Bottom