OFFICIAL STOCK MARKET AND ECONOMY THREAD VOL. A NEW CHAPTER

If you have a five, ten, twenty, thirty year long strategy, stick with it. You'll take paper losses now but don't let it entice you into chasing some short term gains, you're more likely to get cleaned out than to make a lot in the short run.

For those HODLing physical Gold...do you keep it at the bank's safe deposit box or an in-home safe or like John Wick?
lol John wick

What’s the most money u guys have been down/at a loss investing?
3k, Just waited for it go back up to a number I was willing to accept, wanted pull $ out to buy other stocks and not lose anymore. I get burned on the CAD and USD exchange sometimes.

If you have a five, ten, twenty, thirty year long strategy, stick with it. You'll take paper losses now but don't let it entice you into chasing some short term gains, you're more likely to get cleaned out than to make a lot in the short run.
Yup, I think I should've just held before large sell off last few weeks, but I'm betting for markets to go lower than the recent lows. fingers cross

lol John wick

3k, Just waited for it go back up to a number I was willing to accept, wanted pull $ out to buy other stocks and not lose anymore. I get burned on the CAD and USD exchange sometimes.

Yup, I think I should've just held before large sell off last few weeks, but I'm betting for markets to go lower than the recent lows. fingers cross

As much as i just cautioned against short term strategies to beat the market and exploit the news cycle.

I'd say that if you want to make money through shorting, short a wide variety of equities when Trump's team announces or is about to announce a "reopening" because stock prices will bump up and that reopening will cause a second wave of new infections and equity prices will decline until there is a new stimulus.

What’s the most money u guys have been down/at a loss investing?

Unrelated, but I'll never forget it. My college roommate frequented the dark web for his campus business dealings. We bought around $600 worth of bitcoin together at the beginning of the spring semester in 2011.

He got caught a year later and arrested. To this day I have no idea where my money is or if he's out. All I know is it was in his account and he's not on social media.

I'm taking it as a loss idc :lol:

Unrelated, but I'll never forget it. My college roommate frequented the dark web for his campus business dealings. We bought around $600 worth of bitcoin together at the beginning of the spring semester in 2011.

He got caught a year later and arrested. To this day I have no idea where my money is or if he's out. All I know is it was in his account and he's not on social media.

I'm taking it as a loss idc :lol:

Considering the price was ~1$ at that point, that’s $4M :lol: :smh:

I remember i heard about btc a few months after the white paper came out and i thought “wow the technology is so interesting, it could change everything”.

Didn’t purchase any of course :lol:

As I suspected: HR told me they're pausing all external recruiting bc employee onboarding is impossible.
They said the team was "very positive" on me + will restart talks when the NYC office re-opens.

Grateful I still have a job. It's brutal out there.

My company laid off 8% this week. Low performers who were more than likely going to be cut this year anyway but they just accelerated it all.

Last edited:
Worst realized L for me was $XIV , over 100k lost overnight.

Currently down 30k on this open NQ short but that is still ongoing.

Nature of the beast.
i blew up a 50k account when I decided to become a trader and had no clue how to do it. This game humbles you harder and faster than anything you will touch in life.

I had to take a few years off to grow up and regroup, and it’s a challenge man. It’s been easier for me (still a challenge but now it’s just about patience and trusting my process) this go around solely because of position sizing. You go in there trying to sling size before you’re ready and you just compound the emotions and cause so much pain. Plan right now for me is small grind and only size up with the account’s natural growth from consistency.

1587233470705.jpeg

Might look into put spreads in delta, wwe, gotta see how their markets are. Maybe call spreads in Netflix and dominos. We’ll see.

No idea how u guys deal with the emotions of day trading.

One play at a time man
I have no idea how people have multiple plays going at once unless they are hedging the market
I get my first play off at around 9 am
And try to make my second around noon

Got to exercise risk management can easily blow a account with one bad move

Emotionally I’m on edge the closer the end of the week comes :lol: :lol:

Friday and Monday is more relaxed

$4 million saved they’ll likely that. Might be the only reason why I stay away. Could see that and them being essential lead to a positive move.

NEIMAN MARCUS GROUP IS PREPARING TO SEEK BANKRUPTCY PROTECTION AS SOON AS THIS WEEK, BECOMING THE FIRST MAJOR U.S. DEPARTMENT STORE OPERATOR TO SUCCUMB TO THE ECONOMIC FALLOUT FROM THE CORONAVIRUS OUTBREAK, PEOPLE FAMILIAR WITH THE MATTER SAID.

Back
Top Bottom