OFFICIAL STOCK MARKET AND ECONOMY THREAD VOL. A NEW CHAPTER

Am I the only one thinking of buying shares of the airline companies
Let’s say AAL

If you think its a short term play maybe, but I'm not touching American. There is too much uncertainty right now whether or not they will even make it. Even if we do restart the economy, how many people you think are going to want to fly in full masks and gloves? And even then, when the airlines are having to keep the middle seats open and operate at best at 2/3rd capacity do we really think they are going to turn a profit?

Only thing they really have going for them is gas being dirt cheap but god knows what happens to the price of commodities once we start opening and people are driving again.

Their current ratio right now is .37 so a lot of their survival is going to depend on government bailouts/ability to defer payments to vendors. Even then they have been bleeding cash so god knows what kind of deal they just got on this debt they just issued to the Feds,

Really curious just how much the "average joe" is feeling the economic impact of all this right now.

30M+ are unemployed but I know many are making more now just chilling at home than they ever did working.

Will be interesting to see what happens when the benefits run out, though there will probably be heavy pressure to extend them longer.

Those that are making more while chilling at home gotta know there’s a cap. The pandemic pay relief ($600/week) here in NY is only for 3 months.

Hmm. Big winners from yesterday's earnings and AH trading all gave up gains except for Facebook. At least the ones I've checked up on. TSLA 3% under yesterday's close price. Maybe this weeks unemployment and Q1 contraction finally tripped algos and bulls?

Really curious just how much the "average joe" is feeling the economic impact of all this right now.

30M+ are unemployed but I know many are making more now just chilling at home than they ever did working.

Will be interesting to see what happens when the benefits run out, though there will probably be heavy pressure to extend them longer.

Most people will still be taking a at least small hit from this even on unemployment. Unemployment benefits are taxable, it doesn't make up for the loss of health insurance and people miss retirement contributions. There will still be an economic hit because unemployed people don't spend money like employed people.

Hmm wonder what the catalyst is for AAPL dropping after hours. No guidance doesnt seem like it. Maybe purely down to iPhone numbers missing? Curious what questions Tim Apple will get about Q2 (or fiscal Q3) when earnings call starts.

^doubt it, huge backlog of people still trying to apply

AAPL and AMZN no bueno after hours

q2 will be catastrophic

I agree. I put Apple iPhone upgrades in the same category as those discretionary clothing and shoe/sneaker purchases that people will put off since people aren't going to be going out like they used to. A lot of these status symbol purchases gonna be held off on for a while.

I agree. I put Apple iPhone upgrades in the same category as those discretionary clothing and shoe/sneaker purchases that people will put off since people aren't going to be going out like they used to. A lot of these status symbol purchases gonna be held off on for a while.
The difference between a gucci belt and an iPhone is you pay the iphone off in 24 months interest free. I don’t see that negatively affecting them. And people are going to be on their phones now more than ever those who want new phones will get one to make themselves feel better. I’m nowhere near as bearish on Apple as I am on other companies. Btfd.

The difference between a gucci belt and an iPhone is you pay the iphone off in 24 months interest free. I don’t see that negatively affecting them. And people are going to be on their phones now more than ever those who want new phones will get one to make themselves feel better. I’m nowhere near as bearish on Apple as I am on other companies. Btfd.

With credit cards and debt these days, both purchases are the same from a credit perspective for most consumers emotionally. The average iPhone buyer isn't doing a financial analysis of interest rates. 😂.

Maybe them being on their phones more may make a difference.

With credit cards and debt these days, both purchases are the same from a credit perspective for most consumers emotionally. The average iPhone buyer isn't doing a financial analysis of interest rates. 😂.

Maybe them being on their phones more may make a difference.
You’re right :lol the slowing growth is a bigger concern overall though they’re going to have to hope they create major hits for Apple TV plus or create a new product

Ur blinding urself with hate. Its the present
I have no hate but facts are facts musk is a terrible person and a crooked ceo. The ventilator stuff is just the latest in a long line of issues. And there’s no reason a car company should carry that valuation. Having said that under $400 I’m a buyer, over and id be selling 10% everyday.

I have no hate but facts are facts musk is a terrible person and a crooked ceo. The ventilator stuff is just the latest in a long line of issues. And there’s no reason a car company should carry that valuation. Having said that under $400 I’m a buyer, over and id be selling 10% everyday.

yeah the thing that worries me is the long term price of oil. A lot of analysts think it will be years before the price returns to normal so how much demand is there going to be for electric when gas is a $1.50.

I have a hard time thinking Tesla’s market cap is 5 times of GMs

Back
Top Bottom